You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralyzing Fear

Real Ghost Stories

Paralyzing Fear

 

Last year in 2011 I got ready for bed like I normally would have, and I fell asleep like normal too. In the middle of the night there was this noise in my ears that sounded like when you put your hand over your ears. I opened my eyes and all of the sudden a hand pushed my face down into my pillow. Whatever it was wasn't trying to suffocate me because my head was turned to the side not facing the pillow, but it WAS for sure trying to make itself known. The noise in my ears immediately stopped and all was completely silent, then whatever it was whispered "F*** You". And and that point my eyes got really wide and I tried to sit up a little, but then the hands slammed me back down into the pillow with a great amount of force and it shouted this time "F*** YOU!". The noise in my ears came back louder than ever; I opened my mouth to try to yell, but the only noise that came out was an extremely soft noise. I sat almost in tears, because it was still holding me down. I couldn't move any part of me, I was completely paralyzed with fear.

A few minutes after it started, the hands and pressure and noise in my ears went away. I could move again. I jumped out of bed and quickly walked to my parents room. I tried to stay calm. I said, "Mom, Dad," I was really shaky sounding, "I think there is somebody in my room." They got up really fast and looked all around, there was nothing there. I knew they weren't going to find anyone.

Weeks and months passed and around February of 2012 the same thing happened to me again. This time I thought if I tried to act like I wasn't scared it would stop, so I smiled and tried to sit up. Whatever it was didn't like that. It slammed me down again, but I smiled still and tried to laugh to see if it would help at all.

Finally it stopped and I let out a sigh of relief. Now nothing like that has happened to me since, and if it does I'll know what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jehle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
I love how you played mind games back and stood up to it. I enjoyed your experience.

Thank you for sharing
johnjohn17 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
and I ment opress you not process you sorry for the typo I think faster then I type
johnjohn17 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
sounds like something was in the process of opressing you, and you smiling at it showed you had no fear towards it, and that's y it had left you're to strong of a person mentally and spiritually for it to oppress without a real fight its moved on I'm betting to a weaker person good for you, and if it comes back and says F you again just do like last time smile and say F you back to it don't let it scare you.
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
I like it when people take back their power! Good for you!

Take care of yourself,

Elle
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
If you get a chance read the one story on my account, I had something related to this. Do you hear "electronic-pulse" sounds?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
this is very couragious of you and I commend you for pushing back at it. Initially I thought that maybe a person had gotten into your house and was harrassing you. That does happen. But if you say the experience occured again and it was the same as last time that could possibly be paranormal related. But as you say, show no fear. That is what it wanted. To scare you.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I think that's the key... Not showing any fear and not giving them any reason to be angry or continue pestering you. Good for you. 😁
Rashidah (9 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
In this world there are people who will harm you. It is so spiritually. That is why we must always be on our guard. Try saying some prayers before you sleep each night.

Best of Luck.
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
My aunt had something like that happen it held her down and said" he's dead... " We never figuered out what she was talking about it was a womans voice. We thought forsure it was my uncle that she was talking about... Later found out that a woman killed herself in that house after she had a baby boy and he died.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: