You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Lost Wedding Ring, Appears In Very Visible Place

Real Ghost Stories

Lost Wedding Ring, Appears In Very Visible Place

 

A few days ago, my wife lost her wedding ring. I felt very sick to my stomach, sad and even somewhat betrayed that she hadn't taken better care of it. We searched all over the house and could not find it. Today, I came home late at night after classes and she was coming back from picking our son up from our mothers house. I decided to have one more go at looking for the ring, I decided to look around in our room and then I decided to look behind the refrigerator as I thought perhaps it fell behind there if she had set it on the counter.

As I was pushing the refrigerator back to the wall, she walked in with our son and noticed her ring was sitting right next to where I was standing on a black box. Her white gold and diamond ring starkly contrasted the ring, she thought I put it there and was mad at me so she didn't say anything. I did not see it either. Oddly enough, when I came home I emptied the contents of my pockets about 6 inches away from where the ring was found and I did not see it there. I quickly realized that she wasn't messing with me and something else was going on.

Our home was built in 1880 so I am sure there is a lot of history here. I don't feel any negative presence, and the fact that it was returned makes me feel somewhat comfortable. When I asked my wife if our 2 year old son had been acting like he was seeing someone she told me that a few days ago he started talking to someone and thought he maybe had an imaginary friend. He waits for this friend to come along with him, he tries to share his pop corn when watching cartoons... Suddenly with the ring incident this is more unsettling. Additionally I quickly realized that our dog has randomly been growling and barking over the past week.

Should I be concerned? Has this happened to anyone else? I never would have even imagined this could be possible unless I went through this experience. I have no explanation whatsoever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lockport_1880, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
I have a friend well let's say (spirit) that liked to hide things she hid my phone once cause I wouldn't talk to her and put it on a high shelf where I couldn't reach she is not evil or anything she just wanted somebody to talk to. Oh and if your wondering why I can see and here her I am a Medium and she knows it and is very very annoying sometimes. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Lockport,
You could be getting activity, and I believe the ring incident has all the hallmarks of such. However, I do have to say that just because a child has a imaginary friend does not mean it is anything more than just that. Imaginary friends are a natural part of the growing and learning stages and it is unfair to assign something more to it, or get caught up in the fear that could have a lasting negative effect on your child. Children and animals can read our body language and they know when we are being secretive, worried, frightened, sad, etc. They may not be able to put their finger on exactly what is causing our distress, but they do know if it has something to do with them. Don't place too much emphasis or suspicion toward who or what the imaginary friend is, there's no telling what effect it can have on your child down the road.
Dogs will bark at the wind blowing a leaf across the yard. It is knowing the sound or tenor of their bark or growl that means business that's important. Heck, the other day my older dog started barking like he was ready to seriously attack whoever was coming up to my front door. I get up to see who it is... It's my daughter! She had stopped by after work and had ridden her motorcycle to work that day. When she got to the porch she still had her helmet on and the dog was barking so frantically it actually made me laugh. That was the daughter that brought him home to live with us years ago, his favorite!
On the other hand, when it comes from the pit of the stomach and sounds like the hounds of hell are here, then I pay attention. If you don't 'feel' malevolence in the atmosphere around you, chances are it isn't there.

Jav
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
hi! Great experience... Some unseens that I know love to hide things and will drive you crazy looking for them but will give it back in the end, usually in a place that you can easily see it. My only advice is that if 'they' ever hide your thing/s try to ask them to give it back (no swearing and cursing please).
And advice your wife not to take off or place her ring in random places because your 'unseen' might hide it again. Goodluck
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Lockport - first, I am very glad your ghosts put your wife's ring where you could find it. Sometimes they're very helpful like that LOL. Other times, you have to ask for things to be returned: like keys, remotes, etc. In this case, though, I think because of the emotional attachment to the ring, like my earring, that is why the ring was put in plain sight. Obviously someplace you wouldn't have overlooked 😆.

As for should you be concerned? Mmmm... The fact that your little boy isn't scared makes me say no, you shouldn't be worried. Children are very good judges of character, whether it be living or non-living. If it's something scary that needs to be dealt with, your little boy wouldn't be wanting to share his popcorn. He'd be afraid.

Dogs, and cats, react to unseen things differently. Last year I had a new pup in my home (Heaven help me!). Now, we share our home with 3 ghosts: 1 man, 2 children. Our cat is used to them and rarely reacts. The pup didn't react to them for a while. Until one morning he started barking in the kitchen corner. Completely freaked me out. Just this intense, sharp puppy barking. I looked...nope, no spiders, nothing. WTH is he barking at? Then he just stopped. Next morning he did the same thing, but this time he sat his butt down on the floor and just fixed his stare at the corner and did that sharp barking that I thought for sure would wake my kids. Nothing I could do would shut him up. I thought for sure there was something in the corner I couldn't see. I checked it out thoroughly. Nothing there. It started to bother me because I know there is nothing malevolent about our ghosts and began to wonder if someone new was hanging around who maybe wasn't so "nice." After that second time, though, he never barked at that corner again.

You'll probably get different comments from pet lovers, and I'm not an expert by any means and don't even play one on TV 😉, but unless your little boy starts displaying fear or his attitude changes toward his "friend," I wouldn't worry.

Here's another story you might like: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=11465
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Thanks for the plug, granny 😉. Migraine's kicking my butt today 😢, but I saw this and wanted to say "thanks."

Lockport - I'll try and read your story tomorrow since I commented on it without reading it😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Lockport: Sometimes our ghosties aren't at fault for things we misplace, however, they can be very helpful in finding and returning things, 'specially when the item is valuable...Here's a link to a story that is very similar to your's:

Http://yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10810

There's also a part 1 to this story you may be interested in... It will be listed between the story and the comment section under "Other stories by this author" 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: