You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Night Time Occurings In A Resthouse

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Night Time Occurings In A Resthouse

 

In the summer of last year I decided to visit Shimla with my parents. We took a train to Delhi then upon reaching we decided to go by road to Shimla, Chandigarh comes in the way, we decided to spend the night there as we thought driving in the night at such high altitude is not safe at all.

We had to stay in the railway resthouse by the side of the Chandigarh rly station (my father is in Indian Railways). When I saw the resthouse it was very beautiful. There were many small houses that had 2 rooms and a bathroom. We had to stay in one of them. As I said, it looked really good from outside.

We all were really tired and decided to quickly eat and go to sleep as it was already around 11 pm. When I entered the 1st room, which was a dining cum drawing room, I felt nothing as such, but then when I entered the second room, ie the bedroom, it felt like someone was already occupying it and a presence could be felt, but I didn't complain.

Next we decided to sleep. My parents were in deep sleep in about 2 minutes as they were tired of travelling, but it was really difficult for me to sleep because of the continuous feeling of being watched and it was already 1:15 am.

Then it all started, I heard someone walking in the 1st room. I looked from the corner of my eyes to find both my parents in sleep. It was not them! I decided to ignore this but then suddenly I realized that someone was knocking on the door of the bedroom, 2 at a time. This scared the hell outta me. I had never experience anything such as this in my life.

It kept on knocking for some time and then stopped. Well they were really soft knocks, but I swear they were there. As soon as they stopped, I dismissed all of it as it never happened and hid under the covers. But again the presence made me come out, only to find this time a dark shadow in the small dressing room attached to this room. It was pitch black at the time but it was darker than normal. It suddenly glided towards me but flew into the wall. I immediately woke up my mother and told her what I had just seen. She was too sleepy to get it so I let her sleep. I just took out her cellphone and started the Hanumaan Chalisa. Immediately everything felt a lot lighter happier and better. After listening for 15 minutes, I finally slept in peace.

In the morning when I was taking a bath in the bathroom I again felt the presence, so I got out of there as fast as I could. I didn't speak of it to my parents about it until we were halfway out of city.

Well what do you people think that thing was? Whatever it was, its presence made me uneasy!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pranjal96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
and to think the spirits should be used to the hanuman chalisa by now...
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Hi,There is a cemetry close by. May be it can be attributed to that.
sillygirl111 (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
I think you should research the place I always research places where I'd like to go find out what happened there and if you can't find anything then well it could be something you imagined it was late at night and you were tired
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
What did your parents have to say about this? Since your dad works for the railway, is it possible to get some history on the place? My suggestions would be past tenants of the place or people who have died died on the railway tracks.

I'm glad you didn't open the doors. I was told before that opening doors for ghosts is not a good thing because it's like opening doors for entities to enter and if they are bad ones, it's really hard to get rid of.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Hi pranjal, Chandigarh railway guesthouse, I was told by my friends has the presence of entities. People have also seen entities but two of my friends, who narrated to me also felt the same kind of presence in the bathroom and there was nothing harmful done towards them. So what you have experienced is definitely paranormal. Nice experience and thanks for sharing. But my advise to you, as you are a teenager, is that be courageous. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: