You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The House That Is Older Than Me

Real Ghost Stories

The House That Is Older Than Me

 

Our house was older than I was and it hasn't been blessed ever since. My grandpa was a faith healer before he became a bookkeeper and did not believe in the teachings of the Church albeit he was Catholic.

My mom shared her experience with me. It happened when I was 2 months old. Dad was away that time. Since mobile phones wasn't invented at that time yet, my mom went downstairs to answer dad's call. She left me on the bed since I was sleeping and surrounded me with pillows to protect me from falling in case I move. But I was still 2 months that time, mom was confident that I will still be just right where she left me. When she was talking with dad, she heard a loud "thump" from upstairs that jolted her. Thinking that maybe it was me who fell down, she hurried upstairs but as she was ascending, she did not hear me cry. Confused, she hurriedly went to the room only to find pillows on the bed. Frantic as she was, she looked under the bed and there she saw me, still sleeping, "on a pillow." Until this day, it still puzzles her. She believed it was my angel. But why?

Another happened circa 1990, when I was in elementary. It was summer break. I was in my parents' room with my mom and my younger sister watching TV. Dad was at work and would always drop by at 3:00 in the afternoon to bring us some snacks. It was almost 3:00 pm and mom told us that dad will arrive any minute. Suddenly, we heard three knocks on the door and mom hurriedly opened it, saying "ta-DA!" and to our surprise, no one was there. Dad has his own way of knocking, making it sound like a rhythm, so basically the knock we heard was really different from dad's. Minutes later, dad arrived and surprised to see us huddled close together, he asked, "What happened to you three?" Then we told him what happened and skeptic as he was, he shrugged it off saying it was nothing.

The happenings in our house seem to transpire occasionally. When I was in my senior year in high school, I stayed up late to study for an exam. My bed was positioned near the door and I was studying at the edge of the bed when I hear something just outside the door. It was like a ball bouncing three times then it stopped. I tried to analyze what ball it was, it kind of sound like a plastic ball, like those used in the Christmas balls that we have. I debated with myself whether or not I should open the door. But I was afraid that if I open it, I would see whoever or whatever it was that played with the ball. I decided to sleep with the lights on.

When I woke up the next morning, I saw the ball that I pictured out the previous night on the bottom of the shoe rack. I took it and let it bounce three times. It was the same sound I heard last night! But there is no way it could bounce on its own. I told my mom about it and she told me to pray the next time I will experience anything like that, and that they went to bed early that night.

After my grandpa died, my dad then joined the Sacred Heart of Jesus organization in our diocese and eventually became the President. We were not allowed to have dogs when grandpa was alive and when he passed away, my parents decided it's time to own one. We were blessed with more when mama doggie gave birth.

One afternoon the dogs started acting and barking frantically at the back of our house, facing to the wall of my grandpa's sister's house. The house is a 2-storey, bigger then ours. The 2nd floor has four big rooms and it had been empty for many years when my cousin's family moved to US. Only the first floor is being used. To add up to the creepiness of that house, when my grandpa passed away, a relative of theirs, who was depressed and was into drugs, committed suicide by hanging himself on the living room of that house. Dad tried to calm the dogs but they kept on barking, though I knew him as a skeptic, he then got the holy water from our altar and prayed the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy. The dogs stopped barking.

Our house remained its gloomy appearance until now and is still not blessed though they are planning to have it blessed by this year.

Other hauntings by dxm04

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dxm04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dxm04 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Thanks for reading guys. Yeah I agree with you all. To have our house blessed is still a thing that I need to talk over with my dad and grandma, since I am married already and I don't live there anymore. I'll try to convince them that it should be blessed this year. Once again, thank you for reading and for sharing your thoughts! God bless! 😁
dxm04 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Hi [at] bluemer04! To answer your question, my grandpa had "retired" from being a faith healer. Though I know he wasn't that typical albularyo that we Filipinos pictured out. He was just known as a healer back in the days. My former classmate's mom shared her experience with my grandpa. When she had pain on her ears, she went to see my grandpa and said that grandpa did some "chant" or whatever you call that, and a piece of cotton came out from her ears after that. I have seen him meditating with a triangular pendant and with words that I cannot understand. When he passed away, I checked his drawers and I found some books about telepathy, communicating with the dead, astral projection, etc. My mom took it away when she found out that my sister and I became interested in reading those. It still puzzles me as to what cult or what kind of god my grandpa worships. But I also found Jesus and Mama Mary's image in his prayer room.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Hello:

After reading loads of stories, I think sometimes what might be interpreted as skepticism, may actually be a parent wanting to minimize and deny the activity in order to protect their family, especially young children. He might have felt that acknowledging something might give it power and that it was best not to do so. As you got older you saw him take action, so you now know that he does believe.
House blessings may need to be done periodically, especially if there is unwanted activity. A single one may not be as effective as doing them regularly.
Blessings,
Lynev
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Nice story, I just have a question though, you said your dad was a "faith healer", is it some kind of "albularyo" or shaman? As here in the Philippines that's how we call it. Do you happen to know if your granda did any healing in the house as for that being said maybe your granda was able to attract spirits whether good or bad. Since spirits have the ability to know/find if a person can sense/talk to them. Maybe that's why you are experiencing that kind of phenomena. And also I agree with them since you're a catholic as well, I assume there's no harm if you will get the house blessed. Get some kind of protection from the church as well and most especially your faith comes into play to. Please take care.
Kshaya_SL (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
nice story and agree with ashar123, its good if the house get blessed quickly, Thanks for sharing! 😊
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Nice title! And also a nice story. I think you should get it blessed as early as possible because it is causing you trouble. Good Luck and Take Care! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: