You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dollar Shop Ghost Pt. 2

Real Ghost Stories

Dollar Shop Ghost Pt. 2

 

It's been awhile since the first part of this story and to start off I can say that I'm still working at the same store although occurrences have slowed down quite considerably during the last few years.

A lot of stuff has happened since the first part. A lot of employees have come and gone and more recently a lady who I loved working with there and who had been there since the store opened sadly passed away.

Among the new faces we've gotten is one older woman who is as sweet as can be. Unfortunately whatever has been in the store has not left just merely gone silent and it has chosen to now make itself known to her.

When the lady who I will name Ms. K, first began working I let her know that the store had a ghost, she kind of laughed but enjoyed me telling her the stories of happenings over the last three years.

I've been promoted to mod since the first part so whenever I work with Ms. K she has my old job and does the cleaning at night while I work on the nightly closing duties.

It didn't take her long to figure out something or someone is in the store after hours with us. She's heard voices, the sound of items falling off the shelf and yet when we walk the isles nothing is ever on the floor.

Up at the registers we have our impulse candy and item rack. It has stuff on each side and for a time Ms. K had a cast on her foot so she had to sit often. One night as she was in a chair on one side of the impulse rack she yelled out as I was walking back up to the front of the store to her. When I got up I asked her what was wrong and she just looked at me with wide eyes and said "I swear to you I just heard something fall right behind me."

So I looked on the other side of the rack, expecting something to be on the floor, but there was nothing. And I checked both sides thinking maybe she'd accidentally knocked something off with the chair but no. There was absolutely nothing on the floor and she is not the type of person to make something up.

She said it gave her instant chills and I believe her. 100%. She's heard stuff other times before and it's gotten to the point where she comes back up to the front saying she doesn't want to go back there again.

I myself have had a few odd things happen within the last couple of months. The lady who passed away who I will call Ms. R, was amazing to work with and I miss her a lot. I could tell you at times that, since her death, while in the store I hear someone talking when no one is near and it sounds so much like her. But that's hard to say if it is her or just my memory of her voice messing with my head. She'd worked at that store for 10+ years of her life though so I wouldn't be surprised if it was her. It makes me feel less sad in a way.

One last odd encounter that's happened recently was late one night, since we've been having some issues with our stores and robberies lately we have to hide some stuff in the store every night. I have a spot already selected that I use all the time but I don't pull anything out until I'm ready to go. About 10 minutes before closing there had been no one in the store aside from myself and my coworker for the night. I walked by where I hide the stuff and it was all neat and still in place. 10 minutes later and we close like normal, my coworker goes to start cleaning in the back and I do my closing duties. I can see the spot where I hide the stuff from where I'm at in the office and everything is still neat.

I don't shut the door but I'm not paying attention to the spot and so I didn't see what actually happened but when I was finished in the office I walked out ready to hide the stuff away only to stop in my tracks because right where I'm about to put the stuff up everything that I would have had to pull out is already out and laid on the floor like I do it every night. I didn't do it, and when I asked my coworker about it she swore she didn't do it either. She had no reason to. I honestly don't know what to say about it other than whoever or whatever did it helped I suppose, but I'll leave it up to the reader to decide.

Other hauntings by DarkSoul94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkSoul94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-10-20)
Hi DarkSoul,

Have you ever checked the store cameras? It sounds like Ms R is just trying to help. You should try talking to her and telling her that she needs to move on. Hopefully Ms K gets used to the activity and doesn't run off scared.

Thanks for sharing ❤
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-10-17)
I've got a friend who lives a few streets from another haunted Dollar shop in Texas. The manager and workers have felt touches on their head, shoulder, back or arm. They would hear children playing with the toys in the storeroom, but when they went to investigate, no one was there. The security cameras and motion sensors in the office at the back would go red when activated, then green, red and green. Like something was there and gone again. I've seen the video clip from the security camera where some boxes fell from the shelves to the middle of the floor. There was no one near it and they looked as if they were properly stacked.

Sometime last year, my friend offered to cleanse the place for them. He walked into the storeroom and introduced them to his spirit guardian, whom he has always felt with him. Then he left the room, but he had the impression his spirit guardian simply said to all the ghosts: "You do realise that you're all DEAD?" And she moved them all along. When he went back to the store a few days later, the manager told him that all noises and activity had stopped.

There could be some interesting footage from your security cameras. It doesn't sound as if the spirits in your shop mean any harm. They could just be seeking attention or some acknowledgement of their presence. Perhaps they just need to be told they can move on to the next plane of existence.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-16)
It sounds like a helpful spirit. Are there any CCTV cameras in the store? If so, are you aware if any activity has been captured in camera?

Just imagine if one night the store got broken into and the ghost scared the bejesus out of the rober!

Anyway, I like visiting dollar stores because I always end buying something interesting even if I don't need it... I guess someone else really enjoys staying there.

Thanks for sharing.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-14)
Hi DarkSoul,

Maybe it's Ms R who pulled the stuff out in preparation. Sorta letting you know she drops by sometimes.
When you hear something dropping does it sound like the same kind of object or are they different sounds?

I enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: