You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Incubus?

Real Ghost Stories

Incubus?

 

When I was married to my first husband I was living at his family's home and they claimed that there was some demon that would hold them down when they were sleeping. They said it was like someone was holding them down so firmly that they couldn't move like they were paralyzed. This happened to more than one member of the family. At first I didn't believe them. Until it happened to me.

After we divorced I moved back to my own family's home and I think it has attached itself to me. I started having the same kinds of things occurring to me when I was sleeping. At first I thought I was having nightmares until I realized I am not asleep, I was wide awake. It most often happens just as I am falling asleep, right when I start to feel myself drifting off. It's happened several times.

Some of the times it felt like I was being held down by the shoulders and was not able to move at all. Like there was something heavy on top of me, I feel the need to scream but have only screamed out once. Another time I felt like a hand over my mouth.

There was one time that I felt like I might have been dreaming but there was a swirling energy in my room that was palpable. Just last night I felt like someone was biting on the back of my neck and that spot on my neck felt hot. I mean really really warm and I could feel it like a bite. I thought I was imagining all of this until I started researching and found other similar stories.

I need to find out how to smudge my room with sage or oils. How do I make this thing leave me alone? Any help out there? Sometimes I just lay there and say in my head "Jesus help me" over and over again. I know I'm not crazy and this is very real.

Please don't give me medical advice. There isn't anything wrong with me. This is a spiritual issue.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kungfusally, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LomiLove (3 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-28)
Hi Kungfusally,

Are you still having problems? I have dealt with 2 (Succubus/incubus) similar experiences in my life successfully (so far) and helped earth bound spirits to pass over (which is a lot easier). This is why for a short while I am offering help to others in need. Having had a healthy interest in Shamanica and the old ways of European spirituality for 25 years and being sensitive and open, I probably drew these things to me. For me it has been a difficult struggle and really having to look at my internal make up and history. The mind is a powerful thing as you know. Banishing it or helping it return to the light, then Switching your mind off it is one solution, as the switch off in itself is a good protection and this is not always easy. First it may be worth finding out why it is attached/attracted to you. Ask and listen, sounds strange? Well you can get a lot of insight and a foot hold by doing this. In the mean time: methods of disconnection and to strengthen boundary and grounding (which if you are studying Kung Fu this can very much help or tai chi etc). If you need more clarity on my babble or help. You can contact me: HunaAloha7atGmail.com (in England contact me, in USA contact Star Hawk to get people she recommends)
PastorBlair (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Dear kungfualley, you are "not" crazy! There are however some spiritual doors open in your life that needs to be closed first! This will not be an easy quick fix for this. If you are serious about getting rid of this demonic manifestation contact me at lowryblair at yahoo dot com. I'm a licensed Ordained Deliverance Minister. I have years of experience with demons!
skystorm13 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
Like the others I think its sleep paralysis. But a ghost could be causing it.
Kimmie_Ann (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Kungfusally (❤ your name by the way!)

This sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. I get it occasionally myself. Sleep paralysis can be brought on by triggers such as stress or your routine. For example, I would always get sleep paralysis when I'd listen to music before bed. Try to think about your routine and play with it a bit and tweek it so this doesn't happen to you. Sleep paralysis is terrifying. If you would like further help with this, just let me know and I'll give you my email! 😁

Much luck and ❤ to you!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
This really doesn't sound like a incubus, more like sleep paralysis, like clever said. Try and read some of the incubus or sleep paralysis stories and see which ones better fit your story.
GIRLIE ❤
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I know you said it is not a mental issue, but out of curiosity are you suffering depression from your divorce or being alone? Whenever we have depression or some other reason to feel upset, this opens the door for further interaction with a spirit attracted to that kind of energy. One of the best ways to combat these spirits/energies is to take control of your life and strive for happiness. You have to take the energy away from it that it is thriving on. They are usually bored after awhile and go elsewhere. If you make a honest effort to do that and you still have issues, then it is time to seek help by your clergyman or other spiritual leader. It is always more effective and lasting when the "victim" is the one who takes their life back.
smiley101 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Well I don't think this is an incubus yet, but if you want to get rid of it just keep on praying, attend church and have the house blessed. Have a bible in your house and see if that works. I know it souds like a lot but if you really want this thing out, try everything you can.
Rocker0897 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Well I don't know anything about smudging but you could try and contact your Ex's family see if the attacks have stopped and that might help you discover more info.

Hope it helped 😊
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I think this sounds an awful lot like sleep paralysis. But that is just my opinion.

~clever210

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: