You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Flashes Of Light At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Flashes Of Light At Night

 

Before I begin my story, I will give you a little bit of background info on myself. I am 20 years old and have never had anything 'paranormal' happen to me until now. My family and I never believed in any of this stuff, and that is why I am now alone on this one, searching for answers.

It all began a couple of months ago, when I noticed bright flashes of light in my bedroom at approximately 3am. At first I didn't think much of these flashes of light but night after night they began to get closer to me until the light seemed to be appearing from right beside my bed. This light is so strong that I could see it through closed eyelids.

After that I began to sense a strong presence in my room. I can't describe the feeling but I just knew that I was being watched. At first I thought that it was my grandpa as he had passed away in this very room a few years ago. Maybe he wanted to tell me something? I don't know but I was too afraid, and buried myself under the covers, sweating.

The flashes of light subsided at night, but I began to feel something at my feet. Every time I felt something, I would kick my feet about and change positions. I also began waking up at around the same time every night for no apparent reason. One night, as soon as I opened my eyes, my night candle I had lit burnt out and my wall decor fell down. I like to believe it was just coincidental.

Whenever I would sleep over at friends' houses, I wouldn't feel this way so I began sleeping out more often. Last night I slept at a friend's and just as I was feeling comfortable, I began to hear really loud whispers. I couldn't make out what the voices were saying because there seemed to be several of them talking at the same time, really fast. It seemed as though they were talking right next to my ear.

Can anyone explain what is happening to me? I look like a wreck, I haven't had a good nights sleep in a while...

Other hauntings by mk03

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mk03, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mabitsa (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Don't take it as a bad thing. I saw random strong flashes of light in my room aswell. I also heard a strong sound that was similar to a car speeding down the road, but it lasted non-stop for about half an hour upto an hour. Then not long after I saw a dark figure at the foot of my bed. I was cold and couldn't sleep before that but then I suddenly got warm and fell into a good night sleep:) It might seem scary, but it is just because it is dark and in the middle of the night and you don't know what you're dealing with. It's probably your grandpa trying to say something or keep you safe. Do not fear it. Embrace it. It is probably a good thing.
Zanator (9 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
Angels and good spirits don't manifest so abruptly and don't follow you around, neither do restless spirits, they sit in the same spot... The greatest defining characteristic for a demon is that it follows you wherever you go, just say a prayer whenever it happens, it really calms you (and possibly the entity) down...
MichelleM (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
I have had flashing lights happen to me to but I found out that it was just a ghost. Its weird it happens so random...
brillesoleil (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
you have no idea how relieved I feel after reading your story. I have experienced flashes of light too... Bright white light in a pitch dark room. You're right about the light being so bright, it's visible through closed eyes... You know the kinds when you feel like someone just flashed a light on your face and you open your eyes to realize that it's all dark? But it hasn't gotten as far as you say... I don't experience it that regularly... Just once in two months or something. But it's freaky nonetheless. I was putting it off as hallucinations... Or dreams until a few days ago... When I saw it again... White light spreading through the room... Before disappearing as quickly... And this time... I was sure I wasn't dreaming, or hallucinating, heck, I wasn't even sleepy... Just lying on my bed: (
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Look MK whatever it is either your grand father or something else but to got to be carefull with this. If possible try to change your room. Or else you have to search for the history of this house. Be carefull if anything wroung happens in future you need to move out of room.
Mysterylady (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
It could be grandfather as well as something else may have accompany him. If you can try to see if it has any human form or just a light. Does it glow or does it flashing like blinking bulbs? Does the room feel cold to you? Their so many possibilities on what it could be. Hearing voices does it sound human or just chatting. When this happens pray to GOD AND HIS ANGLES TO HELP YOU. I believe that when a paranormal door has been open both good and bad spirits can come through. Trying to distinguish which is hard sometimes because evil entities can fool us. Going through this is hard and not being able to tell anyone because of the possibility of being ridiculed is more difficult. Don't show any weakness towards this it will feed off of your fear and make it grow stronger and bolder. I know this only because I have gone through this as well during my life. Your not imaging this nor going nuts. Have faith and know that your not alone with this experience. If you can keep a journal it will help as well. I will follow your entries.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
Well the best I can offer is to try and follow the advice from the following website:

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

The best you can do is try not to let it bother you.
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
quite weird but your grandad could of been trying to tell you something. You could search into the history of the house.
Ghostly94 😊
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
I have no idea what is going on in your bedroom, but you need to stop lighting candles at night and going to sleep with them burning.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
mk,

You mentioned your Grandfather passed away in the room you now sleep in. Do you know about what Time he 'passed' (time of day)?

Nothing sounds as if it is trying to harm you, and yet your own misunderstanding and fear have caused you to lose sleep. The next time you are going to bed in this room you may try this... Acknowldge that you have 'seen' the lights / felt this 'Presence' at your feet. Tell it that it is scaring you and ask it to stop. If this is your Grandfather 'reaching out' then what you are experienceing may shift to something that doesn't scare you as much... Perhaps even become something that better helps 'define' this is indeed your Grandfather.

If you wish I have a method of cleansing/sheilding that I can share with you as well.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
vampirecoolgirl (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Im not sure what had been happening on your experiences.
If it was your grandpa it was very sweet, maybe he wanted to tell you something or just want to see if your doing okay. All I know and do everytime I get scared I always pray and hold my necklase rosemary. I suggest you do is maybe pray everynight or everytime you get scared because God will guide you. I just hope I have helped you a bit?!

Goodluck,i hope you get to sleep everynight in more comfortable way:)
destyni (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
i have never experienced this before. But maybe when you feel something touching your feet it might be because your just so scared. I heard my closet open and shut and I swear it was a ghost but I then relized it was just my cat 😐
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
I have experienced this too and so has a friend. There is not pattern to my experiences - it's just all very random. It's like a flash bulb going off.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: