You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Middle Of The Road

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Middle Of The Road

 

Late one night I was in the car with my older cousin and little cousin. My older cousin needed a home so my mom said she and her baby could live with us. Anyways, we were in the car because we were at my grandma's house to visit. We didn't leave until midnight. My cousin doesn't like to take the highway/main roads at night so we took the back roads, through the country. It takes an extra 10 minutes instead of the 20 minute drive on the main roads.

It was around midnight. The weather was pretty cold, with fog almost everywhere. We drove past the usual "haunted house." Mainly it's just an old, worn down barn that looks broken and haunted. But about three or four minutes later, we saw a man. He was tall, looked six foot. He look like a farmer, with overalls and boots and what not. He was just standing in the middle of the road, looking towards the left, his whole body facing that way. The road was too narrow to just go around him. We just stopped and waited for him to move. It seemed like he didn't notice us. He just stood in the same position. I could sense something. It seemed like he wasn't... Real.

My cousin finally got annoyed. "Come on, MOVE" she said, and honked her car horn. He turned so slow. He started walking creeping and slowly towards our car. His eyes were locked on my cousin. After he walked RIGHT past the car, we drove off. About 10 minutes later the same thing happened. Except this time he walked into the pitch black woods.

This was a very scary encounter. It's not like we saw him walk in front of us. He went behind us! And it was the exact same man! Does anybody know anything? Was he maybe trying to send us a message? Was he even real?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghostly_Muffins, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

limwen (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
It sounds like to me that this is nothing but a lost soul who died in some wretched state or confused state and cannot find his way home, so to speak. An unwilling wanderer, unknowingly seen in this realm. It sounds like he is stuck in "dream mode"... Everything I say is nothing but theories I grow in my mind but I'll explain. I imagine when one dies in a manner confusing, unforeseen, unsettling, or their body is treated foully... Anything quite down right wretched in the states of dying and the states of slipping into the other realm will in a way ground the spirit. It is lost. It is an entirely unresolved state. In a way it is like a movie stuck on replay... Or like a gif from tumblr, repeating the same most wretched state of its being over and over. I know you seek perhaps a lesson here and sadly I do not see one. I think this spirit is lost and will be saved by one who is practiced in that art. There may be no harm in trying, earnestly to help this man but be warned that there are great risks in waking a "dreaming spirit", as I suspect this one is. Moreover it may be doomed to failure no matter what. Some things are left up to the spirit to solve. Perhaps he will wake on his own time.

I suggest to cleanse you and your friends with a sage smudge stick... Light the tip and blow so that it smolders. Guide it across your bodies to protect from harmful spirits and also rid yourself from the sad... (for lack of better word) illness that grips this spirit. His torment may rub off on your own spirits so you would do well to give your spirit a bath. Sage is a powerful thing. Be careful, for it is like hand sanitizer as it rejects both harmful and helpful spirits. We are always guided by them, sometimes referred to as guardian angels. Sage will cast away those helping you if you are being helped. But it is not permanent and to invite them back you need only act as normal, they will come for sage wears off.
Scythe (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Cool story! My auntie had a similar experience which I'm waiting to be published.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
rookdygin,
He should have slept somewhere there for some reason who knows.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
[at] Blackmoonmage: You will only be able to post your experience on Monday. The site is closed for the weekend.
Sorry, you will have to be a little bit patient. They always close the site on a Thursday... To allow the Mods to go through the influx of mail and edit it.
I wish you luck, for Monday! 😊
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I don't really get the part about the man walking right through the car.well,maybe you and your cousin should have been scared if he walked right through the car. By the way, could anyone help me how to post stories in ygs?
Respectfully,
Blackmoonmage20
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
mrfear672india,

Ummmm...You stated this...

"I think he is not a ghost.
That farmer could have habit of sleep walking."

With an average speed on back country roads being between 35-45 MPH just how did the Farmer 'sleep walk' approx 3-4 miles down the road so that he was standing 'In Front' of the O/P and her cousin again?

Just wondering...

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Ghostly_Muffins,
I agree with Ibelieveheshere. This sounds almost residual in nature. For him to beat you to the next location and then wander off into the woods the way he did is really creepy. It's him getting around as quickly as he did that makes me think he may simply be a recorded image that is now playing itself out. It would be interesting to find out what actually became of the guy though. And what, or who, it was he was looking for.

Thank you for sharing,

Jav
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Did you guys reached home without any harm? Maybe he died on that rode yet you guys should take the highway next time. Thanks for sharing and take care:)
Shadow-VII (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I'm confused... You said 10 minutes later you saw him again. Was that 10 minutes going down the same road and he appeared in front of you again? Was this within the same trip continuing down the road?

-B
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
ibelieve:what's wrong in that?
I said what I thought every small thing we should not connect it to paranormal try to find the best answer.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
MrFear67india: Everytimes I read what you keep say You believe they are what you thought they are prank or something so stop and let them what they believe is really a paranormals. Cause I already Read what Your comment say on Here and One Jolly Fellow cause spirits who want make mortal phone call can do when they have ergery.

Ghostly_Muffins: Sound like some Recorder past or some kind replay just a thought.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I think he is not a ghost.
That farmer could have habit of sleep walking.

GOOD LUCK.
lulurox (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I just think he was an old man I don't no if he was real or not if he was a ghost he must want to give you a meassage were his eyes picht black or couldn't you see? 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: