You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy Passage

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Passage

 

Years ago we were asked to look after the house of friends in the same street as us, as they were going away for a week.

We had known them for years, and obviously had visited them hundreds of times over that time. Their house felt normal- I am usually very sensitive to "presences." I could not feel anything bad although both my mother and I sensed an entity at times. We have a long history of spiritual and other paranormal experiences.

They left on the Sunday morning and that evening we went to switch on lights, close curtains and so on. From the time we stepped into the house, the atmosphere was heavy and felt very oppressive.

As we moved around the lounge and dining room, closing curtains, we felt as though there was a hostile presence there, watching us. This grew even worse when we moved to walk down the passage. This is where we both felt the presence before.

To make it worse, there was a photo of the grandfather on the wall, and he seemed to be staring right though you. Walking down the passage was like walking through a thick oil field. To put some perspective to this, as I mentioned, we come from a family who have many psychic experiences and we are not afraid of spirits. Both my mom and I were afraid of this entity. It was bad and it felt like it wanted to harm us.

We did what we needed to, and left as quickly as we could. As soon as we stepped out of the house, it felt like we were free.

This happened the second day as well, when I went to open the curtains. That was the Monday. That evening again we braved the darkness we both felt as we closed things up. It was mid-summer, but the house was cold. The sun was also still shining outside, yet it "seemed" so dark within the walls.

We decided that from then on to leave the curtains in the bedroom closed and the lights on. This way, we did not have to brave the passage.

Then, on the Thursday evening, when we were closing the curtains in the lounge and dining room (when you pass between them, you can see down the passage into the main bedroom) both of us saw a shadow figure move from the end of the passage into the main bedroom.

They arrived back on the Saturday and for years, until they moved, we avoided visiting.

Now I am doing Ghost Investigations. The present owners will not discuss the house or allow my team and I in to investigate.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghosthunter00, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
Miracles, it almost sounds as though you love work! Lol, I suppose when it comes to ghosts,spirits,past loved ones etc it isn't really work is it! Good ol YGS! 😁 ❤

Dan
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
We have a FB page where we try to post an experience a day... Maybe check it out.
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Anneke-Gauteng has loads of potential. But also loads of hurdles to get through. Many places want to charge mad prices (eg Constitutional Hill-R4500 for 4 hours) so as a result, most investigations tend to be houses. Would appreciate any input people may have about locations though. Daisey is interesting-have never done an investigation into her yet.

Your gran was so right- in SA it is difficult to investigate many old and abandoned places, due to the criminal element.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Cliney - gotta admit, I'm getting a bit antsy myself 😉. Even though I've had a migraine since last Saturday night, I've been looking every day to see if the submission page has been reopened to see if there are stories to work on 😆. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or not 😆
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Thank you Miracles... Ill try to be more patient In the future 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Cliney - my guess is administration is trying to get caught up on the stories that are sent to "them" for review. And there are a lot of them. Hopefully the site will be open to new stories in a day or so.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Does anyone know why there hasn't been any new stories up for ages?
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
O ye, another thing... My granny always said not to be afraid of the dead, you must be afraid of the living... Sometimes I think she was right... 😐
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Hi Ghosthunter
Aha, nog iemand van SA!
I live in Cape Town and I am sure Jo'burg has plenty of ghosts. But here at CT is so much potential to investigate that it will take years and years of investigation. The Castle in Cape Town is one of my personal favorites! So many ghosts to investigate at only ONE site! 😁 And the ghost of Antjie Somers, and the ghost of Nooitgedacht, The Flying Dutchman, Lady Anne Barnard, etc. Etc. I would love to investigate these places myself
I would love to know what you have done so far, and what you discovered on you investigations! I may sound stupid now, but where did Daisy De Melcker lived and worked? Have you investigated her already? ❤
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Jav- thanks for the input. From may prior experiences, I felt it was not a physical danger. For me spirits give me a different feeling, if you know what I mean. So I was not worried about it being a human in the house.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Ghosthunter00,
Because I am a firm believer in that "gut feeling" being a warning, I have to wonder why it not occur to anyone that it could have been a robbery that you may have walked in on. I realize that it turned out not to be so, however, in a situation such as what you have described, my first reaction to that warning that comes from the gut is to eliminate all natural causes first. You did go through the rooms and shut the shades, turning on lights, etc. But the feeling would have had me at least considering the possibility. My mother was very in tune to spirits around her, so much so that she was oftentimes asked to assist others with problems they were having in that area. She had a way of making them behave. If they continued to be a problem, they were ousted. That's it, no more messing around. But even she would eliminate the possibility of natural causes. Especially after seeing a shadow form moving down the passageway.
Mind you, I believe everything you witnessed was of a paranormal nature. But this is from the advantage of hindsight.
Thank for for sharing this chilling experience, I hope you don't take my thoughts as harsh criticism, they were not meant that way. I am merely curious about the way others get to the point of deciding that what they have experienced was paranormal.

Jav
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
No problem Ghosthunter, we can chat all you like! Nice to find someone on this side of the map with similar interests. Some people still consider me 'odd'!
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Fergie...would appreciate you mailing me at ghost. Hunter970 at gmail dot com.

I agree, the mine houses are full of activity.

Would love to chat more.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
[at] Ghosthunter, what a pity, all the old mine houses have been pulled down here in Randfontein. See my account "A Gorilla?", that would have made an excellent spot to do ghost hunting! I am sure that all those houses had something strange going on in them!
Great narrative by the way, thanks for sharing.
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
Cosmogal- Iguess that why they say retrospect it the perfect science. At the time it did not seem right. Before then I had and my mother had, sen and talked to many entities. This one was threatening. Perhaps we should have tried to communicate, but did not.

SDS-I do not often get creeped out by entities. This one really creeped me out. Did not feel 'welcome' there again. In South Africa, there is a very closed mindset about spirits, so if they do not believe, they will not humour you an allow an investigation. They were and are, very Christian, so spirits are evil etc.

Darkness- Better late than never pal. It is always great to hear other people's feedback. In my view, nobody is an expert and we are all learning, so I do enjoy hearing how other people perceive the supernatural.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Damn! Once again am late to the site and what I wanted to say has already been mentioned! 😁

But I feel what others have already mentioned and that is whatever was residing there was looking out for the house and looked as you as intruders perhaps. Either way like Rook mentioned an explanation may have helped at the time. I hope these explanations and experiences have helped you in your investigations. 😊

Dan
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Hi Ghosthunter00,

Nice narrative. You said that you have visited the house hundreds of times over since your experience and then why you had not visited the house after your friends' return. Even though they never believed in paranormal, you could have requested them to investigate. Thank God that nothing happened to you and your mother. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
I agree with Isandhu and got the impression that this entity was in protection mode. It knew the owners were away and probably saw you as intruders. I also like Rook's suggestion of explaining why you were there. Maybe it would have made things a little easier. Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Will do ashville... Always on the lookout for haunted places to investigate, so would love to come to CT to sample your locations...
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
MrFear, Isandhu, geetha.

To answer: Yes, did visit again, but not for long. Yes, then visiting there was a 'bad; feeling, but that could also be put down to the previous experience working on mu mind and creating feelings I thought I should have.

Did tell our friends, but they laughed it off. They do not believe in anything supernatural.
The owners are not very friendly so I am not going to talk to them again.

I always had this feeling that the entity felt as though we were intruding... Maybe it did not want us there without 'his' family.
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
hahaha...awe rozo...lol...looks like hes in the gauteng area \m/
Interesting non the less. Keep us updated when you come to CT.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Hi,
Itr really freeky experience.
You should alert the other people who where living in the house.

Thanks for sharin.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Do you feel it was always the same entity that you previously felt? If so, I suppose ghosts can go through cranky moods as well. Maybe he was annoyed the owners had gone and left him. Maybe he didn't understand they were only gone for a vacation and thought they were gone for good. You say you "avoided" visiting after that, which implies you may have visited, just less often. If so, any further experiences? Thank you for posting this very interesting experience, and please post more about you and your family.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I admit that was really freaky. Just a suggestion. Keep taps on the house and its owners. Reason being, if there is ever a change in ownership you could ask them.

Also, I wanted to ask. Did you ever mention what happened to your friends and if so, what did they have to say?
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
If anybody knows of any good locations in Gauteng, I would be most interested to hear of them. Thanks.
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Ashville...nope, no investigations in the Cape yet... But on the list. There are lots of good places there I am sure. We are in Gauteng.

Shlain...thanks bru... Maybe mail me details- ghost.hunter970 [at] gmail.com.

And Rook- There are times I feel when I feel I can communicate, and other's when the entity is really hostile. This one was hostile to the point of bad. To be honest, I had no inclination to communicate with it at that stage.

Thanks for all of your responses, much appreciated.
Ghosthunter00 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
New people have bought the property and they not into people coming in to investigate. I feel it was the grandfather. Thanks Rozo. Check out our FB page- Ghost Hunters of Gauteng... Lots of SA stories their nro.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
At Ashville- what se my bra? Hoe gaan dit? Hahahaha...
I too am waiting for O/P to let us know what area he is in... Maybe have him come out and have a gander at some situations.

Shweet Ashville- stay well my bru! Kif!
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Interesting story... I love hearing more of these from South africa... And I'm laughing at rozoz boet, bru, lekker;) Sometimes throws me off when I'm on here, feel like the only one! Yeah, what area are you in? And seeing as you are a ghost hunter, have you done any investigation in the tableveiew are... By anychance...?:) (if you are in CT that is)
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Kack scary bru!

What area are you in? More than welcome to investigate at my house in CT.

Adios!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: