You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Deep Breathing

Real Ghost Stories

Deep Breathing

 

This is starting to freak the hell out of me. I've been ignoring it for a while now but its getting worse so please help me?!

It all started this one night when I got into bed I was on facebook on my phone for a while but eventually decided to curl down and go to sleep. It was about 3am when I first heard it.

A low breathing next to my bed could be heard. I was so scared I couldn't move. It got louder and louder and I became so scared I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, with out looking to see what or who was there.

I told my Mum and Dad but they didn't believe me said I was just dreaming but I know I wasn't as I was defiantly awake when it happened.

For a while there was nothing it was all OK but there was little things like all the electric in the house would just turn off for no reason and then come back on again. I would hear people walking around upstairs when we are all downstairs.

Then about 2 weeks later I heard it again. I went to bed early about 10 and then I was almost asleep when it woke me up again, this time I jumped up and looked and there was a dark shadow at the side of my bed. I stared at it for a while and it faded.

I again told my parents who didn't believe me. My Nanna suggested covering the mirror in my room, as its the portal to the other dimension.

I did it the night after the shadow appeared. It just seemed to make it more angry as it came into my room that night and breathed again. I could feel the breath on my neck, when it started to whisper and it got louder and louder until it was shouting in my ear, I started crying and shouting for my mum.

My mum came in and said she didn't see anything but she is starting to believe me.

Please help me I'm too scared to go in my room or sleep there let me know what you think I should do please.

Other hauntings by Hunni4898

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hunni4898, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

katcyn19 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
this story really scares me a lot... I don't want to experience things like this...
Maybe you should listen to your nanna.
Prayer can help you...
tatiacashman (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
your naan was right. To cover up the mirror is a smart idea because it is true that ghosts and spirits come out of their. Try telling whatever this thing is to stop. It will keep coming back as long as you are scared of it
So stand up to it next time it comes. If that does not work just get rid of any mirror in your room. Good luck and be brave.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
Sorry pressed the button before I completed my questions.

(2) Is there anything in your life that might have triggered something like this to happen?

(3) Has anybody else in the house experienced anything?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
As already suggested, try Rook's cleansing method. But I have some questions for you.

(1) You mentioned that you experience this starting a few weeks ago. Have you experienced anything paranormal in your life or home?
SearcherSeeker (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
You're getting good advice here by people who really seem to care but I felt so bad for what you are going through I wanted to add a few things. I think it is important during this time that you stay away from watching any scary shows or movies and being careful of what you let into your world. Keep your thoughts as positive as possible during this time and while doing rook's cleansing steps. If prayer is of your faith, praying is a good way to focus and concentrate if you feel distracted. I'm sorry your parents don't believe this. Its so hard for us parents to know how to react to things! If you want to rant or vent feel free to send me email although I do not have experience with these entities. There are many people (like Rook) who can give you that advice. Take care and let us know how it goes.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Hello Hunni4898, I could realise how scary you must have felt during the encounters. As Rook said try out his cleansing method. It helps and I know that it holds good for all the faiths. As Rook said, it works out well after the second time. Till such time, it is better that you have a companion to sleep with you in the room. But don't show that you are scared. Be courageous. I know it is easy to say than practice. But still, if the entity that is troubling you and if it is malafide, then your fear fuels its activities. Don't just give in. God be with you. Keep us posted of your further experiences, if any.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
We can't have you scared of your own room now can we? Please try this, you may find it helps... PLEASE NOTE TWO THINGS: 1ST: If the 'spirit' is not 'malevolent/evil' or negative in nature this will not 'make it go away'. 2ND: It may take 'preforming' this more than once to take full effect... Think of it like dusting... How often do you get all the dust on the first wipe?

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
AelouaOfTheClouds (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
I have had a similar experiance at the house I used to live in.

At night, deep breathing and whispering was heard...

But never shouting.

You might want to contact a priest, or use Rook's method (I have used it twice before, worked well).

The spirit seems a lot more hostile then the young girl who would whisper to me at night...

The only thing is, if you show fear, the spirit may take advantage of you. I suggest having a friend over to sleep in your room, but if you think you or your friend is in danger, leave immediately.

There is no reason to have courage higher on your list of priorities than being safe.
H05VV-F (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
I agree with MoonFall that you should try Rook's home cleansing method.
jitters (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
why don't you ask one of your friend to stay with you for couple of night? Chat through the night and see if the thing only wants you to be troubled...i'll just say... Those entity's lived their life qnd died, infact they never had a life while they were alive...so,little boy you, NEVER BACK DOWN... They are troubling you, you trouble them
sarah84 (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
this breathing has happened to me before and I cried too. I suggest taking a high piched bell into your room and when you feel uncomfortable try ringing it. This is said to ward off bad spirits and I have used it a few times. For me it was only a temerapry solution but it was better than noting. I don't know if this will anger it if it returns but I would give it a shot.
Blessed be ❤
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Hello:

I don't know if you have a source of faith/religion, but in most religions prayers are said to ward off bad/evil spirits. White candles lit for peace. I believe there is a guy on here (Rook I think is his name...) has a good cleansing recipe.

I don't claim to have much knowledge, but once there was a negative energy that I felt around me at the kitchen sink... You can read my story entitled...Uncertain. A friend told me to pray and pour salt down the drain and let the water run for a few minutes... That actually did help. There are all sorts of positive methods to rid evil... Find what's best according to what you believe.

I am sorry you are having to deal with such a scary experience.: (I hope my comment helps at least a little.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: