You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Family's Horrific Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Family's Horrific Experience

 

This story is still about my grandfather. In my first story, I mentioned that my grandfather died of liver cancer. And I also mentioned that that was according to the doctor's diagnosis. This story is what happened before my grandfather died.

I have been told this story by my parents, and even my uncles and aunt who were there when it happened. My brother and I experienced the aftermath while playing in our house. This is what I consider my first encounter with the paranormal. I was about 2 years old the and I remember everything. I remember the sight, the sound, the smell and mostly the fear my brother and I felt at that moment. 

In the mid 80's my grandfather bought a house for my parents as a surprise. The house is right in front of a small cemetery for a fraternity and my mother never felt comfortable living there. The house is a huge bungalow type, with 6 bedrooms, a 3-car garage, 2 huge living rooms, and an equally huge dining room. At the side of the house, there is a concrete staircase that leads down to what we call "The Ampitheatre" because it is just an open space with a concrete ground and surrounded by trees and plants. It looks like a normal house from the outside. But when night falls, the atmosphere changes.

The house is now located on a busy street leading to the mall, and right across it, like I said, is a small cemetery. Up to this day, fatal accidents still happen in that street, in front of that house, in that street that divides the house from the small cemetery. We often hear stories of strange happenings that occured in that place, and these people actually tell my uncles, or aunts or my mom about what happened to them there. Like they go to our store not to buy anything but just to tell us what happened to them, what they have seen in that place. We never got to live in that house. My mother refused to. So we lived in the second floor of our store, like most Chinese families in those days. Now, we just rent it out and the longest who rented it were Mormons. They stayed there for years. But after they moved out, the tenants there, mostly families, never stayed for more than a month. 

One of the house's living room is sunken, meaning it is not level with the rest of the floor. And being a traditional Chinese, my grandfather believes that in Feng Shui, it is not good to have sunken floors. So he changed that, and covered the sunken part of that living room. He then left for the US to visit his brothers. After his trip, things started to change.

He became very sick. The doctors said it was liver cancer and that he wasn't going to be with us for long. I was still too young to comprehend everything at that time. My grandmother then sought the help of alternative medicine, anything to help my grandfather. And she got one from a neighboring province. She had him come to our province to help us.

When this person came, he then did an inspection of all our properties because he believes that it was entities making my grandfather sick. They went into that house and he told my family that these entities were angry at my grandfather for covering up the floor in the living room because it killed some of them, and hurt others. And that they want my grandfather's soul. He said he can make them stop, and that the ritual had to be done in that house. 

All my mother's siblings were told to be there because the entity told them they almost have my grandfather's soul and wants to take another from the family. He told my family to make a circle and in the middle of the circle is a huge barrel, the kind that stores gasoline. He said that they should hold hands and that no matter what they see or hear, they should never break the circle. He then asked each family member to walk around the barrel, and if the barrel moves, that's the soul the entity wants. So each family member walked around that barrel and when my 2nd uncle walked around it, the barrel started to shake.

The man told my uncle to get back into the circle and hold hands and then, according to my family, he began to chant something to drive the entities away from taking my uncle's soul. My mother described the experience. She said it was like a horror movie. The front door is made of hard wood and very heavy but as the man was chanting, the front door shook violently and they heard very loud pounding on the door, as if someone or something was trying to get in. When the pounding and shaking and pushing of the door subsided, blood began coming out from the ceiling and trickling down the walls and onto the floors! The man was still chanting but my family was terrified! Blood came out in every room, even the garage, right out from the bathroom tiles and even the bricks on the driveway! And it did not happen to just that house but also in the house where my grandparents and uncles live, my other uncle's house, in our house, and in our store! 

Meanwhile, my oldest brother, then 4 years old, and I, then 2 years old, were playing with water in the bathroom of our house which is probably a good 20 minute drive from where my family was doing the ritual. I remember that my brother got tired of playing with the water so he left me alone in the bathroom. A few minutes later, the door shut tight and I was locked in! I began crying and screaming and nobody could open the door from the outside. It was a white, plastic, translucent door without a doorknob. There was just an aluminum handle in the middle of the door and the lock was that type that you slide and it holds to lock. I know the door wasn't locked but still it wouldn't open and I was scared to death. And that was when I heard it.

I heard a little girl crying in the bathroom with me! In a 2 year old's mind, I was like "wait that's not my voice!" so I stopped crying but still I heard this soft, sobbing sound in the bathroom with me! So I turned and saw the blood coming out of the bathroom tiles, shaped into a little girl holding a doll, the doll hanging from her right hand! And just at that moment, the door opened and I saw both my brothers' and the 3 nannies' terrified faces. 

We all then ran down to the store, with me still soaking wet from playing with the water from the bathroom and we heard a commotion from the store. People screaming, raised voices, employees running. And when we enterd the door that linked the store to the stairs going up our house, there was blood coming out from the walls there too! 

When my parents got home, they inspected the blood in our bathroom and I remember my father looking at it up and down and shaking his head. They didn't clean out the blood yet that day. When night came, my parents heard a little girl crying in the bathroom. So the next day, they had it cleaned up and we moved out and lived with my grandparents. But the crying sounds still remained, even up to this day when the store has been renovated and what used to be our house is now a showroom for doors and lights and tiles. 

 

My grandfather died not long after. 

When I was older, my aunt and I were having a conversation about the family and she never told me the story of their experience there before but hearing it from her validated what my parents told me. 

My family has been trying to make out a rational explanation for what they have experienced and until now, they can not come up with a logical explanation for it. I pass by that house very often and I think of the terror my family experienced in that place. 

Other hauntings by Believer622

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Believer622, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aleahsierra22 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
it's a real good story but there's no way you remember all that lbvs you can't even remember what toys you play with let alone ''your parnormal experience '' but it was a good story where ever you got it from:)
Harkaromoine (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
It must have been traumatic to your aunts and uncles. I experience a lot of paranormal in mt grandparents house but my uncle and aunts doesn't slip a word about it...
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
oh, I thought that in Feng Shui its also bad luck to have property facing a cemetery, or anything with bad chi? Seems strange that your grandfather dismissed that when he bought the house.
minimom (50 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
I read your story not once, but twice. I just can't buy into it. Although it would make an interesting movie, I don't believe it to be factual.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
OK I was with you up until the alternative medicine doctor and walls bleeding and the vivid account of a 2 year old. 🤔 How does boarding up a sunken floor kill and or injure entities? This makes no sense. Your father inspected the blood in the bathroom and merely shook his head? This demonic blood flowing wall thing managed to find a 2 year old taking a bath 20 minutes away, and all it gets is a head shake? And how do you know that the crying remains even though its now a store? Who owns this store? How did you go about finding out this information? This story is a bit fantastical. Bloody walls that remain bloody for over a day... No one managed to take a picture of this phenomenon?
ritwik (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
thats actually a creepy experience. I wonder how can you remember it since you were only two years
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
That is one creepy story! Thanks for sharing it!btw,add me on fb,jang.nara30 [at] yahoo.com.sorry for the inconvenience. I know you will hate this comment...heheheh

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: