You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Watching Us Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Watching Us Sleep

 

I moved in with my boyfriend 1 1/2 years ago. We have been together 5 years now and are expecting our first child. He moved into this apartment before I joined him, after I relocated from Ohio. I was never really a fan of this place and he only chose it because during that time in his life he didn't have a car or many options- it was in a close proximity to where he was staying at that time in his life so it was easy for him to move here. The apartment needs a lot of repairs, is tiny and barely has storage. When he moved in there was still a bed from the previous tenant, as well as medications with Chinese writing and other items in the kitchen cabinets.

I am a very sensitive person in general. Though I have never been plagued by hauntings I can be extremely empathetic and affected by energies. I have to spend a lot of time alone to re-center myself. When I first moved in here I was depressed but I write that off to relocating from a life where I was very independent and lived alone. This was something to get used to. I felt some bad vibes after a week of living here. After a few days of just being really bummed out I decided to throw away the remaining items from the previous tenant (luckily the furniture was removed before I even arrived,) and I decided to sage the entire apartment. After that, I kind of settled in.

Fast forward, the only thing strange that really happened since moving in was I went through this short phase, at the end of last year, of waking up in the middle of the night because I have always had trouble sleeping. I would wake up between 12am-4am and go to the living room and fall asleep on the couch. One of these nights, I think it was 3/4am, as I was falling asleep on the couch the room smelled like my grandmother's perfume. My grandmother passed away in 2009. When I think back on it, I think it was around the time my son was conceived so I feel like that was her "checking in" because I had gotten pregnant. I hadn't had anything happen like that since.

This brings me to a few weeks ago: My boyfriend had gone to use the bathroom and when he came out he said he was startled because he saw the shadow of a person at the end of the hallway, which leads to the living room. This was in the middle of the day. That kind of creeped us both out.

A week later (two weeks prior to me posting this,) we were in bed. My boyfriend fell asleep before me and I noticed he was talking in his sleep, which he has done before but not in quite a long time. I eventually was able to fall asleep but a couple hours later I was woken up, suddenly, to the sound of him talking. We were laying down facing each other in the middle of the bed, when I opened my eyes and saw the shadow of a person right behind him. It was just the upper portion of a person. I saw a head, shoulders, chest, arms and hands that were resting on my boyfriend's side. No details. It looked like it was looking down on us sleeping.

Since I have a hard time sleeping, and I was actually tired that night, I didn't want to acknowledge this thing and make a deal about it because I tend to freak myself out before bed when I read ghost stories from YGS. Haha. So, I asked my boyfriend "are you okay?" for some reason. I wasn't scared and I didn't feel any bad energy coming from this shadow. My boyfriend mumbled something in his sleep and I laid my head back down and dozed off again.

I haven't experienced anything like this before or since but two nights ago when he was working a second job, between 10pm-3am, I was trying to sleep. I was woken up to the feeling of being pushed. I looked at my cat and she was sleeping at my feet, undisturbed. I managed to doze off but I was woken up, again, to a much stronger push. After that I just turned Hulu on my phone and waited for my boyfriend to get home. I told him about what happened and he said that I tend to jerk when I first fall asleep sometimes. I just thought it was weird because that has never happened to me. I have never jerked myself awake like that. It felt like someone was shoving me from behind.

Other hauntings by SilenceRecited

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilenceRecited, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-03)
Sounds like you may have moved in to a haunted house. I lived in one for 3 years and never knew what to do. It's great to have this website to get some ideas and help. ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
Greetings, SilenceRecited.

First, it's a positive note that you did not feel any anger, animosity, or "bad energy" from the shadow figure at that time.

That said, shadow figures can be divided into several groups: indifferent, good, and bad. Though few people have claimed to see large numbers of shadow figures, those who do make the claim suggest that the majority of the shadows are minding their own business & ignoring us. There are even fewer people who claim to have interacted with good/positive shadow figures, but they do make that claim. The majority of shadow interactions tend to be accompanied by negative descriptions, fear, etc. Some people who've seen the "indifferent" shadow figures state that if they stare too long and get the attention of a shadow, their reactions to the living person tend to be hostile.

While it is possible, given the above statements, that there was nothing amiss in what you experienced that night, the shadow person may have noticed your wakefulness, and is now beginning to behave in an negative manner. This concerns me because you "are expecting our first child."

Please consider the details in the moment you were "woken up to the feeling of being pushed." It's not unusual for people to make some last twitches while all of the muscles are relaxing for sleep. My wife does this pretty regularly while I'm still reading to the end of a chapter of my book. This behavior has *never* woken her up; it has startled me to being fully awake on a few occasions, but not very often. From my own experience, that reaction feels more like a relaxing shudder. You state that you felt "pushed." Where was the sensation: legs, arms, shoulders, neck, head, back, torso, belly...?

I would recommend that you perform a cleansing ritual to move the spirit out of your home. I'll post the one from Rook's home page at the bottom of this comment. It can be done with or without a religious ritual, depending upon your personal affiliations & beliefs. If you are a religious person, it couldn't hurt for you to get a minister of your faith to perform a blessing so you'll be less anxious about the arrival of your first child.

While the age-old claim of "eating for two" when pregnant is not exactly true, you do have to think about being **protective** for two for the next couple of decades.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best,
Biblio.

*****Rook's Cleansing Method*****

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: