You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa's Ghostly Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa's Ghostly Visit

 

The first experience that I remember I was six. Now I tell this story from memory because I will never forget the look on his face when he saw me.

It was a school night and I had been sent to bed at eight as usual and quickly fell asleep. In the middle of the night about midnight because the whole house was asleep I woke up feeling like I had to pee and went into the bathroom but nothing happened. After a few minutes I gave up and went back to bed and fell back to sleep. Now this happened six to eight times that night and the last time I went I actually pee'd. (sorry but this is how it happened)

When I walked back into my room there was an old man sitting on my bed. 50's short light colored hair, stocky (Couldn't tell his height he was sitting and I was 6) But he seemed about 5'7". He smiled at me, he seemed so happy to see me.

The look on his face is burned into my memory because his was one of the few who ever seemed happy to see me. I'm kind of a black sheep of the family. He told me that he loved me and that he would always watch over me. Then in the blink of an eye he was gone. I was never afraid and I climbed back into bed and fell asleep until morning.

That morning at breakfast my mother told us that our grandfather (dad's dad) had passed the night before of a massive heart attack. Even though I had never met him our Dad wanted all of us to go with him to the funeral. My father's dad had always been good to our mother and she felt that we should go.

Two days later I saw the old man from my room again but this time he was laid out in his coffin. I told my Dad and he said that I was lying and to be quiet.

I know that no matter what I do have someone out there watching over me.

Other hauntings by tempestmoong

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tempestmoong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tempestmoong (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
taz890

Actually about 6 months after his passing my father had taken me to a friends house and they had a lot of horses.

I was sitting outside by myself and I thought that I heard thunder and looked up.

The sky was clear, I looked over where I heard the sound and all that horses had somehow gotten out.

I closed my eyes, for an instant I felt like I was flying when I opened my eyes I was sitting on the lowest branch of the only tree in the yard And I heard his voice just his voice tell me that he would always keep his promise.

After the horses had gone by my father and his friends came out and were looking for me they were suprised to find me in the tree.

The lowest branch was 20 feet off the ground dad had to get a long ladder to get me down.

The horses had gotten out because the latch ha broken. It was really old.

I still hear him from time to time when I have big decisions to make.

Nickie ❤ ❤
coleyjo11 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
I believe that the love you share with someone never dies and it carried on to the life he had after his. He must have loved youu so dearly to come to you. A great story. Thanks for sharing with us!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
great post tempestmoong thanks for sharing 😊
It is always nice to read posts with family members coming to say hi/goodby after passing and even leting you know they will always be around.
Have you seen him since? Or was it just that one time?
Taz
tempestmoong (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
Thank you Fergie. I'm glad that he came I know that he was always a good man and according to my mother he had tried to help her as much as he could but my grand mother was a bit of a witch and fought with him about it a lot.
Thank you for reading my story and I hope that you enjoyed it. There's more to come believe me. ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
Tempestmoong, First of all, welcome to YGS, we have seen your comments for a while. I am glad that you have finally decided to share your lovely experience with us. I am sorry that you never got to meet your Grand-father, but is good to hear that he will be there to watch over & guide you. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: