You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Or Imagination

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Or Imagination

 

Hey guys this is my first ever story on this site. I would like to tell you that I have got a few stories that I am going to tell you but this is probably maybe my first encounter with a ghost. Also before this all happened to me I was aware of ghosts because my mum believes in ghosts and the paranormal.

We have moved into a new house just after my parents had divorced and it was all exciting because we were going to be living with our grandparents, I was 12 at the time. My brother and I were also excited because we were going to be sharing a room downstairs together, Now everything was fine until one day this was also my brothers birthday and my mums boyfriend came over it was time to go to bed. Also my mum's boyfriend was playful. My brother and I shared a bunk bed I was on top. When we were in our beds my mum's boyfriend was slowly climbing up my bed and the ladder made a clunk sound every time someone walked up it my mum's boyfriend was scaring me then he got down and we went to bed.

I fell asleep. I then woke up to someone/something climbing up my bunk bed or banging on my bunk bed I sat up and looked down nothing I straight away put the blankets over my head I didn't go back to sleep until my mum came downstairs to get us up. This went on for months my mum didn't even believe me.

I thought that this was all in my imagination but it wasn't. One day I had to go downstairs by myself to go put a cup in the sink. (the kitchen was downstairs) I called out to see if my brother was downstairs I looked into my bedroom and saw a kid climbing on my bunk bed. I instantly thought it was my brother and ran upstairs. I went into my mums room and my brother was sitting on my mums bed. This told me something else lived in my room. This went on for months and then we moved out. The ghost that I saw was a shape of a 12 year kid and was all black. I have heard that black coloured ghost are not good.

Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShortieHD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Hey Shortie,
Thank you for coming back. I'm happy I could help. What would be interesting to find out is if the image of a 12 year old boy still shows up in that room. It makes you wonder if the people living there, after you moved out, ever saw anything. And if they did, how weird would that look with no bunk bed in that same spot? Just some dark figure, about the size of a child, climbing up onto nothing. Now that's freaky!

Jav 😲
ShortieHD (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Hey Jav,
Sorry I haven't responded in ages!
Me and my bro used to play together all the time going up and down the ladder haha thankyou I think you have solved this case
Thankyou so much!
Shotie 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Hey Shortie,
Just checking back to see if you had made an appearance. Oh well, good luck then.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
ShortieHD,
I don't know how familiar you are with the different types of hauntings there can be. At this point I am going to guess that what you saw is what we call a "Living Residual". The reason being that the action you describe was a repetitive one, climbing up the ladder of your bunk beds. Now, when you consider that not everyone that has lived in that house would have had a bunk bed in the same room, and on that exact same spot, you have to wonder why you were experiencing this same thing over and over, right?
Let me give you an example of what I mean here.

Residual Haunting:
It is the general opinion of many paranormal investigators, and others, that an event, person, or animal can be 'recorded' and saved into the environment in which it took place (there are theories as to how this occurs but basically it is an accident of nature). This could have been either a traumatic event or a repetitive action that took place in that particular area by the same person. At some point this recorded event will then go into a 'playback' mode, similar to a video clip. This is known as a 'residual' type haunting. It (the ghost) does not interact with anyone. You cannot get it to converse with you. It simply repeats the same actions or events each time. It doesn't think, it doesn't change. It's just there and gone, and then comes back to repeat itself at another time in the future. That is your typical residual event. Just a video on perpetual replay, so to speak.
Living Residual:
Take the same residual event and send it into the 'playback' mode a little earlier than expected. Because, when you think about it, what is there to keep this event from going into the 'playback' mode at any point in the future. How would the environment 'know' that it was time to start that playback? Why couldn't it occur at any time?
Say the event recorded was a repetitive action done by one person. Let's say it is just the action of someone climbing a ladder to get into the top bunk. That sort of repetitive action is something that could easily have been recorded and gone into playback for you. I would have to also guess that the reason the image you witnessed was black, was that the action had to have been recorded in the dark of night.
I am just guessing at this, because that is really all we can do with these experiences, but my guess is that the image you witnessed was a residual image that had gone into playback early, creating a 'Living Residual'. And because you report it to be the size of a 12 year old boy, I'd say it was of you.

Jav 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: