You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Stays Behind Me

Real Ghost Stories

What Stays Behind Me

 

Before I tell what my memory recalls, I wish to add that I believe my grandfather resides in my grandmother's home. I've understood what she means, as I think I have seen him once.

I recall this to had taken place in the Summer of this year (2012) , in late July. I was in my house, leaning into my bathroom windowsill. That's the only way I can get WiFi; the bathroom window and my bedroom. Anyway, I was using the WiFi when I looked away from iPod. To my surprise, I saw a man about 6' standing behind me. In shock, I looked down, then up.

Nothing.

It appeared as if it was standing in my bathtub. I turned around and saw that nothing was distured. I asked my twin if she had came into the bathroom, and she replied with "No." I normally call her name to see if she had went our bedroom. I tried to make sure she hadn't told a lie by going to check it out myself. Unfortunately she had told the truth. I wish she had been sitting on our bed.

What I saw was practically a dark shadow man behind me. I've seen it after that, but only from its torso up. No visible features. Everyday, I wish I hadn't seen what I saw. It still haunts my mind today. For what I saw in the bathroom never showed up again. Please don't disregard what I have told. My story is set apart from what others have typed on here. Mine checks out to be true. Mine is not as important but it's good to tell someone what I've seen. We all have been experienced by paranormal activity. We all have a story to tell.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KyraPanther, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
Hmm have you done any reasurch of that house to see if someone died their or if it was built on top of another building that people died in? Like a hospital
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
Also you said you saw a man about 6 ft. Tall, that shouldn't be confused as your twin sister. Just something to think about.
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
First of all, why would you think your sister is a half person, torso up? Maybe I misunderstood. Lots of people see shadow people out of the corner of their eyes. I don't think this justifies the shadow as being your grandfather. He would probably do something or let you smell a familiar smell, maybe even speak. You would sense maybe it was him. You never mentioned sensing it was him. Never try to justify your own experience by putting down other peoples experiences. Just state the facts and tell your story. No need to say or do more that may hurt someone elses feelings. Don't let our comments keep you from posting in the future. You are maybe just young and trying to hard to win us over. We just want to hear the truth and that is it. If you tell the truth the story usually flows well and isn't to confusing. I do believe you saw something though.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
Suddenly seeing a shadow person out of the corner of your eye can freak you out, but you gotta realize, shadow people are not harmful. They exist with people, in the same homes. That is all.

I had to refrain from commenting when I first read this last night. Your insinuating that other people are reporting false experiences just struck the wrong nerve, and I had to go ask my husband to cleanse me. I had to just go to bed and sleep on it. And now that I am not upset, but merely remaining outside as an observer, your conjumbled account shows you are pretty badly shaken up by this. You need to relax and realize he is not there to hurt you.

You could be one of those people who perceive things in this light, "If I don't experience that, then it isn't real/true.". If you are, I feel sorry for you, because you are going to have a very sad life when you're calling everyone around you a liar.

An open mind and heart allows you to see and hear clearly.

I don't understand how this ties in to your grandfather visiting your grandmother, however.
Maybe you meant to share two stories and didn't?

P.S. If you want to use free wifi, why not walk to your local McDonald's or hospital? They offer wifi for free. Otherwise, wow, maybe just maybe that shadow man was trying to tell you that piggybacking off of someone's wifi that they're paying for is wrong?

Could be, you never know.

LW
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
...sorry I made a mistake, I meant you said you have not seen it again.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
Other than feeling a little insulted by what you said about our stories being lies and yours not, there is something you wrote that makes me feel you are lying and I'm surprised no one picked it up.

In the last paragraph you wrote you have seen this shadow person only from the torso up, and then a few lines later you say you have never seen it before. Which one is it?

The bed and twin and bathroom thing also leaves me perturbed.
Jigyesh (5 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
It's all your imagination girl. Many weird things happen with people in their day to day lives. Sometimes they are shocking enough and have to be taken seriously but otherwise there are much more important stuffs to do in life other than scribbling down all your insignificant experiences and testing patience of the readers
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
MizMi

You have summed up my thoughts ecactly! The eye rolling sceptical side in me always comes out when someone is making a huge point that their story is true. Maybe it is sometimes but these statements can sometimes reveal a guilty concsience from the op I think.

Jav I agree with you too, there is definately something not right age wise here. Hmmm
NishaBoo1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
You have too many mistakes in your grammar, punctuation, wording, etc. For me to believe is true. There's just something about your story that bothers me and I can't quite seem to figure out what it is. And why wouldn't you participate in the discussion? Are you too afraid to answer or questions? For example: Us assuming that this is just a random story? This whole thing screams fake, I am very sorry to say.

Now I wonder why my experiences never get submitted, and I really need help. How could this be submitted and not mine? 😢 oh well.

Sincerely, Nisha
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
I am just as puzzled as the rest here. Just how does your story "check out" compared to others? Plus, I am having a huge problem with the only story you have ever commented on being of a sexual nature, and that raises a huge red flag for me. Either you are not who you say you are, and are simply trying to play with the members here, or you are only 13 years old and you are into things far beyond your years. Either way, you just put another black mark in the column of why those stories should be age protected against someone as young as yourself being able to access them. I cannot comment on the story you posted above, I feel you are playing with us here and I refuse to join the parade.

Jav 😐
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
I am just wondering how young you are? It says teenager but I suspect a very young teen. Also, every story on this site is important, particularly to the person whom experienced it. So yours would be important also. If you believe this is your grandfather then I believe you should speak to one of your parents or your grandmother about this. Just wondering... How does your check out to be true? Something is a little off here, could be just your young age, not sure.

Good luck to you, zeta.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
I'm a little confused by your story. I assume your grandfather is deceased and from what you've said about understanding what your grandmother means, it sounds like she believes he is still in the home. If you believe the figure you saw was your grandfather, I'm not sure I understand your fear unless he was abusive in life. I also don't understand what difference it would make if your twin was on the bed when you saw the figure behind you in the bathroom (in the mirror, I presume, as you don't say you turned around). Unless you are willing to participate in the discussion, I'm afraid we can't help you much. I don't see that there's anything to be afraid of at this point, though. There's no evidence this figure is in any way harmful.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+5
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
I'm not quite sure why you would read the comments, but not participate. Seems kind of pointless to even post a comment, but I wanted to touch on something you said. "Please don't disregard what I have told. My story is set apart from what others have typed on here. Mine checks out to be true."
Most people come to this site with true stories of what they have experienced, it's a life saver for many. There are a small percentage of those that find it funny to submit a fake story, but the majority of us take what we have experienced, VERY seriously.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: