You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Comforting Last Words

Real Ghost Stories

Comforting Last Words

 

My sister Sara and I were always very close. Our relationship was in no way perfect, but still it was a closeness that I will never have with another living person. She was 3 years older than I, that's probably why we occasionally had our tifts. I was a pesky younger sister, and I can totally admit that now.

I was living in TN and she was still in Upstate NY. I was pregnant with my now 3-year-old son. It was December 2008 and, out of the blue, I went into labor. My son was born at 27 weeks. Sara had planned on coming down to TN after my son was born (original due date 3/15) so, him being born 3 months early, she came in February 2009.

My son came home from the hospital 2/21 and Sara was right there with me the whole way. She loved that little boy like nothing else. Sara was sick and had been for a few years. No doctor ever gave her the time of day because of her circumstance, I suppose. She was always in and out of the hospital and eventually placed on 4L of oxygen constantly.

Monday October 11, 2010, Sara passed away at the age of 28. I was at work and she was watching my son. My father went to our apartment to pick her up for a doctor's appointment and found her. My world shattered. I refused to step foot in our apartment that night. I just could not bring myself to go in there, so my son and I spent the night at my dad's. I was inconsolable, I wanted answers to WHY Sara had to leave this Earth. I was angry, and begging for her to come to me and let me know she was at peace.

I managed to fall asleep, but not a deep sleep by any means. I was too distraught for my brain to shut off. I was laying across the foot of the bed with my feet hanging off slightly. I woke up at some point and felt someone sit behind me. I was not scared at all. I knew it was Sara and was thankful she was there. Then, I heard her voice tell me that everything was alright now. Sara also told me she could be my rock now, something she couldn't do in flesh, but not to be selfish because I had to share her with our mother. I felt at peace at that moment and I knew she was happy, and in no pain.

It has been 1 year and 8 months to the day that she passed, and has come to me many times. I also know Sara comes to my son, nobody can tell me any different, no matter how crazy I may sound. I have to hold on to that belief forever, because if I don't, I have no clue how I would accept that she's gone.

For all of you out there that have siblings, no matter if you get along or not... Hug them, tell them you love them. You will never know a bond like that of a sister or a brother.

Other hauntings by SarasSister25

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SarasSister25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SarasSister25 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I have been on this website for awhile now, only to have the courage to share my stories recently. I actually found this website while searching for answers surronding my sister's death. I have found comfort in many of the stories I have read on here, and I will continue to post my experiences.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
I'm glad you found peace in her presence, but I am still so sorry to hear of her passing. I would be devastated too if I lost either of my siblings. I hope your mom also feels peace knowing she's there.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
this is a very good story and one with a happy ending. Your sister is out of her misery and she loves you very much.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I loved this story. It reminds me how I almost lost my only sibling and brother. He got jumped by 12 guys. He suffered 2 broken jaws, nearly killed him. My heart and prayers goes out to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
SarasSister,

You could not have said it any better. Our siblings ARE the closest people we will ever know.

I'm happy that yours still loves you too:)

Thanks for sharing your story with us

BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I'm so sorry for your loss, but am happy to hear that your sister is still there for you from time to time. I do hope, however, that she finds peace and is able to pass on if need be and when the time comes.

I'm the oldest of six children and, while I often bicker with my younger siblings, I feel very protective of them and wouldn't know what to do if I ever lost one of them. I'm particularly close with a couple and have often had nightmares where they've been hurt or even died. The bond between siblings is a special thing and I'm happy that you've been able to maintain yours even after such a terrible ordeal.

I hope things continue to get better.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I lost a Best friend to Cancer in 1997 she like a sister yes and good story and sorry to hear of your sister she in your heart.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: