You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Is It Following Me? Is This Okay?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Following Me? Is This Okay?

 

I live in a valley of Hawaii and these are believed to be very spirited because of all the battles and ali'i and mo'i (chiefs and royalty) that lived here in acient times and also just because hawaiians are spiritual in general and attract spirits I guess. I live with just my dad. He had a girlfriend and her baby that lived with us and one night she said she saw a menehune (small, warrior, Hawaiian man with a long white beard) standing at the end of the bed.

Another time, my dad also saw a figure at the end of the bed and heard his dog howling but it was muted like something was holding her mouth closed. He said he didn't want to upset whatever it was so he just turned over and went to sleep. Also, my dads girlfriends baby who was about 2 years old always said he saw a little girl and when we would ask where she was he would point at the ceiling or close to it, like the tops of walls. And just the other night I was home alone and was sitting at the kitchen table when the lid of the garbage can started flapping back and forth like somebody threw something away. My dad and I also constantly hear footsteps coming up the stairs leading to our house but we look and nobody is there. All this has happened in the same house...

Before I moved to Hawaii, I lived on the mainland and one time me, my 2 sisters and my brother were staying the night at my house. Earlier in the day my older sister and I were cooking and we had a lot of appliances going at the same time when the power went out so I went to check the breaker which is located in the laundry room right next to the kitchen, I turned it off and back on, shut the door then as soon I walked back to the kitchen the door swung open. We got scared and my sister yelled to shut the door but I told her no, if the spirit wanted the door open to leave it open and not upset it. That night we heard strange noises throughout the house ALL NIGHT. I also would see shadows out of the corner of my eye and I would wake up and see shadows run the wall and disappear.

One other time, I lived with my boyfriend for a short time while preparing to move to Hawaii with my dad. One of my best friends had recently just passed about 4 months before this happened. One night we were sleeping but a strong presence woke me up from my sleep and was telling me to look at the end of the bed and when I did I saw my friend standing there staring at me. I turned over and went back to sleep and never saw him again.

Is it normal to have so many spiritual encounters? I'm only 18 and this seems like a lot. Is it bad? They've never hurt me or even tried to hurt me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lokelani_x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
Ok I finally found out why there are story's with growling in it. It's because of demons, but I don't know why they growl.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Lokelani,

Thanks for sharing your father and your own experiences, they are a great collection of stories. You may just have that certain something that makes spirits flock to you, and it sounds like you got it from dad! 😆 I hope things become more clear for you from the messages they are trying to portray.

And just for future references, the little fellow your dad's girlfriend saw at the foot of the bed wasn't a Menehune, it was an 'e'epa! 😊

Aloha - 4D
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-13)
From your story, it seems that you are pretty sensitive to spirits and supernatural presences. I've had experiences such as yours most of my life, but it's only in the last few years that I've begun to try to figure out exactly what was going on. I know that it can be frightening sometimes, being so sensitive to such things, but I think that if you don't feel threatened then you should be okay. That's just my opinion, I'm not an expert by any means, however.
Thanks for sharing your story, and God bless!
PeachyPumpkins000 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-11)
For some people it is normal to have many experiences. But keep in mind that some people have had a very rough ride with paranormal experiences in their life, so from your story, I wouldn't consider it bad. Plus, you also mentioned that the spirits have not harmed you in any way, so don't fret. I am also agreeing with many of the comments below.
I enjoyed reading you story, by the way. 😊
Thanks for sharing!
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-11)
I think that is sweet of your friend to visit you, but to an unrelated question how come mostly every story here has growling in it?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-11)
Lokelani_x, those were good paranormal experiences. As far as your friend, who passed on, is concerned, I feel that probably he wanted to see you. I also feel that you have a sensitivity to feel and experience paranormal and so I don't think that age has got anything to do with it. Try to sharpen it and use it for the benefit of others.

Nice experiences and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-11)
I agree that you probably have an ability to attract spirits. I do this too. Everywhere I have lived I have seen spirits or heard them. Just accept the gift. I would rather know they are there, than not. I first started seeing them when I was four years old. Just keep a journal or something and that way you will never forget what you have seen or heard. Maybe someday it will make sense to you. Do research and see if the things you saw make sense afterwards.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
Lokelani,
Welcome to YGS. You are correct in thinking you have experienced quite a bit of spiritual activity. Judging by what you have shared in just this account alone. Because these experiences occurred when on the mainland in two separate locations and continued once you moved to the Islands, I am wondering if there was any reported activity in these homes before you showed up. And if so, was it something that others experienced without you being present in the home at the time? Or did it begin with your arrival and stop when you left? Do you remember how old you were when this began? And is there anyone else in your family that has had similar experiences? A brother or sister? A cousin, aunt, uncle, or grandparent?
The shadows you have seen, is there any possibility they could have been a reflection from something outside the home, a car passing by or someone out taking a walk at night and their shadow or reflection magnified and seemed to have it's own life when seen traveling up the wall?
The last question was to have you see other possibilities for the origin of these things. I am not trying to imply anything by asking, I simply am trying to get an idea of what may be occurring and why.
I think you have a good sensible head on your shoulders about this and I like that you aren't screaming and running out the door at every noise or movement. But I do understand how it can freak you out when you are alone at night. You seem to be taking it well and you don't let yourself become afraid without good cause, which is refreshing...

Jav 😊
Sambear30 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
I've been having somewhat similar experiences to the second part of the story. I'll be out in the back and see a shadow run on my back fence. One time my sister and I were in the kitchen listening to music when we heard what sounded like my dad but he left just a few minutes before. I don't know who he is but I would like to find out. I don't fear him, I respect him. You are doing good by letting that door open for it. There is no need to run from who it is as long as he/she doesn't bring harm.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
Seems like you have some natural abilities. Learn to use them. If you want some tips how pm me, or just go to your local library and find the metaphysical section and start reading.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: