You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Electrical Wire Mystery

Real Ghost Stories

Electrical Wire Mystery

 

Another episode in my sunset life for which I have no known explanation happened this morning, 07Mar2011. It was related to the small electrical project for my car which I had to do last week (I can no longer recall the exact date).

I have not been lucky to own a garage wherein to do the project, so I drove to one of my favorite parks to do the work, as I always do. There was heavy fog that day with only about half a mile visibility. The park was awfully quiet and practically desolate. I parked my car and started work to revise the wiring of the power circuit of the alarm. I used a length of the coiled roll of red wire. After finishing the connections and testing the circuit, it was time to stow away my tools and electrical materials. It was beginning to rain. I rolled up the left-over red wire into a neat 3-inch diameter coil and put it into the box of materials. Now, in this box was another coiled roll of red wire which I had packed up in my gear that morning to make sure I had enough wire. Call this roll of red wire "Wire X". I put the left-over wire right on top of it in the box. I left the park at around 3:30 PM. It was raining hard when I reached home probably about an hour later.

That evening, before stowing the gears in the storage closet, I opened the box of materials to put in a pack of plastic straps. I noticed "Wire X" was missing. I tried to recall as hard as I could anything which I could have possibly done with "Wire X" while I was in the park. I very clearly remembered I never touched it as there was more than enough wire length from the other roll of red wire which I used. Also, there was no doubt in my mind that I put the left-over wire right on top of it in the box. So, whatever happened to "Wire X"? I refused to think of any explanation other than, well, it somehow probably dropped on the ground while I was stowing my gears and I did not see it. Silly. And so, I just assumed I lost "Wire X" in the park.

This morning I decided to rearrange the lot of stuff in my tool closet. Lo and Behold! "Wire X" was standing on the floor, leaning against my old diploma plaque behind one of the old tool boxes! Nobody, not even I, could have found it without the painstaking work of hauling boxes and boxes of tools and a whole lot of stuff out of the closet. But why did I choose to rearrange all the stuff in my closet this morning, and not next month or next year? Divine if I knew. All I can say is: it so happened so I would find "Wire X" this morning and know beyond doubt that the event was another paranormal mystery.

For what a little roll of red wire is worth and as trifle as this event might seem, I see the latent value in the paranormal mystery and the events fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle, had it not been for which this "Wire X" incident would have been nothing but a natural scenario of a roll of red wire lost in the park. But it is very clear there was much, much more than this scenario. There is reason to believe that events, especially magnified events, in human lives do not happen on their own under certain circumstances. Rather they are part of a puzzle in which paranormal mystery is involved.

This occurrence belongs to another category, i.e., things disappearing and reappearing. It seems to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my memory and "Wire X" went missing due to certain paranormal reasons. Here again is the question: Whatever paranormal reasons could it be?

Other hauntings by sunsetsphere

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sunsetsphere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sunsetsphere (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Hi SPECTRA: I overlooked your question. I suppose you wanted an answer. I wish I knew. In fact I might never know it in our earthly existence. Nevertheless, I believe it must be an omnipotent power or its emissary.
sunsetsphere (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
To Lou: I have no garage! I live in a high-rise building with off-street parking. Do-it-yourselfers, such I am, very ordinarily go to the park because, like a garage, it gives a little bit of privacy particularly during weekdays. This is a common sight in this city and none of us here would have thought it strange! It is strange, of course, to suburbanites!

I see sunset as the time when life begins to retire; and referring to age, it is "old age" or "not-young" age or as most young fortunate people call "BABY BOOMERS" 😲 😠.
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
What an amazing story. What or who is behind such events? On the surface it may not seem like much but like you I see this as powerful. It was beautiful. Thank you for sharing 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
Why would you go to a park to fix your car? That seems more than a little strange?

And what is meant by your "sunset life"...do you mean you are in the sunset of your life? I guess I'm a little slow.

Lou
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Maybe a ghost was just playing. Sometimes that's all they do. Wait and see if anything else happens, and then... It just be a ghost playing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: