You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In The Corner Of My Eye

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In The Corner Of My Eye

 

This happened a few years ago, in the middle of the day when I was working from home in a small city in central Sweden. My work station was in the living room, at the far end corner of the room.

I was home alone, working by the computer with my back turned to the room behind me, where my son had days before built a Lego tower. It was a tall and sturdy construction, which had been standing there untouched for several days.

All of a sudden I saw a fast, dark shadow pass in the corner of my eye on my left side, it was as if it came from behind me and "went into" the wall next to me. A split second after I became aware of the shadow, the Lego tower behind me crashed down to the ground with a loud bang. I had no windows open since this was in the middle of freezing winter, there was no draft what so ever that could have pushed the tower over. It had been standing proudly in its place for days - it was as if the movement of the shadow I saw had "blown it over" in its path. If anything, it blew my mind. After that, no Lego towers were left standing over night after play time was over in that apartment.

Battery toys in my son's room would also go off on their own at times, and he would not sleep a full night in there for the whole time we lived in that apartment. He was very young at the time, and it could just be due to feeling uncomfortable sleeping alone in there and nothing to do with supernatural causes. Other than that, we really loved that apartment and lived there for many years.

Other hauntings by emily12

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emily12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

emily12 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Hi ivory, sds and lovebug, thanks for your comments! I did feel as if the presence was in the apartment on and off, it came and went. There was a "peak" of sounds around the week leading up to our move, as if the spirit or energy sensed that something was going on. I am amazed and intrigued by these unexplainable things that happen to us all once in a while, I have had several experiences through the years - thanks for reading!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Hello emily12, I agree with ivory and lovebug. I don't think the spirit meant any harm. But it is a really scary encounter and I could understand how much you would have been shaken when the Lego Towers fell. I also feel that the spirit or the ghost was in some hurry and could have shaken it accidentally. Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
i would like to make I guess about what you experience. Maybe a ghost just passed by in your room and in his or her haste to pass by without you noticing much of it he or she accidentaly crashd the tower down.
And i'll agree with lovebug, as long as it doesn't harm or interrupt your family's life just ignore them as much as you can.
lovebug (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
It sounds like it's not a demon so don't worry about it and I actually study lots of paranormal stuff and I think it is just a harmless spirit so do not be scared or make it angry

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: