You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Constant Activity

Real Ghost Stories

Constant Activity

 

I'm sorry if this might be too long. My experiences have been happening since the early 1990's.

My first visual of something "strange" was of a figure. A full figure but all black. I watched (as well as the cat on my lap watched) the reflection of this figure in a mirror on the wall, get up and walk across the room behind me. I spun around to find nothing there. The cat continued to look on in the mirror.

Since then, I have seen orbs, shadows, heard voices (my wife can attest to one incident of a little boy in our attic calling "mama". She denies hearing anything to this day!

When I was single, I lived in NY and had numerous accounts of paranormal activity. One time I was actually shoved from behind and was the only one there, talking on the phone.

Another time, in NY, I had a friend of mine going through some marital troubles and he asked to stay with me a couple weeks. I had planned on going to VT to see my father on the first weekend he was to stay with me. In that house, there was one room that had a lot of things happening. The door would slam shut very hard. I had stacked boxes of things to prevent that. I have heard breathing in that room, footsteps when I'm downstairs, going from that room to my room and back. So I left for VT and he stayed there alone. I put him in that room. (I know it sounds mean now but, I wanted to see if I was going crazy or something). When I got home on Sunday night, he was gone. His stuff was gone. He called me that night and asked what was up with my place. I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about. He told me there was a lot of noise and banging going on in my room and went and knocked on my door. No answer. He heard the noise and knocked again but the noise didn't stop. He opened my bedroom door and everything was silent. Then a light came on downstairs and he thought it was me and went down. He said nobody was there and he checked the garage for my car. When he realized I wasn't there, he left. Told me something was wrong with my place. He didn't even come to visit there after that.

When I moved to VT, I lived in three places including the house I'm in now. My wife was with me for these three places. Things have gotten a little worse in the sense that I have seen and felt an old lady being around. The feeling is NOT a good one. She makes me feel very bad. I have seen her once, but most of the time I feel her presence.

I have done research on everything I have experienced and with her, I have come across "The Old Hag Syndrome." She is the only one I fear and I don't know why. Everything about her is not good. My Aunt, who is a Wiccan, told me to do a couple of things inside my home and outside. It worked for a while. It was like a weight lifted. Then, my father died and after all was done with the funeral and everything, I had a dream. My father was in it but as he laid down on the couch, I jumped on him and told him to wake up as he slowly transformed into the Old Hag! Scared the daylights out of me!

Now my kids experience things. Voices, footsteps, things of that nature. I haven't felt the old hag's presence since the dream but everything else still goes on. Some nights, we will be watching TV and a toy from the toy box will just fly out into the middle of the room. A lot of things that are innocent enough but experiences that now most of the family have.

The wife tells me it's all to do with me (even though she will deny anything happens) and I tell her I don't agree. But, as I thought of that comment, I wondered if she was right. I remembered a time when I was younger and we had a house that was abandoned in the neighborhood. Someone got a Ouija board and we played. There were 5 of us in that house. We did the usual question and answers thing. All night, this one girl was making fun and mocking the board. We heard a big bang and we all got spooked and went running out. She was the last one out and as she ran through the door, her forehead was torn open by a fish hook! She received 32 stitches! None of us talked about that night, how she was the one mocking the board and nobody else was hurt but her. Now I'm wondering if all I'm experiencing is because of that board from long ago. I don't know and I'm not sure if I should do anything at all. Like I said, the only one I fear is the Old Hag. She has a bad feeling about her and my Wiccan Aunt said she's following me for some reason.

Well, in a nut shell, that's my story. Not sure what to do, if anything.

Sorry it kind of long but I left out a whole bunch of stuff, trying to keep it as short as I could.

Thanks for reading... Things continue to happen...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, slingshot0097, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
slingshot,

Even little black rain clouds have silver linings.

As Jav has mentioned please do not put the 'cart' before the horse... When you get a chance kick off your shoes, take a walk through the grass... It can be your front yard and city park... Heck take a camping trip... Just get out into nature and 'exchange' your energy... Take a moment...'visualize' any 'dark thoughts/negative energy' draining out of you and dispersing into the ground... Let the earth/nature 'process' this energy as it naturally does... After a few minutes picture positive energy flowing into your body... Up through the soles of your bare feet... Filling your lungs with each long slow breath...'feel it' filling your body.

Not only do our homes need cleansing/exchange of 'energy' but our 'spirit' can use it as well. Take a moment... Stop and smell the roses... Enjoy a sunset... Look at he stars/moon on a clear night. Go play in the rain (natures way of cleaning...). Enjoy the feel of the breeze on your face. All of these things can be 'cleansing' in and of themselves.

If you if 'let go' of the negative and 'pull in' the positive you will find that over time 'like attracts like' and while these things may not keep 'bad things from happening' you will find they will make them easier to 'deal with' when they do (and perhaps they will occur with less frequency).

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
slingshot,
There are a few things I noticed as I read your account and subsequent post to rook.
First, about the recipe that your aunt gave you. You stated that:

"It worked for a while. It was like a weight lifted"

Yes, that is how it was supposed to work. The one thing that people either fail to tell you or don't realize themselves is that the process you used needs to be repeated/refreshed every now and then. Things fade a bit after a while and need a boost to get back up to strength, that's all.
Second, the 'Old Hag' syndrome is all you could find that came close to what you have experienced all these years? Or are you only placing her as the culprit for what happened in your dream? Because it doesn't sound as if she is at the root of the problems you are, and have been, experiencing all these years. I understand your fear of her from having the dream you had, but that was just a dream, a jumble of emotions all mashed up together that you remember from a sleeping state. There was emotional turmoil from losing your father, among other things, that had to find a way out. Sometimes a dream is just a dream (or a nightmare), no matter how hard it hits. It was the intensity of it that stuck with you, that is normal, you should be bothered by the horror of some things. Just be careful not to place too much weight to what it could possibly mean. That sort of thinking can drive you nuts when it doesn't really have to mean anything at all.
It seems as if this has all been building slowly, but surely, into a mountain of troubling events in your life. If I am wrong, forgive me but I am merely giving one persons observations on someone I don't even know. It is from reading what you have put out here so far, including the emotions you have expressed, that compels me to say anything at all. I am mostly worried about some things that may be able to be debunked, but instead they get added to a long list of things you feel are proof of paranormal events. It is an easy trap to find yourself caught up in once it gets set in your mind.
I am not saying that all these events you have described are phantoms of your imagination. Far from it. I do believe you are experiencing activity, I am asking you to be cautious about sorting through it. Look for reasons and causes that have no connection to the paranormal first. Be honest with yourself in this, and use common sense. If there is any possibility that something natural can be the cause for any of the events you have described, that event must be thrown out. That's how it works. We don't look for reasons it should be paranormal, we look for reasons it shouldn't.

I know I have gone on far too long, and there is much more I could go on about. But I'll stop before I bore you to tears.

Jav
slingshot0097 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
I don't mind critisism. I'm used to it. All I know is what I feel and felt. I never saw that movie. (Im more into the old westerns). Anyhow, my Aunt gave me something similar to your home cleansing. The sitting in the center of the room with the candle. Except she told me to sit in a chair with no sound or lights. To "Let myself go" to allow my "Guardian Angel" help me. As I read her remedy, I researched and found that type of "cleansing." The difference between what I found and what my Aunt told me what to do was it could also let someone or something come to me as well. The "Oportunity for both good and bad" to reveal itself.
I will try your cleansing. I am just up in arms. Most things that happen, I let happen. Some DO make me feel OK or good, some I just try to ignore. I never talk to them, I just let it happen and then its over. But as I said, now the kids have things happen. Not as frequent as I but enough to notice. I will also tell you something else I feel... Almost like there's a black cloud hanging over me. Since all this stuff has happened, it just seems like things get worse, bad luck, things feeling like their in shambles. I don't know...
Thanks. I will try your cleansing.

Rob
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Maybe I'm begin cautious after 'zachary' and his fictional story... But if the 'Old Hag' is not sitting on your chest... Taking your breath away... As well as all the other symptoms of sleep paralysis then it's not 'Old Hag Syndrome' and something about the way you worded this reminded me of the (really bad) movie Insidious.

I'm not trying to Judge you, nor am I saying your experiences are 'fake'...so for what it's worth you may wish to try this for yourself and your home...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: