You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Gun Shop

Real Ghost Stories

The Gun Shop

 

I recently took a conceal to carry class at a local gun store. We were asked to arrive by 7:45 am and the class lasted all day long. The store is rather large and I have shopped there with my husband at least a half dozen times. He is a security professional and the store is only about 15 minutes from where we live.

Before that day I had only been in one half of the store - the retail side where guns are sold. I had not noticed that the other side of the store seemed to be a separate business at one time or other. It was on that side that the class took place and so did my experience. As I sat in the makeshift classroom, I noticed that the wall beside me had at one time been either a huge storefront window or a bay where trucks are cars could back in. As I looked at it, I could see that this "window" had been bricked up and painted a hideous aqua green. I don't know if this influenced what happened or not, but as strange as this sounds the bricked up wall made me uncomfortable.

We were encouraged to use the bathroom and get coffee before class started. There were two unisex bathrooms similar to those found in private residences - a commode, sink with vanity and mirror and a typical ceiling light. I used the bathroom on the right. I stood in front of the sink and turned on the tap but no water came out. I turned it off then on again - no water, but then strangely water began to trickle out of the tap. That lasted maybe 3 seconds before the water blasted out of the tap with so much force it splashed the sink top as well as my clothes. I dried my hands, shut the door and left.

At the two hour mark we took a break and I went into the same bathroom. I locked the door and lifted the commode lid. As I did so the overhead light flickered like someone was playing with the light switch. I thought it was strange but it didn't alarm me; however I made this trip very quick and left fast.

In front of the bathroom there was a tall bookcase against a wall. I had noticed it earlier in the morning. It was crammed with gun magazines, old reference books about weapons, packs of plastic cups, a few reams of copy paper - basically a "catch-all." We were dismissed for lunch so I picked up my purse and headed out of the classroom. As I stood up, I realized I hadn't zipped it so I continued to walk down the small passageway toward the bookcase. I had my head down holding my purse in one and zipping it with the other when I sensed something dark fly over my head! In a split second a huge old printer crashed maybe two feet in front of me and directly in front of the bathroom! It made a huge commotion and people came running to see what had happened. This printer didn't just fall off the bookcase - it flew with force as if invisible hands threw it in front of me. It struck the floor so hard broken pieces scattered everywhere.

The store employees wanted to know if I was hurt and I was happy to say that no I wasn't, but the scariest part of this was when the store employees told me they didn't know where the printer came from! None of them remembered the printer being on the bookcase and what was more alarming was that there was no empty place on any of the shelves where it would have sat. Where did it come from and why did it happen to me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Skitty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Robetar Stir of Echos is the movie you are thinking of. And I hope your comment is a joke. I hope you are being facetious.
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
A cash register that came from nowhere and was thrown at you. In my mind that's a clear warning that you are not wanted there
robertar (223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
here's an idea: maybe there is a body bricked up in the wall and some one was trying to get you to notice. I've recently read an article about a case where a boy was found like that. Another case was on a podcast show (anythingghost) where a contractor had a story like that, finding a decomposed body in a house wall.

If you can get away with it without seeming to crazy, you might have someone come in with a cadaver dog. Or check with the store people to learn if there is any other evidence of spirit activity.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Interesting... I have only one thought about the printer, and it is because you said that by looking at the shelves, you found it hard to see where it could have come from because there seemed to be no place it would have fit. I think that is your answer right there. There was no room for it, where ever it was set, and it came down from the vibrations of the doors opening and closing, people moving around, etc.
If there were no reports of a haunting before this occurred to you, it may just have been a freak accident. But, I wasn't there, so I can only guess. You are the final judge on that

Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
I agree with Rook. The bathroom incidents are easily explained by the vagaries of old plumbing and electrical wiring. However, the printer thing is harder to understand as there seem to have been so many witnesses who confirm they could not figure out where it came from. Weird. I'm guessing nobody was looking at you or in your direction before the crash. Are there any security cameras in the store that might have caught something? Also, have others who work at or frequent the store had strange experiences?
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Could it be that you were feeling a little uneasy and perhaps a poltergeist had picked up on this energy. If there was a few people in the class then a poltergeist would have had a good opportunity to "feed" off this energy to pick up a large object like the printer as to where it came from...I'm stumped? 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
galvon - we'll have to have feedback from the o/p before we get any further into this except more guesses on my part.

But, the flying printer did get her attention, didn't it? Maybe, if the water and the electric weren't "normal" malfunctions and were actually a spirit trying to make contact, and she ignored those occurrences, the printer was a "last resort" for the spirit.

Just a thought.
galvon (142 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
[at] miracles and rooky.

Why would a ghost warn her with a printer nearly hitting her on the head possible with injuries as end result and concusion.

If a ghost was to realy warn someone, why would they endanger them first?

And yes, have more woman followed the class and had the same story too tell? Or was the ghost only focused on you, if it was only focused on you, I suggest digging deeper into the past of your husbands family or your own about the guns, if any of your family have ever been there before.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Skitty - were you the only woman taking the class? I've read your story a couple of times and have a couple of different thoughts, but that's the first question that came to mind.

I do, however, think Rook has a valid point. The flying printer could have been a warning. I'm just really perplexed about the printer, though.
pringles (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
thanks for sharing I found your story interesting and creepy xx
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Lets address the 'easy' ones first...

The color of the wall... Colors have been proven to influence a persons mood... It very well could have been painted a color that made you feel 'uneasy'.

The water... How often is that bathroom used / how is the water pressure? I ask because if the water pressure is weak and / or the bathroom is not used very often air may have gotten into the water line...

The light flickering... Could the light have been loose in it's socket? If it was perhaps a vibration from somewhere caused it to shake and loose contact which allowed it to turn on and off.

Now the hard one...

The Flying, Crashing Printer...

I've got nothing... If the employees verified it didn't just fall off the shelf in front of you... And they had no idea where it had come from then this one event 'stands out'...Did you complete the class that day? Was there a 'live fire' to complete the qualification? All I can think of was it was a warning for you to be extremely careful...

Thank you for sharing this with us and I hope you are doing well.

Respectfully,

Rook
feastlikelions (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
Whoa, creepy. My carry and a cancealed class wasn't anything like that. As a matter of fact, I remember it being pretty basic. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: