You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow People Or Mind Trick?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People Or Mind Trick?

 

I know a lot about ghost but I don't really know much about shadow figures. Ever since I was younger I believe I have had expierences with shadow ghosts.

This story started when I was 10 and I lived in my yellow house. My old house was built like a square and had two floors. The first floor all the rooms were connected with no door except the bathroom. When you walked through the door you were in the kitchen. If you walked straight you would end up in the living room and to the left were the stairs going up stairs. Then connected to the living room there was the computer room and when you walked in to the computer room to the right you would see the kitchen if you kept walking straight you would end up in the bathroom was connected to it.

What was really creepy about the house was that we knew that the old man who lived in the house before us died falling down the stairs. His name was Tom. He still lingers in the house though but he never leaves the upstairs. But that is a different story.

Whenever I would fall asleep in my living room I would wake up randomly (because I have sleep insomnia) and see a figure walking into my kitchen. This figure would be all black but took on the shape of my mom. So I thought it was my mom. I would follow it and call out for my mom. When the figure noticed me it would run from the kitchen into the computer room and disapear as it entered the bathroom. Sometimes I would think the figure was also my grandmother who died before I was born. Like for so, which I felt was the safest room in my house.

When I was 14 and a half my grandmother died and left her house to my step dad. We moved in 6 months later. Soon to find out this house was haunted to. Except I don't think it was my grandmothers spirit. I believe there are multiple. My mom is sensitive to the paranormal, as am I. She felt/feels the presence in both houses.

Two days ago I slept on the couch next to my step dad. I thought maybe whatever it was would not bother me at this house, especially since its been so long, but I was wrong. This time though it was standing by the tv just watching me. It made me feel scared. I stayed as calm as I could and walked into my room.

I haven't told my parents about the figure I kept seeing but my mom knows about the other experiences. Is this a shadow figure? Or is my mind playing tricks on me? Can someone give me more information on shadow figures please? My reason when I saw the figure I would think in my head grandma? I didn't know whether or not it was a shadow figure or my mind playing tricks on me.

Other hauntings by xoxorissaoxo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xoxorissaoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ladybird77 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Hi,
I might be able to tell you what these spots or sparkles you see at the corner of your eyes, they could be caused by a very real flaw in the eyes called "floaters". Your eyedoctor would be able to tell you. They are harmless, but annoying. I have quite a few stories myself, but not ready to start on them yet. Hope this helps you, I myself have quite a few of these floaters myself.
xoxorissaoxo (5 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Thanks everyone for the information. It has helped. The figure when I was at my yellow house took form of my mom. It was taller then me and slim. I was talking to my mom about the shadow figures after I posted the story. She had told me that her mom had the same body shape she does. At my grandma's house it was taller and didn't really talk on a shape kind of looked like a cloud. Also I have a random question. Sometimes when I am gazing off or sometimes it catches my eye but I see like glittery lines or just like a cloud of glitter. Does anyone know what that is?
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
xoxorissaoxo - Do you think it's the same shadow figure in this house as in the previous house? Its actions seem different - the first house, it ran away from you; and now you seem to have drawn its curiousity. So maybe they are different shadow people?

Spirits can become attached to people just as they can become attached to objects or to land, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be bad 😊

What sort of feelings to you get when you see this shadow? And aside from shadowy, what does it look like? Tall or short? Can you sense whether it is male or female?

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us - Please keep us updated! Shadow people are fascinating, it seems that, no matter how much you read up about them, it's never enough! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Marypatricia - not to seem as if you are being picked on and, yes you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. So I'm going to express mine 😊

I have another story I'm going to post sometime that might contradict what you think about "seeing things in the dark" and "your mind playing tricks on you" because I know for certain it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. It was my ghost man standing behind me. In the dark 😉
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
xoxorissaoxo - I've experienced what I believe to be a "shadow man." The shadow man I saw was completely harmless. As a matter of fact, he acted like my family, and even our home, didn't exist to him. He was so intent on what he was doing that it appeared as if "we" didn't exist. He had the appearance of Alfred Hitchcock.

My daughter has seen what rook referred to as "The Watcher/Observer." He appeared around the time she lost her dad. He never talked to her or interacted in anyway other than to let her know he was there. It seemed as if this lasted for months and then one day she didn't see him anymore. This "shadow man" was tall and wore a long black coat and a tall hat. And I remember her clearly telling me when I asked that he never scared her.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Marypatricia,

Are you trying to make millions of Teddy Bears unemployable? After all they have been Protecting innocent children from monsters under the bed since 1902.

(http://begemott.deviantart.com/#/dp4fv7)

No offence meant... Just getting a bit silly here at the end of my shift at work.

Respectfully,

Rook
Marypatricia (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I will give you my honest opinion if it is dark in the room where this shadow figure watches you, than I would assume you are seeing things. I have a ghost in the house I live in now, I always think I see her but I haven't seen her yet. If you look in any dark room you will see things moving. It's mind tricks. Thanks for sharing your story and I hope I helped:)
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I believe demons have reason to follow someone more so than a ghost, as demons tend to mean that of harm or unpleasantness where as spirits have many other reasons for being here, from not realizing they are dead, to watching over people 😊

I also believe ignoring the Shadow people is a good thing not only from what I've read and heard but from what I've seen in movies (those ideas have to come from somewhere possibly their own experiences just more exaggerated?)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
There are many different ideas concerning what shadow 'people' are, here are just 3:

1) Watchers/ Observers

2) 'Dark' spirits that enjoy the atmosphere created by fear.

3) 'Normal' spirits that have only found enough energy to appear as a 'black form'.

As far as spirits not being able to follow you, only demons can... In My Opinion that is not true. A spirit/ghost can become attached to an individual or object and by doing so it can/will travel with them. A spirit can also 'project' itself over long distances to appear to Family or Loved Ones in different Locations. So the idea that only 'demons' can follow you is a bit 'extreme'.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
jeffosirius (1 stories) (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
i'm not sure but I will say this a ghost won't follow you only a demon can follow you, I say this not out of thought or thinking or opinion, shadow people from years of experience don't harm you they observe you and they stay in one form usually just like a shadow with missing shadow holes as eyes, I have heard that they can appear alone or I my case in threes, your not losing your mind your probably accessing new parts of it, what's crazy is I have insomnia also and bad sleep walking, you i'm guessing have a open mind,i'm sorry I have no advice other than breath when it happens again. GOD bless and your grandma will protect you from harm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: