You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mirror Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Mirror Ghost?

 

A few months ago, my neighbors asked me to take care of their dog while they were going away on a one night trip. I am an animal lover and I'm always happy do to someone a favor, so I packed my stuff and headed down the street towards their house. I had never really spent much time in their house...

My neighbors had already left, so their german shepeard dog, Skylar greeted me at the door. Skylar ran into the kitchen and started sniffing at her leash. Immediatly I knew she had to go out and do her business, so I took her outside for a short walk down the road.

When we re-entered the house, I heard a bubbling noise coming from the kitchen. I went to look in the kitchen and to my suprise, there was a pot of boiling water just sitting on the stove. That was odd since I hadn't seen that pot there before I left to take Skylar for her walk. I emptied the pot and turned off the stove and I thought nothing of it for the rest of the evening.

My neighbors were nice people so they told me I could rent and watch a movie on Netflix, which is exactly what I was doing when I noticed a black figure walk into the guest room where I would be sleeping tonight. I couldn't identify any physical features because it was just a plain black figure and I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I went to check on the room to find nobody there, but that's when I knew something was up.

Later that night, at around 11:00 p.m., I finally decided to go to sleep. I made myself at home in the guest room and drifted off to sleep.

In the middle of the night, maybe around 4:00 a.m., I had to use the bathroom, which was in the room, but my eyes shifted to the large mirror hanging on the front wall of the bedroom. That's when I saw myself! In the mirror!

The image presented in the mirror was me with a blank face standing up, or floating. Now I thought, "How the hell is this possible?" The mirror was way too high up for me to be seen because I was lying in bed.

Scared out of my mind, I breavely got up, ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I was watching the mirror as I did this. "I" did not move.

When I got out of the bathroom, I looked at the mirror. There was nothing there anymore, just the back wall. Releived, I went back to bed and slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

Well you can probably guess that my neighbors were back the next morning. I told them that everything had been fine and refused to accept the money they were offering for taking care of Skylar.

I'm sorry if this story wasn't as "mind blowing" as you might have thought it would be, but that's exactly what happened. I've been to my neighbors house many times after this experience and nothing else out of the ordinary has happened. I don't know if I should tell them what I experienced or not. Thanks for reading! (I may not answer the comments, but feel free to ask me any questions. I might reply to you, I might not.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NishaBoo1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

outofthemirror (guest)
 
3 years ago (2020-11-23)
NishaBoo1 Great story. Great wording. You see black figure so soon. I would have asked about the spirit. They were probably laughing driving away. Thanks for sharing.
Hades666 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Maybe you should tell your neighbours and see what they say, maybe they know what it is and didn't warn you. Keep us updated!
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Omg... That is such a scary story you were very brave to stay... Mirrors terrify me in the dark (shudder) 😊
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
It is very easy to misunderstand each other on the internet. Nisha, you show yourself to be a lovely person with a pure heart because you care for animals and are always willing to do a favor for someone. You didn't leave the house and puppy alone after your experience but stuck it out until the neighbors returned even though you must have been very frightened.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
NishaBoo,
Anyone who loves animals, will take care of the neighbors German Shepherd (aaaw!) without charge, and the dog likes them, it's okay with me if they don't want to discuss things. Just watch what you say to others because, as you can see, it will come back to bite you.
I like what Wondering1 brought up about portals into other dimensions but I don't know if that feels right in this instance. It seems someone is a mimic, and a very good one at that, if you recognized the figure as being you. The question is why?

My 'Running With Scissors' theory goes a little like this...

My thoughts went to how animals can sense spirits in their midst long before most humans will. And because of this, plus the fact that the dog was quite comfortable with you, the figure/entity may have felt that copying your image might fool the dog. Perhaps when you woke up this was what you saw happening, thus catching the figure mid-morph (for lack of a better word), it was too busy concentrating on the change to worry about you being able to see it.
Yeah, I know. I do have a wild imagination sometimes. 😊

Jav
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
I don't think there's a huge problem with Nishaboo1 choosing whether or not she will answer questions, especially if this is her first paranormal experience and since this particular experience didn't seem to cause a traumatic feeling. This site can be good just as a release, to let others know about their personal experiences and that's just what they are, personal. Its probable she just wanted to see what others would say first before she felt comfortable to respond. I can't say for sure but just wanted for everyone to feel comfortable and welcome to this awesome community.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-14)
Agreed with Miracles51031. NishaBoo1, your last statement made my view lopsided.
MaskedPsycho (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-13)
I agree with Wondering, mirors can be 'portals' and i've heard that when they are facing direct at a window, its common for them to become portals. Was there a window oppisite?
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-12)
I think that in some cases, mirrors can be 'portals' or doorways to other dimensions/times.
I don't understand why you say that you may or may not answer questions or comments.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-12)
NishaBoo1 - I have to say something. You made a comment on someone else's story: "And why wouldn't you participate in the discussion? Are you too afraid to answer or questions?" And then you say this in your own? (I may not answer the comments, but feel free to ask me any questions. I might reply to you, I might not.)

Why would someone want to make a serious comment on your story? This isn't a game to us and it appears, at least to me, that you are treating it lightly.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: