You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Paranormal Is Happening Since I Woke Up

Real Ghost Stories

Something Paranormal Is Happening Since I Woke Up

 

My name is Darragh and I am a 17 year old male living in Dublin Ireland. I'm writing about an incident that couldn't have taken place more than two hours ago and since hasn't stopped. I was asleep all day having spent the previous night awake playing videogames (yeah typical teenager thing) Anyway I went to sleep in the day and had terrible nightmares and when I woke up... I felt something pushing me back into the bed especially concentrating on my left arm; it pulled my bed covers over me and began pushing down against it... It wasn't very strong but strong enough to cause someone who just woke up to struggle. I shouted out to my mother and father downstairs and the pushing seemed to stop...

I made my way to the top of the stairs cautiously as I was afraid it would push me down from behind. I never saw what was doing the pushing. Anyway not long after sitting in a room with my mother did the light start turning on and off, I looked to my mother expecting her to comment about it... But she never did and when I told her about it she was totally oblivious to what had just happened... I also heard very loud whispering (kind of a contradiction but it's the only way I could describe this noise) It was coming from outside of the door but I didn't dare check it out... It was VERY loud. I asked my mother could she hear it but once again she noticed nothing... Trickery I thought, it wants to play with my head. Anyway I found this website while looking up an explanation as to what is happening to me and decided to post my experience.

Thanks for reading. Help if you can please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Darragh1994, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Pray man you just need to pray to jesus with faith and from your heart and maybe they attacked you because you are the weaker in the house maybe they are not targetting you and I think your mother know something maybe she did something ask her
Sachintyagi (2 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-02)
Take five stones from any crossroad. Put these stones under your pillow while you go to sleep. Next morning, after waking up, take these stones and go to nearby graveyard. Throw all stones with full force and should come back home. Please don't look back after throwing these stones. You will never experience this type of thing again.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Darragh1994: I have the feeling you experienced sleep paralysis, as adsouza has mentioned look into this because what you described are the familiar signs for this.
Regarding the lights not being witnessed by your mum, this may be because they werent actually physically flicking, I believe you may have been in a state of shock and were still tired from just waking up. The mind can play some great tricks on us when it is in a deprivation state.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
night_day (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Video games are usually meant for entertainment but every time I play for a long time, I have headaches and sometimes nightmares. Video games alter the functioning of the brain and makes your brain work more. Now imagine if that's the case for long periods of time such as like you said 'overnight', your brain becomes exhausted and needs you to sleep to recover. It may be that what you have experienced is not real and just an imagination caused by your over-tired brain, that's a logical possibility. The pushing and the whispers can be due to your brain but the lights flickering on and off still remains a mystery or it could be hallucinations which I doubt would be caused by video games
terrifiedofthedark (1 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
i think i'm in your same position it really happent to me like it happent to you but I kept it a secret, no one knows about it even that it happent more than once. Maybe we should tak about it if you want, this incident made me so frightened from dark and sleep with the light on all the night... I didn't figure out out what was pushing me but I saw a ghost wearing in black it was terrible, I think it was a demon because I know that the things that were pushing me are not peaceful, they WANT to haunt me so badly but I didn't trust or give up myself to them... So DON'T trust them they re hell creatures they WANT to hurt you be careful.
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
I agree with JBarum. I used to dream about being in some dark dungeon with a gun in my hand. (Don't ask!)

Also, you should look up sleep paralysis. It may help you with some answers.
JBarum (28 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
If this has only happened this one time, it could be a result of the video games. Playing video games for long periods of time can have strange side effects. I believe it's due to the hyperstimulation experienced while you're playing. Constant movement, etc. When my brother was young, he would play this one game in particular for hours and at night, he would have trouble sleeping, night terrors and sleepwalking. Once he stopped playing the game, it stopped. So, if it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like it was just this one time, right?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: