You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy College Bungalow

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy College Bungalow

 

This happened a little over 30 years ago, but I still think about it from time to time... I was in college, renting a pretty rundown bungalow with a roommate. Sometimes at night, I would get the feeling that I was being watched, particularly something watching from outside the small kitchen window. It wasn't just a 'watchful' feeling, but creepy, almost malevolent; I would almost run from the bathroom to my bedroom at night. I never mentioned these feelings to my roommate, thought that maybe my imagination was running away with me.

One Friday night, a friend was hanging out with me and my roommate. We were having a few drinks, playing cards. Out of the blue, my roommate looks at me and blurts out "Do you ever get the feeling you're being watched, that this place might be haunted"? I was a bit stunned - so it's not just me! I said that I got that feeling too and that I would almost run from the bathroom to my bedroom at night.

A few weeks later I was in my bedroom one night, just laying in bed by candlelight. It was winter so my bedroom window was shut, as was my bedroom door. There were no drafts or breezes coming into my bedroom. The candle flame didn't flicker or sputter. It just went out, like it had been snuffed out. That freaked me out a little, so I turned on my bedside lamp. The light bulb came on for a second, made a bit of a pop noise and went out. Now I was pretty scared. I jumped out of bed and went to open my bedroom door. The door knob came off in my hand. Now I was terrified. My bedroom door was an old wooden door with a pane of glass in it, with a little curtain over the glass for some privacy. Without even thinking, I put my fist through the glass to reach around and open my door from the other side... I had to get out of that room now!

Being a broke college student, my lamp was second hand, so certainly there could have been a faulty connection. And, light bulbs do just burn out on their own.

I had an issue before with the bedroom doorknob coming loose; at that moment, when my adrenaline was pretty high, I am sure I yanked the doorknob with quite a bit of force. But...

The candle, the light bulb and the door knob one after the other was absolutely terrifying. I moved out shortly after that. Several months later, I ran into my old roommate and came to find out that a small but quite old graveyard, hidden behind overgrown shrubs and weeds, was kitty-corner from that bungalow. True story. Paranormal? I'm convinced there was more to it than just a wonky lamp and loose doorknob.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sparkay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-22)
Hi again Sparkay

Maybe if you researched the history of the place it would help, maybe something happened there that could shed some light on what you and your friend experienced.
sparkay (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-20)
Hi Rajine:
I agree with you; I think the graveyard close to the bungalow was the reason why we felt we were being watched. I wonder if there was also an attachment to the bungalow itself - if someone had died in the bungalow and was buried in the graveyard that was basically across the road.
-S
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-18)
Hi Sparkay

I'd definitely be freaking out if all that had to happen all at once to me, I believe that the graveyard not to far from your residence could be the reason as to why you and your friend felt like your'll were always being watched.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: