You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Grandmother Tells Me I'm Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother Tells Me I'm Haunted

 

When I was little, we lived in North Miami, Oklahoma, and my mom and her mom used to tell me there was a spirit in the house. For a long time, I thought they were kidding to scare me, but after awhile I started to believe them. Sometimes I would lay in bed at night and hear a little boy talking. He would be calm at first, playful even, but he would get angry when I didn't reply.

It went on like that for a while and finally I told my mom. She talked to me about it for a few minutes, and before I went to play with the other kids my mom told me to talk back. I looked at her like she was crazy and she just nodded and said, 'try it'. That night at about 11pm, the little boy started talking to me again. I couldn't understand exactly what he was saying, but I got down with my toy box and pulled out a few things, explaining how to play games and talking to him about why I liked playing with them. He laughed and it echoed a little before my cousin walked in and asked who I was talking to. I looked up quickly and said no one, because I couldn't see him, I only heard him.

When I was 11, we moved to Sand Springs, Oklahoma and lived there for a year. During that time there was little activity, but I could still feel the little boy with me at times. By the time we moved to Quapaw before my freshman year, I could no longer feel the little boy with me.

For about six months, I felt normal, but one night walking around with my cousin, I saw a tall man with pale blond hair and pale skin following us. He was dressed in dark clothes and he looked distressed. I called back to him and my cousin, Kyle, asked me who I was yelling at. I pointed at the man and Kyle called to him, too, but he stopped walking and turned around when Kyle hollered. We shrugged at that and just went home.

That night, when I was trying to go to sleep, I could hear a man speaking. His voice was deep but slightly raspy and when I opened my eyes I saw him standing at the end of my bed in front of the bed my sister slept in. I was so scared I couldn't move, but I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, I was waking up and it was sunny. Before my freshman year ended, we moved to Anderson, Missouri.

We lived in a secluded, wooded area next to a cemetery and I would go sing to myself in the cemetery sometimes. I wasn't making many friends at that school, so I spent my free time alone. I would make the songs up and sometimes I walked among the graves. I never felt threatened as long as I stayed near the gazebo, but my mother and hers believe I brought something home with me. We only lived there for a few months before the evil in the house got to be too much for us and we left after my suicide attempt.

We are currently living in a house in Welch, Oklahoma and I still see the tall pale man. I live in a small apartment across the driveway from my mom and my parents and siblings refuse to enter my room. Sometimes I wake up with bite marks and others I wake up because something is thrown at me, although I sleep in that room completely alone. Sometimes I talk to him when I'm in there and I think he likes it. I can feel an angry tension in the room when I bring a male in, therefore my boyfriends refuse to enter as well. Many of them break up with me claiming to have been woken up by a tall pale man. I think whatever it is may be a bit possessive.

We anointed and blessed the house, but he's still there and I think he'll be with me for a long time. I have now found a boyfriend who isn't scared by my 'roommate's' warnings, but I still feel uneasy with him in my life. My grandmother said I attract spirits to me and that I may have 'psychic abilities', but I'm not sure I believe in it. I tried not talking to it, but it only made it furious, and I make anyone who comes over (females, guys refuse) acknowledge him when they come to visit.

My mother yells at him and orders him to leave, but sometimes I swear I can hear him growl at her. I still live with it, and it's beginning to feel like just another part of my life, but I decided to share my experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kymbra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Did the hauntings have anything to do with you moving around alot
BunnyPanda (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
It seems as if the spirit man wanted you all by himself which made him angry 😲. Be safe because seems as if he can be dangerous (my opinion).
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
I think steffi is on to something. He could be playing the role of like an overprotective father or some nature or could be the spirit assigned to watch over and protect you and he takes his job way too seriously. Try talking and treating him like a friend and before bringing a male friend home, explain to him what is happening, who the friend is and that he is safe.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
kymbra,

Here is the mentioned Cleansing Method... Please feel free to try this and / or ask any questions you may have.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
The is a houscleansing receipe that a commentor named Rook has, and several commentors have used successfully. Just type his name in the searh section of this site, and his profile should pop up. On some stories, he will have it, or another commentor will have it. Sometimes someone will just give it. Pephaps this is one thing you can have control over.
Leeh (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
You should communicate with him more until he wears off. The spirit probaly dealt with a break up in his life and is angry from it, so hes probaly just looking out for you. Be safe and good luck ❤.

Lee
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
I can tell you from experience, you should try to have him communicate what it is exactly he wants, if it something you cannot give him tell him that and simply ask him to leave, if he is not bad or negative he should leave no problem. If you are that uncomfortable with him near you anymore ask him to leave and if he continues to be this way demand it. I think he needs to hear it from you not your mom.

I myself can only hear people but I still tend to attract them myself it does get tedious after a while, I wish you all of the luck in the world that you find peace with or without this being. If you wish to rid of him sooner I do not know what your religion is but I am a practicing Wiccan, tonight is the "Super moon" This meaning it is a full moon and closer to the earth than usual, try burning sage as Steffi has graciously suggested, I would also place kosher salt mixed with brick dust at the entrance of your door and window sills permitted you do not open them because you will have a sneezing fit;)

But be safe and keep us updated, thank you for sharing your experience.

Blessed Be ❤
steffi_sees_them (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
Think of him as the boy in the back of the classroom that liked you but hid his feelings by annoying you. He may be acting like a "protector", and making sure that your boyfriends aren't trying to hurt you. Maybe the spirit has a few anger issues. If you ever feel completely threatened by him, keep a rosary with you and burn some sage in your rooms. If he's not a bad spirit, he may not leave. When he talks to you, tell him that he can trust the people that you bring into the house and that they are good and aren't trying to hurt you. If he is very friendly (its very rare that ghosts purposely show themselves to others), but see if you can bring your mom, or boyfriend over and have them talk to him whenever he comes around.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: