You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Active Enlisted Club

Real Ghost Stories

An Active Enlisted Club

 

I've had a few experiences with ghosts that prepared me to work at the old enlisted club building. Otherwise, I'd probably have quit working there years ago. I probably wouldn't know how to handle all of this at one time.

September 2006: We had a promotion party in our ballroom. About 9pm, the bartender left going back to get the club's van. I looked over what was left from the party and saw some nacho's. The fires had burned out that were under the serving trays, so I stuck my plate into the microwave. I heated it up and headed back to my computer room to eat them. As I reached the entrance to the game room, I felt something pull down on the plate and as I re-adjusted my grip, it let go and I had nacho cheese all over my shirt.

November 2006: We just returned to work from a week off for Thanksgiving. The bartender came and asked me if I'd been in her storage closet. I informed her that I didn't have a key and couldn't get into it. She told me all of the Christmas decorations had been thrown on the floor. I looked the scene over and noticed the nails that held the wreaths was about 9 inches and were at 45 degree angles. There was one wreath per nail. To move the wreath, you'd have to clear 4 inches of nail. I can't prove this was paranormal related but there was only 1 key and if she didn't do it, I'm not sure who would have had the opportunity. The key is locked up in a safe at the Officer's club and everyone was off.

January 2007: I was trying to lock up the building and as I walked into the game room, one of the fooseball men moved and hit me in the family jewel area. I was in pain and was very pissed. I finished locking up the building and got everyone out, I went back in and gave whatever is there a piece of my mind. I explained this is my building and if you want to stay, you'll follow my rules. No paranormal stuff happens until I go home. I have customers that I don't want anything bad happening to.

Guess what my first EVP said: "Go Home." My second EVP I captured was "Fear me."

March 2012: We were having a exercise and the building was locked down. I had to check IDs before I could let anyone in. About 9:45pm, I went into the ballroom and started moving chairs because nobody had been there and I was closing in 15 minutes to the base population. I had the Red Cross in the ballroom collecting blood for the blood drive the next day. As I'm moving chairs, I catch movement in the Game room. I walked to the door of the game room only to see a full bodied apparition walking through. I tried to take a picture with my cell phone but it flashed then locked up. I had to manually take out the battery and reboot it. By the time I got it back up and running the apparition had disappeared and as I looked at my battery strength, it was drained.

2 June 2012: I had a baby shower in the ballroom and something was making me dizzy and nauseated. I spent 10 minutes in there and I couldn't walk straight for about 1 hour. It took me until 12am to get rid of the nausea.

So far, I've captured several intelligent EVPs in the building. So far, I have 4 male voices and one female voice. The replies are revelent to what I asked them. I have also noticed that when the building is active, it seems to burn out the light bulbs. When asked if the building is haunted, my boss laughs and reassures everyone that there isn't anything in the building that will hurt you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lwalker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
What a jerk! You don't mess with nachos OR the family jewels. He has no respect. Pfft. "Fear me" sounds like he's trying to convince himself more than you. Probably a dead loser looking to finally be recognized. I mean, what kind of real scary guy nails christmas wreaths? Honestly! Loser. I'd call him a loser and tell him to quit taking wussy shots to my nads if I were you. Decorate the back room with unicorns and rainbows to piss him off. Potpourri and stuff.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
One more point to make here. I also spent my entire time in Texas, so if this is the club I am thinking of, I have to agree with what you say happened. I had almost forgotten about what I had experienced back then. Looks like I need to do some more writing soon.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I spent my entire military career, which was short, in Club Management. So this set of experiences interests me greatly. Can I ask what base this is? I guess I already know the answer to that one...
But keep updating us on the activity. I am thoroughly interested.

Thank you,
Jav
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
You have the courage to withstand Iwalker. I enjoyed the narration. Any further experiences?
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
This is a cool story. I think the spirit that left the evp's "go home" and "fear me", is the same one that messed with your nacho's and hit you in the jewels. That spirit needs a check up from the neck up (punches to the face). You said that the other evp's make sense to the questions, that also tells me your dealing with intelligent spirits. I enjoyed the story.

Thank you for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: