You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Guardian?

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian?

 

When I was little, my mom and I used to always go on walks with each other. Almost every night we would go out and walk around the streets and talk and be silly. One night after our walk, my mom asked me to get her phone from her room. I was hesitant, being young and terrified of the dark, but agreed and went to get it for her in her room. As I feared, the room was pitch black and the closet door was wide open. When I walked in, I didn't think about turning on the lights since the back hall light was on, so I quickly walked in to the room and headed over to the bathroom where her phone was, that was shut behind a pair of white doors.

I remember feeling antsy when I peeked through the doors. I couldn't explain it. When I put my hands on the door handles, I heard the wet, clear sounds of footsteps on cold tile and felt my heart leap in my throat. I don't know what I was thinking, but I remember throwing the doors open and yelling something akin to a war cry (I mean, come on, I was seven!) and falling back when I saw something walking towards the bathroom next to the shower. It wasn't black in color but sort of dark technicolors, like purples and greens. It was tall and had a normal sized build and appeared to be solid. The oddest thing was that when I was looking at it, I wasn't scared. If anything, I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. A ghost heading towards the bathroom? What, did it have to pee?

After it was didn't leave, I remember running to my mom, wanting her to see it. I remember screaming, "Mommy! Mommy! Come here, come here!" She followed me and when I dragged her back to her bathroom, she saw it. She didn't seem scared either. I remember her leaning down and hugging me saying, "It's our guardian angel."

Now, whenever I bring it up, my mom tries to dodge the subject. I'm 16 now and it is still fresh in my mind.

That's not all. Recently, when I was making my food I was singing and being silly and dancing along to that childish "Peanut, peanut butter... And jelly" song and when I finished the first verse, I heard what sounded like a man hum "mmmm" like it sounded good to eat. I paused for a second, mid-dance, before laughing and eating my sandwich.

Awhile back, when sleeping, I woke up for some odd reason. I remember lying in bed, my head under the pillow trying to get back to sleep, when all of a sudden I heard footsteps walking up the stairs. I didn't hear the bottom steps though. My stairs branch off like a square and not to hear the bottom steps is odd because in my room you hear everything that goes on beneath you. So, after hearing the top steps creak I stiffened and felt like crying, thinking something was going to get me. As you can tell, I'm extremely paranoid. As the steps stopped, my heart stopped. I remember just lying there, frozen, when suddenly a warm feeling washed over me. My shoulders felt light and my room wasn't cold anymore. I felt at peace.

So, if anyone could offer me some advice, that would be great. I'm curious as to what it could be.

Other hauntings by Blueberry

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blueberry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lucivar (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
I know the song of which you speak, my nephew used to watch sesame street. And whenever I made him lunch he would drive me crazy singing that song (he always had pb&j for lunch)
Blueberry (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Thank you everyone for your feedback c: Not that it really matter but it wasn't the peanut butter jelly time song. It was this old Sesame Street or Barney and Friends song from when I was very little.

But yeah, thank you, it makes me feel much better to know that the entity feels comfortable and happy around me. Maybe I should do something nice for it? I'm not sure.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Blueberry: I agree with you, if your gut feeling was one of easiness around this figure then I believe it didn't mean to frighten or harm you in anyway. Interesting about the "mmmm" you heard, whatever is residing with you does seem comfortable and happy being around you, it very well may be your guardian. I am sure it was having a giggle to itself watching you laugh and dance to "Peanut butter jelly time" lol. 😁
Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Explosion123 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
What Blackstone said.
It was probably just a spirit, but who knows?
(Oh and also, its "Peanut butter jelly time".)
Blackstone (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Maybe it was a protective spirit or something. Probably an good and honest man that lived in your house who died. Probably had a family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: