You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Active House Next Door

Real Ghost Stories

Active House Next Door

 

This is about my neighbours Cheryl and Dave and involves me and my mum as well. We were telling them about our experiences of corner of the eye phenomenon in our house. Sometimes we think we see a small dog or cat in the dining room that seems to jump off a chair and run away, usually when we are watching telly. Same happens to them. Then Cheryl told us of the things that happened in their home. Dave was playing his Xbox in the living room and saw a pencil fly across the room. It had been on the TV table and just flew off horizontally, landing on the floor.

Holly, their eldest daughter, saw a large orb moving round her room and on another occasion, saw strange fairy lights dancing around the room, similar to what I saw as a kid in my other story.

Dave was sleeping and woke to see a shadowy couple near the door - a man and a woman looking at him. The landing light was still on at this time and Cheryl was coming up the stairs. Dave watched them hold hands and rush out of the door. As Cheryl came in, he asked her if she saw anything and she hadn't.

Another strange occurrence was when my mum saw Cheryl go out then heard her shouting at her toddler son. Mum just assumed she was back. Then my mum saw her coming back up the path about an hour later. So she asked if Cheryl had come back a while ago but Cheryl said she had been out all morning and was just coming back now. I think it may have been some kind of residual recording. Either that or Cheryl has a doppelganger... Which leads to another occurrence. Daisy, the middle child, was on the front lawn and waved at her mum who was at the bedroom window. Daisy knocked at the door to come in and Cheryl answered straight away. Daisy demanded to know why her mum had ignored her when she waved from the bedroom. Cheryl told her she hadn't even been in the bedroom, which is why she had been able to answer the door so quickly. So who was at the window?!

One time, I heard the sound of someone next door jumping on the bed. I assumed it was just the kids. I could hear it clearly, the creaking of the springs, about 10 times. I remarked to my mum (who looked shocked) "I can hear them jumping on the bed." My mum explained that she'd seen them go out five minutes earlier! I checked - their car was gone!

When Cheryl was in hospital having her youngest child, the house was silent. My mum heard heavy stuff falling down the stairs. She went round and looked through the letter box. Nothing on the stairs or in the hallway. Dave came back and my mum told him he'd better check as she heard stuff falling. He said nothing was out of place!

A few months later Cheryl had been in the bath, came down the stairs feeling relaxed as Dave and the girls were out. It was just her and the baby in the house. As she opened the living room door and walked in, she saw smoky shape in the gap between the living room and dining room. As she moved nearer, it dispersed into nothing.

The most recent phenomenon was when they were on holiday for a weekend. The radio in their kitchen came on at midnight, just as I was going to sleep. My mum knocked at the door to see if they could turn it off but there was no reply. Gradually the sound faded and went off completely at 00:40. We heard no one enter and no one leave - these are terraced houses with thin walls and the neighbours are noisy people who slam doors so we would have heard them!

I really believe their stories as I have heard things myself. Other people's opinions welcome!

Other hauntings by ladycastlemaine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladycastlemaine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ladycastlemaine (8 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
The children are 9, 7 and 3. There is a lot of stress in the house and fighting so this could have attracted negative energy I suppose.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
I am really interested in this story! It makes so much sense that the neighbours would also get phenomena, since the 2 houses are joined. You rarely hear that in other stories, and to me that makes this more believable and realistic. The bed spring noise is particularly compelling. That house has a poltergeist! How old are the children of the house? Are any girls in their early teens, by any chance...?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Well I agree with the Doppelganger effect. As regards the others, I don't think it has anything to do with residual haunting because it occurs in periodic intervals and I don't think that's what you narrated. Probably the house is full of entities doing something to draw attention. Why don't you suggest your neighbours to try Rook's method of cleansing? Further, if possible, why don't do some research on the house and let us inform for further information.

Nice story and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: