You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Orb Of Bright Light

Real Ghost Stories

Orb Of Bright Light

 

When I was very very young, my family went to Bombay, (now Mumbai), to visit my grandmother.

All the houses there are close to together. It was hard to keep the outsides of the houses tidy because of the monsoons. The rain water would run through the streets and along with it would be mud and rubbish. The streets were cleaned often, however they never stayed that way.

It was very sad to see how most people had to live in my grandmother's neighbourhood. It was poor and in most cases a few family's lived together under the same roof.

In my grandmother's house there were 3 families living together. Everyone shared the cost of bills and food. They didn't eat like we do here in Australia. Their food was mainly vegetables, curry and boiled rice.

There were about 10 tiny huts/houses behind my grandmother's house and from my grandmother's bedroom window, you could hear and see most of them.

I always heard the lady directly behind my grandmother's window screaming and shouting at her children. They were all aged under 10 years old and I think she had 4 or 5 kids.

The kids cried a lot and were very noisy. One of the children was a really young baby.

My grandmother often took that lady curry if she had some left over because that lady couldn't afford to feed the children. From what I know, she was married and her husband worked, but didn't earn a lot of money.

One day I was sitting in the kitchen and looking out the kitchen window waiting for my lunch when I heard a lady screaming. It was the lady from the back of my grandmother's house. I stood up and went to the window.

The kitchen window faced a communal well where the huts and houses could get drinking water from. I saw that lady run from the back straight onto the well wall which wasn't high and jump in.

I screamed out to my mother to come quickly. A lot of other neighbours also saw her jump in. No one jumped in to save her but police and rescue people were called. People in the neighbourhood didn't know how to swim.

The rescue people came and at this stage we were all outside hoping she'd be rescued. A huge hook was put into the well and when it was lifted up you could see it hooked around her knee. At that very moment a really bright orb/light came from the well above her head and went up into the air.

A lot of people saw the orb of light including my sister and I.

I don't know if it was the sun shining through the trees or that lady's spirit. I remember it all as clear as day.

Meanwhile the children were home and didn't know what was going on. The police went to her house and the father was contacted and asked to come home. Neighbours told the police where he worked.

Apparently the children sent her mad because they were so young and close in age. They cried a lot and she didn't know how to make ends meet so she committed suicide. It was very sad. May her soul rest in peace. 😒

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sleeping-with-steve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Thank you BeautInside.

The funeral is today. I know it will be hard to say goodbye but he's at peace and with my father.

Thank you for your condolences. I really appreciate it. You're a gem. 😘 ❀ 😘
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hi SWS,

I didn't read through all the comments and only now realised that you are going through a very hard time. Even though words won't make it easy, and only time will help, I'd like you to know that I am very sorry for your loss.

My heart goes out to you. ❀
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hello BeautInside,

Thanks for reading my post.

I don't know what happened to the children after their mother committed suicide. I suppose their father did the best he could to work and feed and look after them.

My grandmother died not long after so we didn't go back to India.

Thanks again for your comments.

😘 ❀ 😘
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hi everybody,

I was in a rush commenting on this account, I should mention that I am a bit familiar about Indian culture and it's beautiful, so I don't mean to offend anyone.

I think I should make it clear that even though India has evolved about women's rights in the last few years, there's still a bit to improve about equality/mentality when it comes to women at work. If I've been given the wrong information I apoligise ahead. ❀
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hi Sleeping,

That is so sad...

I am a bit familiar with Indian culture as India is one of our main countries for export.

As I've come to realise by speaking with clients, it's very hard out there. So hard that some parents are lucky if by skipping some meals themselves they can provide for their children meals. It's heartbreaking! 😒 Not to mention how hard they can be on women, that is enfuriating! 😠

Every parent main concern should be providing their children with all primary care (that means food, health care,...), and even though for us it doesn't seem that hard, for third or second world countries it's an everyday struggle.

Thank you for sharing, I do hope that mother has found peace and that somehow those children have been rewarded with a brighter future. ❀
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hello CuriousDee,

Thank you for your condolences. I really appreciate your kind words.

You're a sweetheart.
😘 ❀ 😘
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
SWS,

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad your father and brother reassured you that they are together and ok. Remember this when you are missing them. They will always be with you too. Thank you for keeping us updated on the cleansing, you deserve that peace and quiet. ❀

Rex and Jubeele,

I'm so sorry for your loss too. I'm sure Rex's aunt came to show you she is happy and feeling 100% now. 😊

Lots of light and feel-good vibes to you all ❀
Dee
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hello RexT,

I'm so sorry to hear your aunty passed. May her soul rest in peace.

You and Jubeele are very kind.

😘 ❀ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hello Lady Glow,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I agree with you, 'love never dies'.

They are both resting in peace and looking after each other now.

Thanks again, I appreciate your sincere words.

😘 ❀ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hello Jubeele,

Thank you so much for kind words.

I will definitely keep doing the cleansing and shielding ritual.

How did you and Rex T know my name is Miandra? I didn't put it on this profile. I think I may have put it on my original profile.

Once again, thank you.

😘 ❀ 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
SWS - I'm sorry for your losses. May they rest in peace.

They will be always looking after you, because love doesn't end.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
We're so sorry for your loss. 😒 But how comforting that your father and eldest brother came to say goodbye. As long as you have loving memories of them, they'll never be truly gone.

Last Friday, we also said farewell to Rex's aunt whom we loved like another mum. That night, I was sure I caught a whiff of her cigarette smoke around the place. As neither of us are smokers, it was rather odd. πŸ€”

Rex and I are glad that the cleansing has helped you. As Rook has advised, perform the ritual as often as you need to. Take care of yourself, keep positive and surround yourself with light and happy thoughts. 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
Hello RexT and Jubeele,

Thanks for wanting a follow up on Rookdygins cleansing and shielding ritual.

Steven and the hag haven't come to me since the 9th August. I did Rooks ritual on the 17th August.

I'm going to do it again this weekend. I was going to do it every 6 months however, I had 2 visitors on the 28th August.

On the 28th August when I got home from ICU, (my eldest brother died). I was very upset. I went to my room and got into bed. I stayed awake. In the corner of my room near the door I saw two shadows. They were faint but they were shaped liked people. I think it was my father and eldest brother saying goodbye. I wasn't scared, I was comforted by their presence. They didn't stay long. Less than a minute but long enough for me to see them.

The funeral is tomorrow. The whole family is in shock. We still can't believe he's gone. 😒

The good thing about Rookdygins ritual is it makes me feel safe and not to mention the place is spotless and smells wonderful. 😘 😘
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
Miandra,

Got to say that giving feels a lot better than taking away, in all facets of life. The main thing is you are doing things that make you feel better.

Speaking of feeling better, how are you going with Rook's cleansing method? Is it working, how often have you done it, etc?

I've noticed that recently, the link to Rook's profile has been quoted to several posters in need. So maybe now would be a good time to give your view on the process.

I'm sure other posters would like to know (including Jubeele and me).

Rex-T
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
Hi Twilight1011_
(Hi All)

Everyone has been hurt by the down votes. I was targeted when I first joined and again recently I noticed that CuriousDee and I were down voted when we replied with an innocent comment to something Miracles said.

You're right, its sad. As the mods have said over and over again recently, It doesn't matter. What matters are the actual comments.

I have been up voting the likes of Rex T. Jubeele, Haven, Miracles, zzgranny, Martin, Valkricry, DandK, Cups, Manafon1, RC Ruskin, Sushantka, Zaruje, Tweed, CuriousDee, Rookdygin and many more of my favourites over and over again after reading their comments.

'IT FEELS GOOD TO GIVE'

So many of these members give great advice and have so much knowledge to share. You have helped me tremendously.

Thank you all for your kind help and welcoming me to the community.
😘 😘 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-29)
Hello Zaruje

Thank you so much for reading my post.

Yes, It was very sad to witness such a tragic suicide.

My heart goes out to the children. They weren't near the well and didn't see it happen thank goodness. I'm sure their father told them when they old enough what happened and hopefully he didn't tell them all the details.

Thank you for your comments. 😘 ❀ 😘
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-29)
Sleeping,

This is the saddest story I've ever read so far. I'm more concern about the kids feeling that they had done something wrong (because of their mother). I hope that the family, the mother's soul is already in peace and thanks for sharing!

Z ❀ ❀ ❀
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-28)
Hello Martin and CuriousDee,

Thank you for that added information.

Notice how CuriousDee and my comments have already been down votedπŸ˜• Someone has nothing better to do if they are down voting nice comments.

Strange, very strange! πŸ˜•
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-28)
Actually I got it wrong πŸ™„ You click on the other arrow to undo your current vote, then you may try again.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-28)
I use my phone as 'high speed internet' isn't available in my area (crossing my fingers that this changes soon) and find it easiest to enlarge the screen before pressing the voting arrow (very carefully 😊). I learned that if you accidentally hit the red arrow (down vote), you have a few seconds to change it by pressing the green (up vote) arrow. I believe Miracles mentioned this before and that's how I learned of this 'loophole'.

Hope this helps. Thanks Martin for the tip on changing an existing vote. 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-28)
Hello Martin,

Thank you for stopping by.

If I could remember who I voted for, I'd fix it.

I'm still trying to trace back to see if I can find the down vote I did by error yesterday. I'm not having much luck.

I'll keep looking.

Thank you for your help.
😘 ❀ 😘
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-28)
Yeah the voting arrows were created before mobile phones became so popular, they're already discreet for desktops, I get they might be hard to use with thumbs. This will be considered when the time comes for a new design one of these days πŸ€”

Don't forget, though, that you can always undo or change your existing vote, by clicking again on the arrow and voting with the other one.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Hello Miracles,

Thank you for being so understanding about my vote.

If I could remember who it was, I'd fix it and up vote.

I'll enlarge my screen in future to avoid this drama again.

Thank you for the advice.
😘 ❀ 😘
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Sleeping-with-steve - it's okay, we've all done that at least once. One thing I found when doing that same thing too many times is you can hit the other arrow and it will change. I hope that hasn't changed πŸ˜•

There is no way for us to find out who votes how for who, so don't worry about it. I have some advice though. Enlarge your screen before you click on the arrow of your choice 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Hello Sushantka, (everyone)

I think I down voted one person by mistake yesterday. I didn't mean it. I'm using my phone and the red and green arrows are small. I tried to press on the green to up vote but hit the red. If you tell me which member it was I will fix it. I tried to trace back my steps to see if I could find the member to fix it, but I couldn't find the member.

Sorry, It wasn't intended.
Please forgive me. 😭
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Hello Sushantka

Thank you for reading my post.

I too hope the children are well.

Their poor father would have had to look after the children and worked. I don't know how he managed.

Thank you for your comment. 😘 ❀ 😘
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Hello SWS, it was really a tragic incident for sure. The sad part here is that we would never know why she took the desicion to end her life in the worst possible manner. Poor childs.
I hope that children of that coward lady are doing fine now.

Regards
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-27)
Hello Lady Glow,

No one there threw in a rope because the lady wasn't on the surface, she sank immediately.

The hook was behind her knee, scooping her up, and the rest of her body flopped downwards into the water with her head touching the water. As soon as they scooped her up a few men reached out and grabbed her before she slipped back in again.

Not much more to add really to make it clearer.

Thats about as much as I remember. It all happened so fast from the time she jumped to the time we ran outside to see if we could help, she already sunk and was no where to be seen in the well.

The hook was attached to a heavy chain and pole. It took a few attempts to fish her out.

Regards,
😒
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-26)
I know this happened a long time ago and, given your age, you might have forgotten some details but, could you elaborate a little more about this part of your narrative?

"A huge hook was put into the well and when it was lifted up you could see it hooked around her knee."

I'm having trouble 'visualizing' and understanding the physics of that scene...
Was it a metal hook? If so, it is difficult to explain, at least for me, that a knee could hold the weight of the rest of the woman's body that should have been wet and slippery.
What about the position of the leg/knee? Was it bent or straight?
Or, perhaps, the hook went through the woman's tissues? (That would have been awful!)
Another option would be for the woman's calves to be thicker than the hook's diameter, hence her leg got stuck in it?

Even if none of the neighbors knew how to swim, it would have been nice to throw a rope or something else for her to hold on giving her a chance to save herself.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-26)
Hello CuriousDee,

Yes, it was a very sad situation. I felt so sad that day and couldn't stopped thinking about what I saw over and over.

The more I thought about it and the more I talked to my sister about it, the more convinced I was that my sister and I and a few others saw her spirit. A few neighbours who saw her spirit talked about it often. It looked like a tear drop, very bright, and the size of my hand. It lifted into the air and disappeared.

I'll never forget that day.

Thank you for reading my post.

😘 ❀ 😘

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: