You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Paranormal Experiences Of My Family

Real Ghost Stories

The Paranormal Experiences Of My Family

 

My parents often told me of paranormal stories that have happened to my family. Some are strange, some are scary and some are heart warming. The first story is a tale about my Great Grandmother and her long deceased husband.

My great grandmother's name was Martha and she married when she was very young. Her husband was 20 years older than her and they were married for a long time but eventually her husband died. Martha was heartbroken. Long after he died my grandmother (who was very young at the time) began hearing loud thumps outside at night. This scared her but Martha often comforted her. Martha herself was not scared of these sounds but glad. I believe it was her husband but that's not all that happened.

Time passed and the noises stopped. Martha had a big tree in her back garden where her husband would often sit under on a wooden stool. One morning, Martha told my grandmother that she saw her husband sitting on the stool the previous day. I believe that it was her husband.

Another story is of my granddad's father. His name was Joseph and he was a cooper and a mechanic. One night he was walking home from the pub with his freind, and he had to move off the path to let a passer by walk past him. He told his freind to do the same but his freinds reply was there was no-one on the path. Joseph looked and saw he was right. Another time Joseph was working on a car. He took it out for a test drive but the car cut out. A few minutes later the bridge he was due to drive on collapsed. If the car did not cut out, he may have driven over it when it collapsed.

These are a few of many stories. I believe in ghosts but when it comes to these stories I have an open mind and if any one has an explanation I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

C-man!

Other hauntings by c-man

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, c-man, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

c-man (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
thanks everyone for your comments I agree with lexi blue but who knows? 😕 😕
LexiBlue (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Well its good that you didn't get hurt. And sorry if I seem creeper watching over the comments but this is an interesting topic for me. One I think I always have an answer for. But most of the time I've realized that its when people get saved when they have loved ones watching over them. This one girl had her mother watching over her. She almost got onto a buss that got into an accident. She got a text saying don't go. It delayed her long enough for the buss to leave. By the time she got to school the buss had crashed and in the spot she had been assigned to set was crushed. She could have died that day...
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Hi c-man

I agree with Miracles that everything happens for a reason. Not long ago I misplaced my car keys and it took me a few minutes to find them (in a very radom place). I left and a few minutes down the road two cars collided within a meter behind me resulting in a serious accident. Perhaps it was a coincidence I couldn't find my keys that morning but I couldn't help but think someone was watching over me. 😊
LexiBlue (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Maybe Joseph did have a angel watching over him. Think about it if he had went on the bridge it would have fallen and he would have went with it. Things do happen for a reason. And I think that is a fact. Some might think other wise. But what it comes down to people choose their own paths, and on those paths are things that are sent to happen and they will always make you choose a side and you'll go down different roads. And Joseph being stopped saved him and made a new road. It didn't lead him to one with a ending. So yes I do agree with all the others that have also commented on this. Thank you for the story.

❤ LexiBlue 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
c-man - I believe everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we may never know that reason, but in this case, I agree with you. Maybe the bridge would have collapsed with Joseph on it. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.
Rocker0897 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Well it's not uncommon for spirits to come back to one of there favorite places to visit and as for Joseph it's very possible that his guardian angel rescued him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: