You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: New Apartment, New Life, New Spooks... Or Are They?

Real Ghost Stories

New Apartment, New Life, New Spooks... Or Are They?

 

I have moved out on my own with my beautiful girlfriend and we are due to be married in about a year, we bought this sucky basement apartment.

Anyway enough about my life here is my story in our new apartment there have been a few odd occurrences... One of which stands out in my head. I was in the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye I see this figure with black hair appear in the corner of my eye walk into the kitchen from the bedroom. At first I thought my girlfriend had gotten out of bed to see how the dishes were coming but when I fully turned to say something no one was there. I walked into the bedroom to ask if she had come in but she was fast asleep with her note books sprawled all around her, so it wasn't her. I asked her after about it and the first thing she said we maybe it was my Lola (grandmother). She believes that her grandmother was her guardian spirit and she was just checking me out.

This is not the first time this spirit or maybe more than one has come to bother us. When we first moved in I had left for an exam and I got a phone call half way to school and it was my girlfriend asking if I had left yet because she heard foot steps on the upper level above our room leading to the house upstairs' kitchen. I told her to go check and make sure that the people up stairs were home. She went and checked even texted a few of them. And they were all writing exams or on holidays. I came home and she was pretty freaked out and hasn't liked being by her self since.

Another occurrence involving my girlfriend happened 2 months ago. She left to go have a shower and I was watching television. All of a sudden I hear her scream and run back to the bedroom in her bathrobe. And she ran to me and said she saw a shadow as she was getting into the shower and asked if I had come in. I said no (which I hadn't truth be told I was half asleep on the bed). She said it was about 5feet and one inch tall and looked like a human shadow. I walked her to the bathroom to inspect and see if anything in there could produce such a shadow and nothing could remotely make such a shadow. I do stand by the fact that it is her Lola watching over her. But just choses the wrong times to do so.

Tell me what you think so I can calm my girlfriend down.

Other hauntings by Reaper666343

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reaper666343, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
No problem Reaper, I am glad you found my input helpful. I am looking forward to hearing your follow up stories! Keep us posted on whether the cleansing method cuts down on the activity too (if you do decide to try it, that is)! Talk soon!
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
thank you for the input Nikki that was very helpful and I found the method, and it seems interesting to me. A few thing have happened in the past few weeks and I will be putting a updated story about this one very shortly because some more odd things have happened, I hope you can help me with some input again, keep in touch

Reaper:)
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Time to tell what ever it is to get the heck out of your living area, even if it is a basement. It seems to like to be by your lady, and if I were you I'd tell it to go away before her fear adds to its energy. Pray for strength if you believe and tell it to go!
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Hi Reaper, your story is very fascinating to me. Unfortunately IMO it does not sound as if this spirit is her grandmother; I believe if it was you both wouldn't be scared from its presence. The feelings you get when it [her grandmother] is around should be warm and comforting, not fearful.

I believe my guardian angel watches over me too and both my fiance and I have had experiences with him in our home and they are indeed weird and puzzling but we never get negative or scared feelings off it.

It seems to me like your fiance had some negative experience in the past with this spirit and she is scared to talk about it - maybe you could coax her into opening up to you about it, I bet she would feel better after you knew everything too; however, don't push too hard if she seems really reluctant, its her experiences and if she doesn't want to share them than that's okay.

As for dealing with this presence you have, providing you both agree that this most likely isn't her grandmother, you could try Rooks cleansing method on the home. He has mentioned it plenty of times on previous stories - if you are interested I could find you one that has it. I haven't personally tried it myself because I enjoy the tom-foolery of the spirits in my home (lol) but I have heard plenty of good reviews about it.

Anyways, that's just my opinion on the situation. I hope everything works out for you and thanks for sharing your story:)

Nikki
JordanElizabethBell (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Sometimes it helps if you talk to her (if it is the grandmother) maybe shes just lonely and wants atention try putting something that she likes around like flowers or simply a picture with a memory in it like a family diner or birthday or an event like that:)
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Well, I have tried to ask her if she had seen anything before but she changes the subject quickly, she gets uptight and scared talk about this stuff, I really don't know why. Its not like the ghost is walking around and hurting her. For more of a general description from the corner of my eye, I only saw black hair whiteish facial "skin" and it looked Asian (my girlfriend is from the Philippines) but i'm not sure which Asian culture this specter was.
Buzz_man123 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
A little research on the house always helps, you may find that someone lived there before who's general description (hair colour, height etc) match's that of the grandmother.

Also as cronisha says if there had been no sightings before you moved It is very unlikely that the grandmother would only just start to present itself.

Many say that if you do not feel comfortable around the entity then it is not there to do good, but I feel that paranormal goings on alone are enough to cause you to be nervous, even if a entity was "nice" I would still be freaked and definitely not at ease! Then again I have never experienced a Ghost sighting so maybe it is different.

If you do research the house please comment and tell us your findings!

Liam
CronishaxGurl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
If your girlfriend hasn't seen or heard anything like this before you moved, I have high doubts it's her grandmother.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Okay, first of all, do not be afraid. Ask to see some pictures of Lola, to see if the ghost and the person match up and if your girlfriend can give a description of her Lola's ghost, even better. Personally, in my mom's house, we always thought that the ghost could be my mom's grandma because it liked to pull small pranks and was always childlike. While it did freak us out a little bit, we were never actually afraid of that particular entity. We always knew when it was her and when it was something different.

Basically, talk to her calmly about it in a location outside of the apartment, that way there isn't any tension of just being there.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
The facts that are given make it hard to really give an educated answer, I do have a few questions.

1. Has your girlfriend ever seen the same ghost that you have seen and if so does it look like her grandmother?

2.Why do you all believe it is her grandmother, is there any basis or is this just a hopeful wish of hers and yours?

When you say it bothers you all I assume that the feeling is uncomfortable when it is around, if that is the case I would say it is probably not someone watching over her but I could be wrong. I assume that she has never actually made out this figure and from what you say it seems neither have you, just maybe some basic features.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: