You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Unexpected Things Are Always Welcome

Real Ghost Stories

Unexpected Things Are Always Welcome

 

'Unexpected things are always welcome' this was my best friend Oshi's quote about life. She was 13 years old when I lost her in Tsunami. We were four best friends... Oshi (13), Harsha (13), Trish (12) and me (11).

Oshi was very fond of perfumes and she use to wear my rose perfume everyday.

Harsha was fond of foods like cup cakes, biscuits, fruit cakes etc and his most favourite place was the bakery near my house. We always see him there and he would smell as sweet as the fruit cake whenever we four met in my or my aunt's place. Elders would joke around saying Harsha soon would turn a baker as he always spent his time there waiting for fresh cakes to be taken first. Those days were lovely.

So on Dec 26 2004 me and dad were shopping as I had a party in one of my friend's home. Oshi, Trish and Harsha told they would join us so they were on the way. Excited, me and dad were waiting outside and I was filled with joy when I saw them coming.

Suddenly, people were rushing and there within seconds I was seeing water chasing the people. I had no idea what was going on. Dad and I ran to the corner and there he helped me to climb on a tree. He was down saving the people who were stuck.

I saw Harsha helping Oshi to climb on a branch of a big tree but couldn't, Harsha lost his control and he drowned along the rushing water. Helpless Oshi was hanging there, I was in terror I gained the concious that people were dying and my friends too.

A lady who was trying to save her own life while flowing she caught Oshi's leg as there was no control in both Oshi and the lady her hand slipped and there Oshi was taken along the lady with the rushing water. I closed my eyes didn't want to see anymore of it.

After everything calmed down me and dad reached home at night maybe it was 2 or 3 am already, we couldn't find our way just lost and taking wrong turns all we faced was the crying people or stepping on a dead body, everything was horrible. Dad was worried about mom and the families and me wondering all the way what happened to Trish.

Thank God mine and Trish's family were unhurt and yeah Trish was there lying down saved by his cousin brother. Days passed calling other relatives and friends to find out who is there and who is not. Harsha's and Oshi's family were no more except Oshi's little brother who is 12 now (adopted by my parents), he was at my place when Tsunami broke into town.

Days passed and I was like walking dead. Missing Oshi and Harsha, it was Jan 1st and we didn't celebrate. I was lying on the floor staring at my pink lace socks reminding me about her, it was her favourite colour and she use to wear it when she visits me.

Later when I closed my eyes, I felt somebody was watching me standing near the door. I thought it was mom but there was nothing. As I didn't know anything about paranormal stuffs so seeing nothing didn't bother me. Few minutes later I could smell my rose perfume I sat there thinking this fragrance is hurting me who could have used that. I got up to check my drawer but wait how could it be? I gave her the perfume long ago and now I am smelling it.

I cried hugging my pillow thinking it was Oshi in my arms, I still didn't knew that it was paranormal thing going on but I was deeply hurt and disturbed because of the fragrance was reminding me about her so much.

Trish visited me at night with his family, he came to my room very much sad than me. He told me he saw Harsha sitting on his bed staring at the window and faded away. I cried and told what I experienced, he told me that his grandmother use to tell him about loved ones do visit us and that's what happened.

Few moments later I simply felt the joy that I use to feel when all we four friends are together. Again I could smell the perfume and separately the smell of fruit cake. I was silent and next to me Trish's eyes filled with tears, 'they came to see us' was his reply when I patted his head, he saw them but I only could smell. The atmosphere was changed, it was sad but mixed wit joy. Trish's grandmother came to us crying and told us that she was happy to see four of us together again. We cried hugging her and I was hurt that I couldn't see them.

Years passed Trish (now my boyfriend) never left me alone and I feel our friends presence most of the time, when I am asleep I could smell the rose perfume.

We told our parents about our experiences and they told that they know and my mom thinks she saw Oshi entering my room one night.

Whenever I feel that I am filled with joy now, I think that its a sign that they are alright and will be here with us forever and not to be sad. She was right 'Unexpected things are welcome'

I have lot of experiences to share, if the readers are interested I'll update it soon.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by SnoWQueeN

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SnoWQueeN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-20)
Oh my god snow queen, you made me cry like a baby! I can't even imagine how sad it must have been watching your best friends float away like that. I am extremely sorry for your loss. Really am... But I think it's beautiful that they come to visit you regularly, and that your family adopted her little brother so... It's lovely that you can smell and your boyfriend can see them! Beautiful account... Thank you so much for sharing:)
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
That was a sad yet beautiful story. May they rest in peace. My uncle was lost in a plane accident. Every year on his birthday (Jan, 1st), his family would smell his perfume all over the house. I can understand their grief, very sad until the point they stopped celebrating new year after his death. Deceased people visiting us and informing us they were alright can give you some peace at heart.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
and you are absolutely right about them not being dead. I like to think of it as different levels. Once we are done with this life's lessons, we too will join them in the next chapter 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
what a beautiful story, brought tears to my eyes. I believe your friends will always be there for you and trish. God bless you and them. This is added to my favourites ❤
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Not that they weren't happy before but they are not in any sort of pain is what I meant in my last comment
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
I believe that them coming to you is a way of telling you that they are okay and they are happy now. Do not let them frighten you ever because that is not their intention. They may sometimes appear to you in some way shape or form to show you that they are there with you and watching over you and protecting you. ❤
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-10)
I know this story has been posted a long time ago. I just came across it just now. I got goosebumps. I am just vulnerable when it comes to friends and families. I have lots of bestfriends too. I just lost one few years back and I was really hurt until now I am thinkiing about him.

I almost cried when reading this, it is very painful. At least you get to know they are still there around or should I say still visits you from time to time, though you can't see them.

With regards to the Tsunami it must have been so bad. We just recently had a tyhphoon here in the Philippines and a lot of people died, like thousands. I think that place has been wiped out. I am lucky I live in the city and we were not affected. It happened in the province of Visayas. I am thinking that, Tacloban "that is the exact place" might be a ghost town now. You must have heard or saw it in the news. I can't stand to watch the news, it was really depressing and devastating. Most of the companies here in the country helped and donated goods, clothes and even money to the victims. I am thankful the whole world helped the victims. Thanks everyone for helping the filipinos.:)
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Oh this story made me cry. Yes Tsunami was horrible and at that time I was in India and my in laws were from tsunami hit area Cuddallore but luckily nothing happened to them as they stayed in bit higher altitude. The Tsunami hit only the coastal area didn't come much into the city and it was horrible to hear all those stories and watch and read news of it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I agree with zzsgranny about giving a "grab a tissue" warning. I read this story while I was at work and I started crying. I'm truly sorry for your loss. I lost some family in the tsunami in Sri Lanka and their bodies were never found either.

I also know how long it took for the rebuilding to happen. A group friends and I took the trip though Red Cross to help with the tsunami relief a couple of months after the tsunami hit and it wasn't a pretty sight to see. The Geetha that went to Sri Lanka is not the same Geetha that came out.

I would also like to thank you for posting this story. The reason is because there was something that happened to me in Sri Lanka while volunteering. What happen, put me in a depressive mood that I suppress those feelings in an attempt to forget it. Now I know it was wrong and I will be posting it soon.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
thenpea5 thanks and yeah they aren't dead for me. I sometimes feel them around me but I am hesitant to update it😊
I am looking forward for your account. God Bless You...

~Nikky❤
thenpea5 (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
i feel super sorry I know how you feel. I lost some friends and I am going to write about it the title is abigal. God bless you ❤ ❤
thenpea5 (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
i am so sorry I hope you will chat with them even though they are gone... Remember they're died but not gone. God bless them all who have fallen and the families. And god bless you 😭 😭 😭
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-29)
Hey LaFlux! Thanks for your comment and I am really sorry for not accepting your offer😊and thanks for the offer. As I know that I am not only the one who experienced paranormal here in Southern Province there are tons of experiences of the people.

You are a ghost writer so its a good run for your pen if you visit to Southern Province. Take care... And it's *SnowQueen*😜

~Nikky❤
LaFlux (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Hi Snow white,
Im sorry to hear about this incident. As a fellow sri lankan and a passive witness to the disaster I understand your pain. I'm a ghost writer from sri lanka and would love to interview you. Would you be willing to give me an interview regarding your experience with the spirit?
If unable to I understand =)
Regards
LaFlux
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Thanks for your warm comments everyone 😊❤

H2olily
No we didn't infact most of the people didn't, people dug a big hole and they simply burried the dead bodies. So my friends bodies must have burried like that somewhere we don't know.

~Nikky
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
I'm sorry about what happened to your friends. So neither one was ever found?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
wow. I know you get this alot... And your going to get it again. I am very sorry.
I hardly cry while reading stories (the most I ever cried from a story was the last Harry Potter Book) but this story got me. I'm not really crying but they are there. The way you wrote that story I felt that I was there (I know it's not the same) and I was watching that happen. I loved that your friends came back to see you. I love it! 😭 😊
GIRLIE ❤
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Hi Nikky

Im truly sorry for the loss of your friends, I can't imagine experiencing anything like you did 😢

I too have experienced paranormal scents and I think this is a very personal way for our loved ones to show us that they are still around. I look forward to reading any more stories that you may have

P.S Also, thankyou for your kind comments on my stories ❤😊
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Thank you clever210!

Taz,
Its comforting but still hurts. Only thing is left is to feel the presence and smell. Bitter truth our heart knows that we cannot touch them like before, holding hands, feeding eachother and all, everything vanished.

Its a big strength for me that parents believes us rather than hearing 'its your imagination'

~Nikky
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
what an awful experience, I am so sorry for your loss.
It must be comforting for you to know yor friends are still with you, and that your family believe you when you tell then they are still visiting you.
Thank you for sharing such a touching post
Taz
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
This was a very moving account. I am so sorry for the losses that you have experienced.

Thank you for sharing.

~clever
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Adsouza,
Sorry for your loss and may they rest in peace. I have posted another one its so painful to recall everything and put into words its like I am seeing them dying again and again. God bless them all.

Fergie,
Yes my parents are kind hearted and helped lot of people I am proud to be their daughter. Sorry for your loss I understand how you have been through and the helpless souls watching their mother dying. What about the other two children? God bless them all.

~Nikky
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
SnoWQueeN, You have given me goosbumps, just thinking what you have been through. 😨 I am so sorry for your loss. I too, watched in horror, as the devistation unfolded on tv. I can't for one moment imagine what it would be like to witness that in real life.
I am glad that you still get a whiff of that rose perfume, to remind you of your lost friend.
Rose perfume also reminds me or a friend that I lost, due to drowning. She drowned in the sea, while trying to save 2 children caught in a rip tide. Her own 2 children watched helplessly, from the shore.
Bless your family, for taking in an orphan, they are good people.
Thank you for sharing this traumatic, but sweet, account with us.
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Snowqueen,
I remember that day very clearly. We were in Chennai for some company business and left a few hours before this whole thing started. I remember switching channels on the way to Mumbai and learning that the tsunami had struck. I lost a few friends during this time, so I understand your loss very well.

And yes, going forward, please place the 'tissue warning' right at the start.

I'm just glad that everyone has learned to get back on their feet.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Jav,
I am happy with what I have got the way I come to know when my loving friends are around me and I am happy when people admires our friendship even after their death.

Goodness... It hurts a lot.

~Nikky
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Nikky,
Sweet Jesus... My eyes are raining tears right now. This just reaches into your soul and grabs you full force. I am so sorry for all those who lost their lives, and survivors who lost entire families, I don't even know what to say.
I cannot get the images of what you saw and the horror you lived through then, out of my mind. Nor can I even imagine how hard that is for you.
The saving grace in all of this, your family adopting Oshi's little brother, that just warms my heart. You have a wonderful family.
Then being blessed in knowing that your friends are able to visit you. Being aware of their presence, simply by smell, is a very special gift. Don't ever feel it is any less than being able to see them. The gift you have was given to you for a reason, that is what I believe. We are given what is, or will be, important for whatever destiny holds in store for each of us. There must be something very special about you and Trish. You have been given these gifts, and your friends are able to let their presence be known to you all. That is very special, and rare. What a treasure you have!
Thank you Nikky. ❤

Jav ❤
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Yes granny (can't stop crying) he is the one who sees the most and almost every night he woke up running downstairs screaming 'don't go I want to home' I will post soon about his and as well as others experiences too.

Roseinbloom,
It was horrible to watch people crying their heart out. Painful all I can say.

~Nikky
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Dido granny, we here in the U.S., did feel all that pain and horror when the Tsunami was doing it's worst.
I can't help having the feeling that, we humans are truly connected spritually and that it shows most when events such as these put out so much energy. I for one, felt actual pysical pain as I watched the television and witnessed the devestating torment as it occured.
Your account proves that love triumpts over all. May God continue to bless you all. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
SnoWQueen: Wow, where's that "grab a tissue" warning when we need it?...This is so touching...I'm so sorry for your loss, even from half way across the world, we felt your pain during that horrible time... What a wonderful thing for your parents to do in adopting your friend's brother ❤...Unfortunately, that scenario was probably very common at the time...

Does Oshi's little brother have any experiences?...I have a theory that perhaps they feel connected to you because of him, as well as your friendship...

Treasure their visits... Thank you for posting 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: