You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dollar Shop Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Dollar Shop Ghost

 

I work at a dollar store just down the street from me. It's been there for over 10 years and it has been an ok first job.

I get stuck with night shifts a lot, but in these instances it's been alright since most of the weird things that do happen are at that time. My coworker who was with me on these occasions also believes there is something lurking around in the store after closing hours as well.

We've both seen shadows darting down aisles on the other side of the building. I would search around to make sure no one had hidden themselves in the store and no one had. There's been random voices that will make my coworker stop mid sentence to look around because she swore she heard it. We have a radio in the back room but it's never turned up loud and the doors are always shut plus we're at the front of the store when we hear these voices so I don't believe it's that. Footsteps that sound like they're right behind us but when we turn around nothing is there.

Night 1: It was after closing and I'm moping the floors on one side of the store. I look up down the aisle directly in front of me and something catches in my peripheral. I look to my left and see a shadow probably 5'8 to 6 feet tall run by on the opposite side of the store. After it disappears behind an end-cap, a sack of plastic cups falls from the same shelf like it was knocked over by someone's hand. I go over to pick them up and look around, no one is there. I look to the shelf to try and find a reasonable explanation as to why it fell off like it did and I was instantly warded out. All the bags of cups were still neatly set in place not thrown around haphazardly like I was expecting. The shelf was nice and level so they wouldn't just slide out. And they were heavy enough to not get blown over. I had seen them before I started moping so none were on the edge. Something pushed it...

Night 2: Once again I was moping after closing and I'm standing in front of the doors to the restrooms. Both doors are open. One staying open by itself and the other propped open by a wet floor sign. The back storage rooms double doors are both already shut and the office door at the front of the store is open because my coworker is in there doing her nightly management duties. So I'm walking down an aisle when I hear plain as day the sound of a door slamming closed. I instantly put the mop down and go check the restroom doors, both are still open like I had them. I check the storage doors both are still shut. At first I thought maybe my coworker had walked back there to put something up but I go look towards the office room and she's still sitting at the desk. From the time I heard the sound to looking at the office would not have given her enough time to go there and back, so it wasn't her. And we are the only two people there at night. Needless to say I finished moping in record time and got back up to the front. It's dark in the back because some of the lights shut off automatically after a certain time. Makes it even more spooky being alone.

There's been more instances like this with objects falling for no valid reason. Half the time when these things happen it's been after one of us has joked about there being a ghost. Maybe there is. And if it isn't one then what could it be?

Other hauntings by DarkSoul94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkSoul94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-08)
Nothing necessarily has to have happened IN that building for a haunting to occur. Whereas the building has only been there for a decade, the ground beneath it has always been and the potential for occurrences upon it is pretty decent. You could try having a look in old newspapers for leads but there is no guarantee that whatever occurred to cause the haunting was written up. On the other hand, an employee could've fooled around with a Ouija board and saddled the place with an attachment. It could be a wandering spirit. It could also be an elemental or shadow person (not to say those two are the same). Untill you have more information, there are a lot of options:-)

Right now, best thing you can do is keep a journal and record every occurrence no matter how small and the circumstances that surrounded it. If you feel like it, next time there is an occurrence perhaps ask it a few questions - maybe you will start getting answers. Keep us posted 😁
DarkSoul94 (3 stories) (4 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
lady-glow: No I just joined and that's my first story I've posted here. Unless it was a coincidence lol I haven't read too many stories here yet.

Perhaps, it couldn't hurt. I just don't know what it could be that's doing it. Nothing major has ever happened there that I can remember that could be the reason for a haunting.

Lilwolf: Yeah another girl who left a few months back kept saying the same thing that there was a ghost in the store. And that's she saw weird stuff all the time as well.

No one has died... That I know of. The store is over 10 years old but most of the people who started there when it opened still work there. Only the younger ones who started and left within a few months are the ones I don't know about.

RSAChick: Couldn't hurt.

Lol No it's not... Thanks for pointing it out though. I'm so embarrassed I usually proofread a dozen times before I post anything. I looked over the preview more than that. I'll try to fix them all if I can since I saw a few other mistakes... It'll drive me crazy with my OCD and all lol Glad I could give a giggle, I enjoy making people laugh. Can't believe I missed that though *facepalm*
RSAChick (115 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-31)
Cleansing,shielding,and even asking should work.
Hope this doesn't sound cruel: I know you mean mopping (as in cleaning the floor with a mop), but when I read your story I pronounce it as you spell it, moping (definition: wander about listlessly and aimlessly because of unhappiness or boredom) and I giggle a bit at this image of an emo teenager moping around this store after hours, with these shadows and falling things all around... And then, moping in record time, lol
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-31)
That would definitely be creepy, I agree with lady-glow just ask them to stop. Do You know if any other workers have saw or heard it besides the one You were with that night?

Maybe its someone that use to work there or that was a regular that died? Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing

Lilwolf
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-30)
Mods - sorry, I guess I'm mistaken.

DarkSoul - that's creepy. Perhaps next time this happens, you could ask in a polite but firm way to stop giving you extra work.
Have you consider to bless or cleanse the store?

Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-30)
MODERATORS: I'm pretty sure that this story has been published before.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: