You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Doors And Mirrors

Real Ghost Stories

Doors And Mirrors

 

The story I will be telling you are the experiences we had in our house. Our house was built about 30yrs ago.

Four years ago, my parents did a bit of remodeling in the house and also rearranged some furnitures. Since then, we experienced a lot of strange things in the house but the most common are the white shadows. You know, those things that you see in your peripheral vision.

I had a few experiences of these white shadows. Since I only saw a glimpse of them or they just remained at my peripheral vision, I ignore them most of the time. There's no point scaring myself especially if I'm the only one in the room or in the house but I'll tell you the experiences I can never forget.

I was brushing my hair in front of our full body mirror when I saw through the reflection in the mirror a boy in white enter the door behind me and passed by, going to the bathroom. I thought he was one of my brothers (I have 4 brothers), so I ignored him and continued brushing my unruly hair. A few seconds later, my brother came in the door behind me... The same brother who I thought came in a while ago! Turning around, I asked him, "Didn't you just enter a while ago? I thought you came in and went to the CR."

"No," he replied. Apparently, he was outside when he saw someone in white come in and he just followed him inside. I stared at him for a few seconds before I felt goosebumps all over my body.

The next experience was when my brother (the same brother above) and I were watching TV. Our TV is on a table beside the door adjacent the full body mirror. I was sitting on a chair in front of the TV while my brother is sitting on another chair on my left, our open front door behind him. I saw a child in white enter the house through the front door running then went through the other door beside the TV. I looked at my brother and asked, "Who was it? Was it V?" (Let's just call our youngest brother as 'V'.)

"I'm not sure," my brother replied. "I saw two of them. One went to the CR while the other one went upstairs."

It's easy to ignore if I'm the only one who saw it but both of us? Furthermore, he saw 2 while I only saw 1. From where he's sitting, he would be able to see more than me inside the house.

I was starting to feel scared but also worried, I called for our youngest brother. I called several times but there was no answer. Mustering some courage, I went to the bathroom and also checked upstairs to look for him. No surprise, I found no one. There's only 2 of us inside the house.

By the way, both of these experiences happened in broad daylight.

Also, my brother also has an active third eye so he can definitely see more paranormal stuff.

Not only me but my siblings also had several experiences like this. There was one time that they were playing something on the bed when I came down from the bedroom upstairs and went behind them, asking what they were doing which they simply answered, "playing." Afterwards, I went to the bathroom.

All these happened while I was upstairs, playing games on the computer so they were shocked when I came down the stairs and peered over them, asking them what they were doing. "Didn't you just asked that a few moments ago? And we thought you went to the bathroom," they told me. Spooky, isn't it?

I don't know but for some reason an entity or entities that haunts our house always copy our forms but they are always in white. Fortunately, it never harmed us.

A few months after the remodeling, mother rearranged the furnitures again. One of the things that was moved was the full body mirror that was facing the door beside the TV.

It was only after some time that we noticed that the white shadows had already stopped appearing. Then, I think I finally knew the reason why they appeared in the first place. We have an old 'pamahiin' or belief in the Philippines. Mirrors are not to be placed in front of doors because its bad luck.

In some cultures, mirrors are a gateway of the spirits and placing it in front of doors can open that gateway, enabling the spirits or other entities pass through. I guess that's what happened in our house. Ever since the mirror was moved, the hauntings finally stopped.

Thanks for reading YG pips!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elriz23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elriz23 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-26)
Hi CuriousDee!
I say shadows because their features is a blur but when I see one of them, the height and figure seems like the same as one of my siblings. I'm not sure if that's their actual figure or their copying my siblings.

As for the white children, I believe I saw it wearing white but it was running fast when it came in so all I saw was a blur.

Yeah. I'm glad as well that they're no longer showing up. They were harmless but its still scary.
***********

Thanks for reading my story and for leaving your comments, guys. 😘
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-25)
Hi Elriz,

I'm curious, were the shadow figures separate from the children you saw (different entities) or are you referring to the same entity? Also, the child you saw, was it dressed in white? Were you able to see any features? Usually shadow figures are all black with no discernable features, so I'm not sure if what you saw falls under the shadow figure category.

There is a theory that renovations can 'stir up' activity, so that might have been the cause too. Glad everything is peaceful now.

Thanks for sharing
Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-25)
bizzjoe - CR stands for comfort room or, in other words, restroom or washroom. 😉

Now, I better read the story. 😊
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-25)
Cool story, however, I was wondering what you meant by "CR"?... What is CR?... You mentioned it a couple of times in your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: