You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Bright Flashes

Real Ghost Stories

Bright Flashes

 

I was wondering if some of you could help me. On Saturday I was coming out of my bedroom and saw a VERY big bright flash of light in the hallway. It looked like someone took a pic, but a bigger flash. It was the middle of the day very bright outside so no lights were on in the house nor was it storming outside.

On Sunday evening I walk in my bedroom and saw a smaller bright blue flash. I thought it was really strange but didn't saw anything about it.

This evening my son came and got me and asked if I was taking pictures. He saw 2 bright bluish/purple flashes. He did not know what I saw over the weekend, I never told him. I am freaking out. Also, once again it was light outside when he saw this with no lights on in house.

I have had A LOT of strange things happen in the house but have never had this. My son has actually seen an elderly woman in our house. I have been touched, shaken, and attacked while living in this house. I was hoping whatever here has gone because I have not had anything recently.

A while back I heard strange knocking at my window one morning. I woke up looked outside and out the front door and no one was there. I didn't think much about it until about 30 minutes later my son and I saw something walk across our deck outside at the same time. It was a tall white shape, and then it was gone. My dog outside went nuts. He has NEVER done that before, not even during a storm.

I have also had many orbs in the house, noises, hearing music, etc. I am a single mom and I obviously do not sleep well because of all of this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carsmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TimHe (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
I have just had this happen to me just now, about a third of the way up a doorway between the sitting room and the kitchen.

It was exactly as described here - a white flash like a camera flash going off, or a light bulb blowing, with a crackle to go with it - yet my wife, who was sitting the other side of the doorway, did not see or hear a thing.

About a week ago, the light in the hallway suddenly turned itself on, and a month ago the swing bin in the kitchen started flapping wildly despite all the windows being closed and there being no draught and no one near it.

In our last apartment, we both woke up one morning because someone had said, "What is going on here?" immediately over us.

We have also recently seen two people in a restaurant we have subsequently discovered to have been dead for some 18 months and 5 years respectively. The only other ghost I saw was about 20 years ago. In all cases they were completely solid looking and it did not occur to me that they were ghosts until people told me they were long dead.

It's not exactly scary, but certainly intriguing.
Patriot4ever (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
I have also seen a flash before right in front of my eyes for no reason at all. Was at night maybe 2 30 am. Which is what brought me here, looked like someone took a picture but there was no one in front of me, bright flash. My buddy sitting next to me seen it as well, anyway UPS Guy c
Dropped off packed some months later and asked if I lived there... I said no why. He said he grew up next door as a kid and said that house was haunted... Which I knew anyways after seeing that flash. Never seen ghost there but seen that flash

This was in Brockton massachusetts
carsmom (1 stories) (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Thanks for the responses! Yes, I have had loved ones that have passed. I was known as the one who always took the pics. It prob was something wanting to make their presence known. I asked someone who is involved in investigating homes with paranormal activity & she said when a spirit enters or exits our universe it can look like that.Weird! I also saw a blue flash of light (like an orb) for a few seconds. It is interesting that people have seen blue also. I do not believe it could have been anything electrical at all. Also it was like a cloud/mist wrappped in a flash. Hard to explain, but sounds just like other peoples expierences too.:) M
😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
There's another story on here somewhere about someone seeing a flash such as that and, about four months ago I had it happen to me.
I was sitting in my room with blinds drawn early in the morning and no light but what came from the computer when suddenly I heard a noise, turned to the left of me toward my closet, and a bright flash popped out of nowhere. It even made my eyes see the flash when I closed them as sometimes happens when you get a photo taken.
There is no electricity near the door and the flash came from in front of the door. It was as if someone pointed a Polaroid at me and pushed the button.
I thought of that story and now see it's happened to someone else. I still can't figure out why that happened.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
The flashes may be a way a spirit is attempting to 'gain attention'. However please have the electrical wires checked in the home if these 'flashes' of light were near light fixtures, light switches or electrical outlets you may have an issue with the power in your home... Better safe than sorry.

If it's not electrical in nature I think something is trying to 'make itself known' to you. This means it's time to ask yourself some questions...

Do you know anyone who loves to take pictures?

Do you know anyone that loved to pose for pictures?

Did you or your son think of an individual after seeing these flashes/the white shape?

These may have also been an 'effect' like the 'Brown Mountain or Marfa Lights... And may have just been 'flashes' of 'plasma light'. So... Any relatives that have recently passed? Or do you feel as if the 'air is charged' before these things have happened... So many things it could be... More details please...

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
I'm afraid I cannot be of much help. I have seen blue flashes in my bedroom and I know of one other person who has also had this experience. It was not lightning, that I know. The flashes are always blue. The last one was about a year or so ago. I will be interested in the responses here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: