You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: We Just Want To Play

Real Ghost Stories

We Just Want To Play

 

This story dated back when I was very little. I was 9 years old and my little sister was still a baby. My family, as well as other relatives went for a holiday at my late grandpa's house in the countryside. It's a typical wooden house in a typical village with fruit trees filling up the yard. There were not enough rooms in the house. So, to be fair, everybody had to sleep like refugees in the big TV hall upstairs. It was just a two-story detached house. That era, all the stairs to the upper floor will always have a big door. Children's rooms are upstairs and parents' are downstairs. During night time, the doors should be properly locked. I don't know for what reason. Maybe to avoid teenage kids from sneaking out at night or something. Or maybe just to avoid something from coming upstairs.

Coming back to the story, I was down with fever that day. So, I couldn't play along with my little cousins. I just lied down and drink barley juice to cool off. That fateful night, I couldn't sleep at all. My temperature went high but I was really freezing. So I got up and sat down quietly trying to warm my palms and feet while watching everybody else sleeping soundly. That was when I realize, I was placed about a few meters away, directly across the doors to the stairs. I just stared at the door blankly, imagining weird things that could happen. I checked the time on my digital watch (an old Casio kid's watch with a light for night view), it was about 2-3 am. For about 20 minutes, I laid down and trying to go back to sleep.

Then I heard loud noises coming from downstairs. It sounded like a bunch of old ladies cooking noisily and talking loudly in the kitchen. When I opened my eyes, the sound stopped. I had a weird goosebumps so suddenly. That was when I heard heavy footsteps climbing up the stairs. I turned my head to look at the door. Expecting my uncles or aunts or anyone I know to open the door. One by one until one step left for the person to open the door... I just waited. Then, nothing happened. For about a moment later, I drifted back to sleep after trying to sooth myself that it was just the side effect of my fever. Then, I heard a loud bang. I was so freaking shocked! I thought somebody was at the door and was too drowsy to open the door gently. I opened my eyes slowly... Looking at the door, it was still closed. And to my horror, the heavy footsteps continued walking towards...me.

I couldn't move. I barely could breathe. I couldn't even close my eyes. As the step getting closer and closer, I was nearly fainting and only one step left to get to me, the horror was gone. And I could breathe again. I got up straight. Sweating all over my body and fell down on my pillow. Next thing I remember, it was already bright day and everyone has started packing for a picnic. I followed them even though I was supposed to stay in bed and rest. My fever got worse but I didn't want to stay in that house.

I told my mom about that and cried on her shoulder. I was so scared. My mom said that it's an old house. Of course it made weird noises. I thought she didn't believe me. But when we left that house, she told me that I should never get up, even if I woke up, alone at night in that house. That's when they're all awake, she said. Not knowing what she really meant.

After about 10 years or so, I brought this topic back. Repeating every event that happened to me. She said long time ago, our ancestors seek protection for their future generation. But my late grandpa didn't want it. So this "guardian" is looking for a blood that it could hold on to. Until today, I still hear stories from my cousins, my cousin's children, about how they were disturbed. This spirit only seek children. It accompanies them in the form of an old lady with long gray hair. But when the children gets bigger, they can't see them anymore but only feel its presence. I thank God that at least I wasn't disturbed when I was a lot smaller and didn't get to see it. But one of my cousin's toddler, a 4 year old boy, had actually drew a picture of 'her'. He said 'she' likes to play games. If he doesn't want to, she'll follow him everywhere and make scary faces. But she has a daughter whom she wouldn't let him draw or even talk about.

My fingers are getting colder as I'm writing this story. It's the scariest thing that runs in my family. But we only seek the real protection from the Almighty. Yes... I became pretty religious after that.

Crazy, huh?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, solitude, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

solitude (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry for my silence throughout the whole year. I want to thank you all for your comments and the time you've wasted reading my bad grammar. Hehe. I've been really busy at work. I was involved in this project. Now that it's finished, I can get back to this site.

You guys were right about me being sick could cause hallucinations. But I did some research and found out something freakish about my family history. The old lady that appeared in front of the children, appeared in my dreams and all my cousins who were the first born child.

There was this one time I had a nightmare she appeared in my room, holding my legs and wouldn't let go. She grasped my legs too hard that it was so painful. I started to recite some verses from the Holy Koran that I could think of but I kept forgetting certain part. She always laughed when I kept repeating the same mistakes. Then I woke up to the sound of howling dogs and a really bad leg cramps. I couldn't even scream to call my parents because I was too scared. Then I checked my phone, it was around 3.20 am. I believe christians also believe that this is ghostly hour, right?

I'm going to post another story about my findings. You guys are always welcome to give your opinions.

Much love.
icewolfghost (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
being ill has made this very interesting. I suggest you do some research
Good luck
Wolf 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
This has been an interesting read, I'm sure your being ill may have contributed to what was happening, after hearing all the stories from your other family members I'm sure you really did experience something that night, but maybe some of that was enhanced because of you being sick.

Thanks for the read!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Interesting story Solitude, I'm in agreement with some of the other posters here, in that the fever could have caused you to experience things that were not actually there at all.
From what other people in your family have experienced though it seems as though this lady is perhaps in denial about the death of her own daughter and that is why she doesn't like it to be brought up perhaps? Either way it does seem like she needs help to be moved on!

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Jav, I actually heard that on a documentary about the Vatican. I thik someone on this site said it too.

To be more clear on the rule. The Catholic church does not deny the possibility that such a thing exists. But any contact, initiated or not, is not authorized and therfore if you do have any contact with any spirit that has not gone to heaven then by default they are evil. (hence the term of demon they use)
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
oh yes and to make sure Ali wasn't talking about the nurses she was able to verfy that it was after eveyone has left the area and the lights were dimmed. The people in the NICU are not really allowed to pick up the infants so no nurse would do that. She also said they glowed and made her feel warm and peaceful. She was very adament these were not the nurses.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Pjod

Yes I am talking about the officail stance as that is the majority. There are other people who practive as Catholic but don't believe EXACTLY what the Vatican says is "the law"

There are extremists in every religion as there are people who have a lighter side of the view.

My husband's family I think would border on extremist but they have some interesting quirks.

For example: his grandma is a very faithful Catholic. She goes to church 3 times a week, she has pictures of Jesus everywhere along with crosses, she carries a rosary, and she thinks every word in the Bible is law. And everyone else is wrong. She is very closed off. She is the same woman who called my house one day and told is to not watch The Divinci Code as it was the work of the devil.

However, she had an aunt who I would call a medium. She read tarot cards and she predicted her own death. I will call her Fran. When one of the extremist grandmas son had a child she was born premature. We will call her Ali. Ali was born at 30 weeks and she was going to die. Luckily she lived through it.

As Ali grew up to be 2 years old. Her dad was very upset that Ali's grandpa was in the hospital. She said, "daddy don't cry. Grandpa is ok. The angels that come at night will hold him." Her dad looked at her strange and asked what she meant. She said "dad when I was a little baby the angels would come and hold us to feel better."

That was really neat. I thought there was something to that. She was saying that angels came into the NICU to help the premies.

As she got older she would tell people certain things that were going to happen. Like, she told her dad he was going to cut his finger, she told her mom she was going to fall off the ladder. They asked how she knew this and she said that a lady comes to see me at night. She told me her name was Fran. She comes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday night. She sits and talks to me

To be honest I think that Aunti Fran was a medium and she comes to visit Ali. Ali would draw pictures for us. I've actually never met her as she lives out of state and its hard for us to travel. But she drew us a picture for Halloween and mailed it. She drew a picture of me, my husband, and my step-son. My stepson was wearing a spider man costume and I was in a red jacket. This what we were wearing. I would have shoved it off as a coincidence but she also drew a picture of the jack-o-lantern we had in the front yard. Her picture showd exactly what my jack--lantern was, a cat. Now that is not something people would think someon carves into a pumpkin all the time. Usually its just a face.

So even though this highly strict Catholic family has their beliefs they also make room for the "special" gifts that people in their family have. If it was any other family they would judge them and condemn them.

That is what I don't get about some religious people. They want to have it both ways, as long as the way they are pointing is the right way. Even if it is opposite from what they believe.

I hope I didn't make that confusing 😕
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
[at] solitude,
I agree with Pjod, having a fever can cause all sorts of interesting visions to occur. Your body heats up, you are in a weakened state, it's not that uncommon to have these types of hallucinations. The fact that it was the only time you witnessed anything like that also points to it not being paranormal in nature.

Jav

~Come on Red, enough with the myths of Catholicism already. It seems like you just can't find enough places to make these claims. It's getting older by the minute.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
redphx,
Perhaps the Vatican takes that "official stance"- but I've seen where more than one Exorcist believed that a deceased family member, for example, may appear as a sign that he/she are asking for prayers.
It is sad to me, that the "official stance" in this case, has been taken to the extream by many... Even some who post here in this forum. The idea that every apparition must be angel or devil is ludicrous- and all available data we have concerning this phenomena crushes this hard line theory.
Solitude,
The fact that you were down with a high fever should be taken into consideration. We tend to experience visions and such... Nice read.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I have to ignore that comment, because i'm too tired today. This was a good story though. I love reading stories that aren't in the US. I get a sneak peak at their culture. I'm glad that you got saved. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😁
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
sorry, viksal I wrote your name wrong. I didn't pay attention to it because I was irritated by your comment.

As for the story. I like family legends. In my history we have the banshee.

I do think that this was paranoia more than anything. I don't think a spirit is constantly harrassing your family because of a certain ritual not being done. It is possible for something to latch onto a location or person if they believe it exists. Like a constant attraction.

It may also be just an energy.

But I honestly feel this is more closely related to an old wives tale
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
viskal,

You should know that people find strength in their religion. Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter. It is what the poster believes. It is their story. If they find strength in their religion and that helps them in life, then that is good for them.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
ah but the vatican, being catholic only believe there are demons and angels. Nothing in between. So if your grandma comes to visit, acording to the vatican, she is not your grandma but a demon posing as her to get to you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Vikstal - if you don't like how religion is brought in on ghost stories, then perhaps this isn't the site for you. You've been around long enough to realize many people are religious, in one form or another, and do speak about in their stories or the comment section.

If it offends you, you do have the choice of not reading the stories. I'm sure there are other sites that don't have "religion rammed down our throats."

I think you chose one of the most least "offensive" stories to make that comment on though. 😕
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
"Religion rammed down our throats"
I didn't get that at all, reading this story. It is not uncommon for someone who has never been interested in religion, to seek it out after they have a paranormal episode... The Vatican, for example, has always recognized spirit- both good and evil.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Ugh, I just don't like it how religion is brought in on ghost stories. Like there isn't enough religion rammed down our throats... I'm not okay with this advertising. This website is for ghost stories not god.
Shadow-VII (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I wonder if something bad happened to her daughter, such as dying at a young age... That might be why she only seems to look after the younger children in your family. It would also explain why she is so protective over her daughter. You could perhaps do some research on the house and see if anything happened?

-B
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Interesting story:). Maybe she misses her daughter that's why she tried to accompany childrens. Luckily, she mean no harm but disturbance. Thanks for sharing and take care:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: