You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Guardian From Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

A Guardian From Beyond

 

This happened to me about a handful of times when I was in about 11th grade. If you have experienced mind numbing, painful, paralyzing terror than you will be able to relate to what I am about to recount. If you haven't my advice would be to try and remember a time in your life when you might have been the most terrified you could be and then try to imagine that magnified significantly.

I will shed a little background as to when this all began and hope not to offend anyone in the process. I had a friend - and for privacy purposes I will not divulge in any names - who proclaimed to be into Wicca. Now I am not saying that these practices are bad but I do believe that when practiced without a fundamental knowledge of what you are doing things can go utterly wrong.

Not far into our friendship she told me she had a deck of Tarot cards. Now, not really having any idea what these things were and not having the good sense to ask her or know if she knew how to use them properly I agreed to use them with her. She came over and we went to my bedroom and she laid them out on my bed and told me to ask them questions. We played with them for a while and before long I thought to myself "well this is a pretty cool game."

Now, I use the word "play" and "game" because at this point I had no other knowledge of what exactly I was doing. The fault is my own as I should have researched heavily just what I was getting myself into. Before long every time we got together we were hunched over the tarot cards faithfully. She also showed me a spell book her family owned along with a number of spells and rituals.

One school night she stayed over at my house and told me to keep the tarot cards with me. I tucked them into my sock drawer not wanting anyone to know I had them. Now that I think about it I wonder if she was trying to hand them off in fear. She had recounted hauntings and dark entities in the house they lived in and I believe that she may have let something in through her practices. After a while I gave the cards back as they scared me and our friendship soon fizzled out.

Not soon after this I was in bed one night and started to wake around 3:00 AM. I am not sure what woke me but what followed was one of the few times I have been the most terrified in my life.

I slowly began to open my eyes when my body lurched forward with the weight of someone sitting down on the edge of my bed. It was heavy and with my body facing the edge of my bed I realized no one was there. In an instant my body had gone rigid and I was unable to move. I instantly felt terrified but at the same time had the relentless urge to fight - for what I do not know. Soon the feeling subsided and I lay in bed too scared to move.

This occurred a few times after that to the point of barely being able to go in my own bedroom and definitely too frightened to sleep there. It stopped for a while until I believe whatever or whoever went for its objective one night. Why? I again do not know.

This time I woke abruptly to what I can only describe as an attack. Again my body lurched forward to someone sitting on the edge of my bed and as usual no one was there. My instinct to fight was even stronger now. Although from an outward appearance I was frozen in stone unmoving what took place from within felt like a fight for my very soul. Kicking and screaming deep from within I fought.

To this day I am not sure what took place next but I will try to describe it to all of you the best I can.

"You shall not enter!" Yelled a voice that could have shook sky scrapers into bits of rubble. It was a voice so beautiful and kind yet so powerful. It was a voice that could only be described as heavenly and still to this day renders me somewhat speechless. The voice was that of a man's that radiated age and wisdom.

With that it was over and whatever had been there immediately vanished - the fight was over. I laid there frozen and speechless for a time. I was too exhausted to move.

I researched the internet for a scientific explanation of what I had been experiencing and resulted in finding many accounts of Sleep Paralysis.

Whatever it may have been I will be forever thankful that I had a guardian there with me that night.

Other hauntings by Blinky

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blinky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-08)
i had one episode of "sleep paralysis" it happened in a trailer in SC I was working as a waitress and had been pulling in over 60 hours a week and so if I may go ahead and say that I could possibly be wrong on this. But here is what happened. I got off work on Sun morning at 8:30 Am went home and stripped and collapsed in bed after maybe 30 minutes I wanted a smoke so I went to turn over but couldn't move the room I had the windows were covered with black trash bags seeing I mainly worked 3rd shift the room was intensly black I assumed my nieghbors were fighting as I heard intense shouting then a whisper in my ear "do not move" then I felt something on the back of my head and a pinch what I assume was a gun shot my body went cold and I just stared at the back of my husbands head for what seemed like hours when I was able to move I hurt all over from me clinching every muscle in my body and I had a migraine all night long. But after waking up to go to work that night I was fine excpet my headache... But that was my only time dealing with that and from I felt I never want that to happen ever again! Have you had any other happenings as the sleep paralysis?
VioletWillows (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Sounds like you had a recurring nightmare combined with sleep paralysis. The paranoia about the tarot cards could have turned into your dream
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
As for my behavior earlier, I apologize to everyone here for my rudeness and cavalier attitude. There is no excuse for it and it is no ones fault but my own.

[at] Granny...

You were right, I am altogether stepping over the line here. My sincerest apologies for all that I've said here, and in our emails, regarding trolls.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Blinky,
After reading your account a second time I have just a couple of points I'd like to hit upon.
The first being the issue of the Tarot Cards. In my opinion, Tarot cards hold no evil intent. They are not a play thing, but they simply are not a gateway into evil.
Second, are your bouts with sleep paralysis. Yes, it is known by many that what occurs during these bouts seems very real. Most sufferers of this malady have reported to have experienced the feeling of an evil presence. In my opinion, this is brought on by the unbridled fear of not being able to move or speak.
If you have been able to find articles about sleep paralysis, I suggest you keep reading. Don't stick with one source either, check others as well.

Jav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Blinky - sometimes comments are made by "trolls" and deleted before many people get the chance to see them and it does create a lot confusion, especially when the other comments are left. And other times situations arise where comments are taken out of text. Unfortunately both happened this time.

Most of the time it can be worked out and I'm glad in this case it did. 😊
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Hi Blinky,

Thank you for the apology! 😊
And don't worry about it, we all say stuff we shouldn't at times.

I try to keep an eye out for blatant trolls on the site, because they annoy me so much.

~clever 210 ❤
Blinky (2 stories) (13 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Clever- I sincerely apologize to you. I was out of line and I should have made clear exactly what you were talking about instead of saying what I did. So, I would like to actually thank you as well for pointing out a negative comment on my story and bringing it to attention. I hope you can forgive me.

Miracles- As for your comment... There is no offense taken and you are right it was uncalled for.

Shellzy- Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't get on the site as I was away from my computer and I didn't happen to see the previous comment that Clever had reported.

Jav- Thanks for being kind. I appreciate that you gave me the benefit of the doubt. I will keep my eye out for these negative posters on other stories. I made a mistake and shouldn't have been so quick to make an uncalled for attack on Clever.

Sorry everyone.
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
It does seem as if you had a guardian angel or something guarding you at that moment. That is really good. I believe we are very vulnerable when we sleep and anytime you use tarot cards you are opening yourself up to whatever entities surround that type of amusement. It should be taken seriously. Your right that it is not a game. I feel we all have someone or something watching over us. I would feel free to ask it to continue to watch over you. I won't force my beliefs on anyone so we will leave it at that. It sounds like you learned from your experience that we are surrounded by good and evil entities and that those types of amusements have real basis for concern. I have been there so I know. I used the ouija board though. I opened the door to a lot of things I had rather not have known existed. So in the future be careful and thankful your guardian was there. It may have been sleep paralysis but even with that I feel it can be linked to the supernatural. I to have experienced that as well.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Blinky - I apologize to you if you took that remark about you trolling seriously. My first comment to you was serious, though, but the troll remark was not.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
The email is sent granny.

Jav

505050505050505050505050505050
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Other people were willing to let it go, but you want to turn the tables on this mistake and make Blinky the troll? Give it up, or at least apologize. But don't make it worse.

Jav
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Okay, that's it... There was a troll on your story Blinky... Clever brought it to the attention of the mods... The comment was deleted, and clever is not an ugly person in any way, shape or form...

Jave: What the hell are you talking about?...Please don't answer me here, an e-mail will work...

Let's get back to the topic, m'kay?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
The only other thing I've got to say in this matter has to do with the pile up on someone who made a simple mistake. Threatening to make them the troll is out of line. And more troll like than what Blinky did, by far.
I'll bet you never thought once about it being a mistake, and treating it as such. No, from the looks of it, it has become an all out attack.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Don't feel bad Blinky. And don't let the pile up scare you. If you really want to know who the trolls are around here just sit back and watch. You'll catch them fairly easy. They like to go around and profess negativity when they have nothing better to offer. They can delete posts where they want. And they will pile up on you when they can.

Jav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Blinky - wow...seriously? Ummm...geez, completely and totally uncalled for. Clever's comment was not directed at or to you.

The "troll" comment was deleted because it was breaking the guidelines of the site. Are you breaking guidelines that would cause you to be considered a "troll?" 😉
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Um, Blinky... I have no idea who you even are and no I was not referring to you. I was referring to someone whose posts were removed by the Mods, because they were, in fact, trolling.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Hi Blinky

The troll comment was not directed at you. There was a previous comment below that was 'preaching' some religious views and has been deleted by the mods as it was true troll material.
😊

This comment from Blinky is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Ha,ha clever, we need a BIG can of troll spray! Psssh Psssh spray spray! 😆 50 50 50 50
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Not again! Same troll! Go away troll. Where's the troll spray?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: