You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal Reoccurrences At Home And To My Baby Sister

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Reoccurrences At Home And To My Baby Sister

 

My father moved into a new house and it was a little spooky at first and it was a little unnerving, but he had assured my sister and I there was nothing to fear. After a while we had seen shadows in the corner of our eyes and doors shutting but dismissed it as our imagination.

After a few months of living at this new house, our father had his girlfriend and her four year old move in with us. While playing the four year old would stop and stare at a spot right over her bed and talk to it. Again we dismissed it as nothing, but started to grow uneasy.

As time went on, paranormal happenings became more frequent and severe. For instance footsteps, or what sounded like a man stomping in boots, was heard constantly and when someone would run to check the room it would stop. Doors would swing wide and slam shut with no manipulation or reason. Lights will go on and off or flicker randomly. The most common thing was voices. When in another room, giggling and talking from what sounded like a young girl was always heard and the four year old would almost always be sleeping or in the same room as me and never spoke.

Accepting something else was going on in the house, we became more attentive to our surroundings and just to be safe hung crosses in every room and rosaries over everyone's bed. Soon rosaries were found broken and the stomping and voices became more and more frequent and louder. Then in the middle of the night we would awaken panic stricken and with the feeling that someone was watching us. Dark shadows were constantly moving and it became more and more difficult to stay home alone comfortably. Seeking some help, we got a family friend to help us cleanse our house and for awhile it helped immensely.

Unfortunately, now the four year old is becoming uneasy and afraid of most things, and is having fits of fear especially at night at something she is seeing. Even more unfortunate her speech is very challenged so it's near impossible to understand what she is seeing. All we can understand is it's female and it likes watching her. She says "Kay, it's a 'woof' and she's scaring me". I have asked her if it's a wolf, if a dog bark is scaring her and numerous other things and I STILL haven't the slightest clue what she's saying and to this day whatever it is scares her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KieLynn2198, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

doorperson (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
This is my favourite ghost story on this website! Poor little girl. Is she still four? Ask her when she's older what she saw (if she remembers)
KieLynn2198 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
and yes galleygal of course we have our share of shadows in the corner and such but only the 4 year old actually sees clearly something and now tells us its on her dresser at night. There has been an excessive amount of stress at home which we are thinking is heightening these accounters so we are working on that as well to help.
KieLynn2198 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Thanks for all the advice everyone it is greatly appreciated and RabbitHeartedGirl that is actually a very good point. We cleansed our house and put a glass with some holy water under her bed which seems to help a lot. She also has become quite fond of sleeping near a sister which also has helped keep peace as sonri mentioned. Thank you again everyone for your comments!
RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
I was thinking that if she has a problem with her speech maybe 'woof' means 'woman'? Like she can only pronounce the 'Wo' part but can't complete the rest? I don't know it's hard to say when you haven't seen for yourself but it's only a suggestion.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Maybe, she could draw what she is seeing. Perhaps that could give you a better impression than her words.
If she sleeps alone, she may need some company, a doll, a puppy, or ideally someone that loves her, to hold her, keep an eye on her at night, to smooth her forehead and tell her its all right when she's having a bad dream. Someone prepared to wake whenever she stirs.
Comforting dolly could help comfort her. Poor baby.
Something as simple as changing where she sleeps could help. Some spirits do seem to pick their specific little places, though I don't know why this is. Please, let us know how things go.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
KieLynn,

Before everything that is happening gets 'chalked up' to the paranormal Night Terrors need to be ruled out for your 4 year old step sister.

Galleygal has a point cleansings need to be repeated... Just like cleaning your home of dust and dirt it's something that needs to be done every so often.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
[at] kielynn - maybe you should repeat that cleansing! If I understand correctly, everyone hears the stomping, but only the child sees something (potentially)?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: