You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: It's Time To Go Now

Real Ghost Stories

It's Time To Go Now

 

When I was twelve years old, my great grandmother became very ill with colon cancer. She went through treatment in the beginning, but it was not working and she was at the age that she felt she was ready to die. Her husband had been dead fifteen years, so when she got sick, her 8 kids and their spouses took turns looking after her.

One night, my great grandmother took a turn for the worst so my grandmother called her siblings together to help make her mother in-law as comfortable as possible. She continued to hold on through half the night, then she asked to be alone. Her kids left the room and went to their separate rooms. At around 11pm, my grandmother heard her father's voice coming from my great grandmother's room. He said as clear as day, "Its time to go now clarice..." My grandmother rushed to the room and realized that her siblings were also there. They had all heard their father's voice and my great grandmother was dead.

To this day my grandmother will swear that this happened, and why would every other person in that house hear the same thing if it had not been real? My family is devout church of christ and to know that there is a place that we are "going" when we die is just another reason to have faith in heaven and our lord.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rachel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
What a beautiful story Rachel. A story like this just makes you believe more in your faith and heaven above. Thank you for sharing it with us. ❤
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
wow,
I've heard many stories like this.
I don't doubt was her husband coming to get her ;)
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Thank you for the story Rachel! Yes but for now we must look down here, becuase this is a mere image of heavan. Except it has demons and it is polluted. That story, will hopefully happen to me one day. I would hear a voice telling me that my famliy member had died or got me ready for a tradigy. Maybe that's why I see this little girl, and she gives me a comfort feeling. Unless that's the woman. Bu t thank you very much for the story!
Love with my heart,
Mikomi
fudgybunny (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
I have great sympathy for your losses. Your story really touched me. I actually cried. Your story seemed almost magical, like in a movie. I can just picture it my my mind... So peaceful... So peaceful. Thank you for submitting your story. I think we should all just enjoy the rest of the day. Who knows? It could be our last.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Dear Rachel,

My condolences for the past loss of both of your great grandparents. I am certain that both of them are checking into the lives of their family members even as I write this comment.

Your shared story shows myself and other readers that our loved ones are not only still alive after death, but they are waiting for us to help us cross over when it is our chosen time. It also shows that having a strong foundation and faith in one's own personal belief system can also help bridge the physical and spiritual realms no matter what our differences. Your story also shows that your great grandparents love for each other also transcended death. Thus, there is much to be learned from this story. I appreciate you taking the time to write it down and submitting it for all of us to read, enjoy and learn from. Blessings, Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: