You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Scared To Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Scared To Sleep

 

When I was about 5 years old when I first seen her we lived in a house from I believe the 40's. My mom grew up in this house and she never experienced anything. When it first happened I was in the basement with my dad he was looking at baseball cards and I was colouring on the floor right next to him. Where I was sitting was a wicker bench, in the corner of my eye I seen a little girl in a white night gown. She was about the same age and had long brown hair. I didn't do anything I just kept colouring but I could still see her.

The next time I seen her was a few months later I woke up in the middle of the night and she was sitting at the end of my bed just starting at me. She never talked she would just look at me I didn't know what to do so I just went back to bed. I never saw her again.

My other experience was when I was in elementary school; I could never sleep at night so I would be the only one awake. One night I finally fell asleep and I woke up out of the blue to what I thought was my dad watching TV. So I tried to fall back asleep but the TV was so loud I decided to go down stairs to tell my dad to turn it down. When I went down the stairs to find that my dad wasn't down there and the TV wasn't on. I got so scared I ran up the stairs and hid under my covers until morning. I never knew what it was.

My last experience in this house was that every night I could hear people walking in the kitchen it was in the same place every time. My mom always told me that it was just the house but it always sounded like someone walking around.

Other hauntings by hillary81112

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hillary81112, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
In june 9th 2013 or the 10th I do not know if it was lucid, sleep paralysis, or a real terror I felt something touch me on my left leg as I said I do not know it was a dream or not it scared me a little though.
lucillia (2 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
I was scared to sleep... People said I had sleep paralysis.

But I didn't believe it... I used to wake up with shadows around my bed! I couldn't move scream or sometimes close or open eyes! I aways heard this weird noise... Then all of the sudden I could move... It felt like I was being restrained and like something was keepimg me from speaking... I learned it was low level spirits either killed themselves or just died evil that tried to possess me... Its real don't doubt it... Its real... If you think its all made up... Then if it ever happens to you then don't be supprised and blow it off its real. The devil has so many tricks that even can closely relate to disorders
A physian will label you have... Please be aware... He
Wants to divide families peace and happy
relarionships... 😭
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Were you ever in bed and you actually felt her sit down?
Like actually feel her weight on the bed as you were laying there trying to sleep?
little_girl (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Don't try to comunicate with the ghost 😢 Because that's like letting the ghost think its okay to haunt you. SO just leave em alone untill/unless they do somthing bad 😁
demoness (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
oh wow I have had a lot of I don't know if I could call them paranormal, but I defiantly no there really creepy, in fact last night I was using a ouija board and nothing happened for the ouija board but in our hallway I kept hearing low growling noises and such, but if I had an experiences as bad as yours I would try to communicate with the entity and see what exactly kind of haunting it is
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Sound like Something there when I use to stay over My grandparent's home hear them floor make a noise at night while sleep it go boom boom of course the house is very old and it's does creaking when walk on at night. I know what you been through 😐
hillary81112 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
i did have two dogs at the time but they would be sleeping with me and I knew it wasn't my parents because it would happen around 2am
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
[at] Vanessa: Explain 'fugdeouliscouisly'? 😐

[at] hillary81112, I can see how you would feel scared. Girls in white nightgowns and long black/brown hair seem to be a constant vision people see, I'm not sure what it's about. But it is eerie.

About the TV being on, that creeped me out a bit as it has happened to me a couple of times, maybe it's just ringing in the ears.

People walking in the kitchen... You wouldn't have a pet dog/cat by any chance have you?
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
As far as the walking around part I know how you feel I used too hear walking around at night in my house when I was little. I heard this walking around noise up on until I turned 8 that when I started praying I was christian then and I bet I could say the our father prayer faster than any kid I knew at the time and every night after my prayers I would quickly add and don't let me have any bad dreams or nightmares. The thing is they could not have been bad dreams or nightmares like my parents called them because I was awake for them. My parents put me to bed early but, I always stayed up reading or just playing in my room I was a night owl then and I'm a night owl now lol. I liked your story reminds me of myself when I was little but I never saw who was walking late at night while everyone was asleep it always ended with me screaming and running into my parents room and jumping into their bed. Thank you for you story.
VanessaDavenport (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Just by not reading I can tell youre story is fugdeouliscouisly How I feel.

VanessaDavenport ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: