You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scared The Hell Out Of Me

Real Ghost Stories

Scared The Hell Out Of Me

 

Most of us today are working from home. Some, on site but not as many than the usual. Everybody is afraid to go out because of the pandemic but sometimes, we have no choice and we need to earn money so we need to go to work. With that being said, I am one of them. I am working in a BPO company somewhere in Taguig, Philippines.

My story or should I say my experience happened October 31, 2020. My shift starts at 11:00PM (Manila Time) and ends at 8:00AM. We're just 4 on the production floor; 2 of my teammates, me and our leader. It was very avail (term in the BPO where there's no call coming in) we had 15mins interval before another call comes in. Just to give you an idea what our floor looks like, on the normal business days it can accommodate at least 80 teammates to a 100. Imagine how big it is, right? There were 4 of us only and our light is a motion detector, that means parts of the production floor was dark because there are no people. We didn't think anything paranormal will happen.

Before our lunch, I had this particular call that my client got mad at me because he felt like I am on somewhat a party-line and someone is trying to talk to him while I am talking to him. I got the call escalated and got reprimanded because of that so, I just shook it off and went on my lunch.

We are at the pantry, if I can remember like 10 of us at the pantry including the vendor, my leader just barged in on us paled face and didn't even want to talk to us (I'm kind of mad at her a lil' bit though... Haha) So, we're done with lunch time, finish our shift and we had this post shift huddle where we listened to the call I got reprimanded for.

I was so shock that there was another voice on my end and it feels like I am taking calls in a construction site, loud banging, like someone is trying to put a nail on something, people shouting but we couldn't make out as to what language they're using and worst was the other person sounded like an old man saying 'Pahinga muna ako' (I'll just take a rest) 3x and my client can hear it loud and clear. We have no idea as to what that was but surely, I am stunned. I can't even talk and I felt like I was floating because it really scared the hell out of me.

We offered a prayer and decided to call it a day because for sure, same thing will happen and only the 4 of us will see each other again.

Other hauntings by spookyONE69

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookyONE69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JoJorocks (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-30)
spookyONE69

Agree with lady-glow, you should make an investigation, like checking the phone lines if it is functioning properly or the surrounding era for possible source of noise.
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-20)
i know situations like this can be very freighting and surprising. I also do agree with many comments it could be just crossed communication.
This happened to me in fact but in a different way. I was using my amplifier to play my guitar outside and the all of a sudden I heard a woman's voice play through the amplifier.

"well that's not suppose to happen" I though but then I figured it was some radio station.

But has any other creepy things happened in your work place before? Or this is the first time?
WarlockMagicSpells (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-11)
I would get some white sage and burn it twice per day to clear away the negative energy. Https://warlockmagicspells.com
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-10)
Hi! Fellow Filipino here!

I also have a BPO experience. For those who are not living in the Philippines, most call center agents are your customer service representatives- the ones you call in your phone billing and the like and our clients are from the US, UK, and Australia. Thus, the night shift.
spookyONE69 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-07)
Hello Lady-glow,

I mean 4am that time. I was thinking of my previous schedule
spookyONE69 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-07)
Hello Lady-glow,

Thank you and thank you for reading my story.

I highly doubt it's an error. Well, hopefully it's just an error.

That was around 10:00PM and I am positive I am not near any construction site.

Thank you again for the comment ❤
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-06)
Hi spookyONE69:

I work in a call center, too. Honestly, I don't see in anyway how a poor connection is your fault. It is weird what you heard but lines get crossed, technology fails, things happen. Not really sure what occurred was paranormal but if you were to experience that again, I would suggest giving the customer a call back on another line. ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
OK Guys, "Business process outsourcing (BPO) is the practice of contracting a specific work process or processes to an external service provider. BPO is often divided into two main types of services: back office and front office. Back-office services include internal business processes, such as billing or purchasing." (Thanks, Uncle Google!)
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
spookyONE69,

I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well after Super Typhoon Rolly smashed into the island of Luzon.

After 40 years working in the telecommunications industry, I too, strongly suspect that you were a victim of a "crossed line". From what you described, the primary connection was between you and the client, with the "third party" potentially unaware that you two are hearing his conversation with somebody else.

Like Ruskin I would also like to know what "BPO" means and the banging (construction site) noise is a bit weird at that hour of the morning.

Sometimes what makes these phone conversations creepy, is who you are crossed with and their intention. I've left a link to one such experience.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=27217

Hopefully, the telecommunications infrastructure was not too badly damaged and you can get back to us soon.

Rex-T
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
Hi, Spooky.

I worked in a call center once, not sure what BPO stands for though. Not relevant to the experience though.

So, this construction noise has me curious. You work from 11 PM to 8 AM, and assuming lunch is about halfway through your shift, that would mean someone was doing a noisy construction job at about 3 AM. 3:30 AM. No wonder he wanted to take a rest. I'm usually asleep at that hour myself.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-04)
Hi spookyONE.

Welcome to YGS.

Personally, I think it is premature to consider this event a paranormal experience without trying to find any possible explanations.

Would it be possible that something went wrong with the telephone line, either on your side or at the customer's?

Being Halloween and during the wee hours of the night, it's possible that you an your coworkers got a bit paranoid about this odd event before even thinking if it can bee explained by something ordinary and mundane.
This is just my opinion.

Anyway, it makes a nice Halloween story.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: