You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Broken Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Broken Mirror

 

I'm not really the type to write stories on this page, but what happened to me today... Was weird, and I'm hoping that maybe one of you can help.

It happened this morning at approx. 8am, I was sleeping when all of a sudden I hear a loud breaking sound in my room. I woke up shocked and saw that my mirror was on the ground...broken.

Now the weird thing about this story is that, there is actually NO way that this mirror just fell. There wasn't any wind except from my fan, other than that, my windows were closed. Now my mirror was resting against the wall on my makeup desk, and for it to have fallen on its back is the weird part. Since it was resting I would assume that it would have slipped and fell, whilst dropping all my makeup off the desk... But the weird part is that nothing from my desk fell, my makeup boxes where in the same position as usual. I'm super confused about all this and honestly have no explanation whatsoever.

If any of you experienced anything like this I would love to hear your stories down in the comments, or maybe some tips of what I should do because I'm actually lost. I don't know if maybe I should get a priest or just call it a day and move on, I just hope this doesn't happen again with the new mirror that I'm going to buy, hopefully soon...

Help me out in the comments below.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _imscared_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rami (1 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
Please help me... I experienced the same... My mirror was collapsed... But not on the exact place it should have... And top side was up... The metal pot on the table was enough higher to dropped on the ground... But it was not fallen... What happened to you next... Did you experienced anything bad or any paranormal activity afterwards
ScottGrant (1 stories) (19 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-22)
I'mscared

Put a new mirror on your wall, use heavy duty hanging devices and if it falls again try to hang it on a different wall. Unless you see or hear an apparition I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you have a ghost. Don't get me wrong. Ghosts do exist. Read my story. I just try to keep a higher standard for what is, or is not a genuine apparition. When we are too willing to call an event paranormal it feeds our detractors with what they like to call "cuckoo."

ScottGrant
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-15)
Thank you for sharing! Broken mirrors are always seen as quite a powerful sign in Slavic culture, usually meaning sudden, unpleasant news in family/close friends. That involves a mirror that is broken as a result of action (say, if you drop it), but if a mirror breaks by itself - it would be seen as a strong warning from the spiritual world (probably as Mirrors are seen a portals in many mystical traditions).
My mother shared with me memory that once she woke up in the morning from a strange sound (she was a teenager then) - only to discover that a large mirror in the hall (the mirror was around 2 meters high) had cracked all the way across by itself! She found out the next day that her father had passed away unexpectedly (but he didn't live with the family any more then).
I always wonder about the signs like that - may be the sign (like broken mirror) means something only if a perceiver is aware of its meaning?... Say, if he lives in a culture when the meaning is widely known?... It could be that the spirits try to communicate with you, taking into account your beliefs/ perceptions. It could be that the broken mirror in ominous only if you are aware of this belief when it happens?... So, It could mean nothing more than a weir experience to you!
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-14)
Okay, let's assume there's a logical explanation for the mirror ending up on the floor. Slippage, the dark art of gravity what have you. How did it not disturb the items directly in its path? What piece of logic can be used there? If it slipped, from a bump or vibration, then the items would be swept off. If it toppled due to natural forces, they'd have been smashed/thrown off. UNLESS the mirror slid sideways, missing the items? To know, we need to know where did it land on the floor. Off to the side, directly in front?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
[at] Anno
There I was, thinking I had escaped math for good... Lol
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
_imscared_ I think in the absence of anything else to indicate the paranormal, there are many rational explanations. For one, and probably the most likely, is that a mirror resting on a wall has certain stresses (forces) acting on it due to its weight and position (I am assusming it was hypotenuse). Over time this may cause a failure (breakage) starting from the middle of the mirror. Another probable reason is that while it may have looked like the mirror was resting in a stable position (stasis), the base might have slipped out under it due to insufficient friction or a vibration / bump against the surface it was resting on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: