You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Electrical Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Electrical Ghost

 

Hi everyone, I've decided to share my story with you as I'm not too sure what to make of all this, I think there is some sort of ghost in my house playing with my electricity. I live in western australia, and my house it quiet old, I live near the old army barracks in swanborne which is located right on the coast. I was at home the other night, and every room that I stepped into, the light would dim in that room, flicker for a bit, then go back to normal, which is quiet strange as this has never happened before.

I brushed it off as it being an old house, until I went into my room and turned on my stereo and put it on volume level 45, I got to the kitchen, and my stereo turned off! The switch was on, but the volume had been turned down to zero. By now I was starting to get a little scared, and called my house mate and get her to hurry home. A few moments after she arrived home, I went into the toilet and the light bulb smashed through the glass light shade and onto the floor, which scared the bigeebies out of us both, but as we went into the spare room to get the spare light globes, as I opened each packet, they were all smashed, all 6 of them! How could this be, they were brand new and still in the box!

I know it could just be my imagination, but it's not just the lights either, my house phone will ring constantly and when I answer it, it has dial tone... Or I will come home from work and all the lights are on! And I'm the last to leave in the morning, and I make sure I turn them off! If any one knows anything about what's been happening. Please let me know.

Thanks heaps

jessi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jessi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Sounds like you wan't to get your electric cabling checked... I meen that used to happen me with lights flicking or dimming for a split second, and light bulbs exploding. And was fixed after the electricity in my place was rewired, just old cabling.:)
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Hiya Jessi
I do hope you are still in WA I live in Rocckingham, but I lived in Mossie Park for 16 years, We seem to have similar experiences and I would love to talk to you about them...
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
yeah it sounds like ghost or spirit. They can make noises. Only last week I heard a girls voice and then she made a banging noise. I also see ghosts. 😊 I always know when there around cause it goes all cold and you feel like your being watched.
cliffandkris (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
spooky, my mom has had a lot of things happen to her. She has two stories about things that have happened. She can see an hear what other people can't. She went to a psyhic once who told her me and her soon to be son can comunicate telepathically. As far as your lights are concerned, it is probably something that wants you out. If it continues to happen, I would leave. Or it may just be something that likes messing with electricity. I think that something is trying to get your attention. You should do more reserch on your house, maybe there is something useful you could find out about what is tampering with your electricity.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
There is a theory that ghosts/spirits/energies draw energy from the things around them, which tend to be electrical appliances, cameras, mobile phones etc. So it's possible that your ghost is simply trying to get your attention the only and easiest way it can. It doesn't sound malicious or threatening, so don't be too worried. Encounters like this can often disappear as soon as they start.
I'm no expert, so I may be talking rubbish. But from stuff I've read and seen, sounds like you've got yourself a ghosty! If you're lucky, maybe even a poltergeist!
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
wow
thats an interesting story
all I can say is try doing a little research on your home. You my find some cool history ;)
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Hi Jessi,
Ceary here.
I am not sure what's up with your home. It's definately not a friendly thing. It sounds like a ghost or spirit something like that. It could be demon but don't take my word for it. All I know is if it gets violent and attacks you then you should move out of there or go to someone in the church and get your house blessed. But for now it seems it's just annoying ghost or spirit who hates lightbulbs or something. Don't be scared. Just be cautious. It's may not be demons. But if it hurts you, get out of there or get your home blessed by a priest. Just here to give you some ideas of what it may be. Don't freak out, everything will be okay :D

Ceary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: