You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Afternoon Office Creepy Feelings

Real Ghost Stories

Afternoon Office Creepy Feelings

 

I'm a sceptic first, believer second.

Opinions are welcome however please keep them as opinions or ideas - I am open to all ideas however I hope that by anyone choosing to comment on this story that you respect me as well as my opinions and/or ideas.

Now to get to the important part which is to do more with the feeling I get rather than what I've heard or seen...

I work in a small office building 2mins away from the city (Will not say which state as to protect my identity) and have been working as the receptionist for about 6-8 months now; it is a lovely job and close to many fast food outlets, pubs/clubs, restaurants and other entertainment places to hang out and enjoy yourself.

Now in searching for any history to this building I've not been able to find much out, the only thing I have got from the history of the building that apparently it used to be a brothel many years ago - Those who do not know what a Brothel is and are over 18 please Google as it's a bit embarrassing to say...

Anyway part of my job includes collecting the mail and then opening the office and getting everything sorted for the day so I get in around 8.15am and I am alone until about 9 - 9.30am. For the hour that I'm alone I feel totally at ease and calm. However packing up at the end of the day is another story and even sometimes when I'm alone during the middle of the day it's a bit uneasy... Twice I've seen something move from the corner of my eye which has startled me, now this I've brushed off as my imagination or eyes playing tricks on me.

The first time I was in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to heat up and was staring out the window when to my right (The female toilets which is in a room directly to my right in the kitchen with the exit door between us and further back to my right the kitchen bench - to my left is the fridge and a sitting table for lunch time) I noticed something like a human crouched down or a big cat/dog-like creature dash behind the half open door to the toilet. My first instinct was to stand still but then I talked myself into thinking it was just my eyes so I quickly closed the door anyways and hurried back to my desk at the other end of the office building...

The second time was just earlier today when I was working at my desk - Now I probably should mention that there are two doors, one to my right which is constantly locked and blocked by my reception desk which is L shape with the short edge to my right and long edge in front of me making a little area for reception and the other door is also to my right but in front of my desk which is where people enter and exit from and is where a walkway/hallway starts. Behind me is an office blocked from me by a wall, the door is behind me on this wall but more to the left. And on the opposite side across the walkway/hallway from my reception area is another office exactly the same as the one behind me. Now this office door is normally open only a jar most of the time and I can see a bit inside.

So as I was explaining, I was working at my desk and from the corner of my eye I saw a tall grey thing disappear further into the office... It's a bit nerving however I'm going to stick with it either being my eyes (for example dust particles) or my imagination...

We had someone come out to fix the cracks and holes in the floorboards the other day in which he said were probably 150 years old so there could be a lot of history here...

I'm sure there could have possibly been something happen here and especially if it being a brothel was true then I would have no doubt that such a busy area with so many alcohol supplying places something bad could happen... And possibly there may be something in this building... But until I have solid proof then I will continue going about my time thinking this place is just old and that it's just my imagination:)

I hope all descriptions were easy to understand and I am sorry that it had nothing super creepy or nothing that was difficult to debunk but I know this feeling is odd and whether something is here or not or it is good or bad it's a feeling I get that makes me feel a bit scared and that I would love to get out of here ASAP!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Christine_Pandora, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Hi Dan!

Unfortunately other than the occasional really heavy feeling of someone being there I haven't actually seen or heard anything, however another person I work with happens to have some abilities and so does her mother - who did not like this place at all.
The daughter said she gets a feeling too but that it's not a bad one and has yet to see anything... Will keep you all posted as i'm thinking of seeing if I have any abilities myself so I feel I have more control over similar situations and can embrace them instead of ignoring them and blocking it 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Christine_Pandora: I just read your other comment on the York hospital and you mentioned you that you were from the WA state as I am also, I thought I would check your story out I think I know exactly the suburb your office building would be in, and for it to be a brothel does not surprise me 1 bit. These experiences of yours as you mentioned can definitely be down right frightning, always trust your gut instinct.
Have you had any other experiences as yet or find anything else about the history? Look forward to hearing from you, check out some of my stories also if you like I'm sure you will be familiar with the areas etc. 😊 Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
Wow thank you all for the support and help I feel a lot less silly now and am confident in standing my ground in what I feel 😁

MizMiMi02 - Thank you I will try my best to do that next time i'm alone in the afternoon and get the feeling 😊

I've been nervous to post this because I've only really felt the presence and not really witnessed anything like point blank apparitions or poltergeist activity but i'm glad I was able to find so many welcoming comments on my first posted experience and I love hearing all the ideas as well - even if they are to help me to debunk things.

I know that I will not be able to understand everything however there's no harm in trying and seeking opinions from others so thank you all! ❤
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
I feel that it's a shee. And it seems as though she is trying to gauge whether or not you can see her. Have you tried speaking to her directly? Maybe asking how you can be of help? If it was indeed a brothel, she may feel unworthy or unsure if she CAN crossover. Maybe you can contact her and see if you can be of any assistance. Let her know that she is indeed able to meet her family on the other side, in fact they are waiting for her. All she needs to do is look for someone familiar in the light. Good luck to you.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
I'd say a "tall, grey thing" is a bonafide scary experience. Even if just your peripheral vision.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
It's interesting that you say things only happen when you're alone at the end of the day, not the morning. That would seem to rule out tricks of the eye and dust particles, as you'd think these could happen at any time of the day. It would also seem to rule out a naturally-occurring EMF source, which would also happen at any time of the day. However, perhaps you feel more uneasy in the evening compared to the morning, which makes you more prone to see something that may or may not be there. Also, perhaps the lighting is different in the evening compared to the morning. Just some thoughts that you might consider. I agree a history as a brothel might make for some very interesting activity, whether residual or an actual haunt.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Hi Christine
I have to agree with the others. Just because an experience is not flat out frightening to the casual observer, does not mean it does not have merit. I mostly can't see either, I just feel. And there are times when the feeling is so strong that I just want to bolt out of a door. Then I'm in my own home and I know who is there, but it's still unnerving.

Never apologise for feeling, or even asking for help. They say a wise person seeks help or answers, while a fool stays quiet. It takes guts to put yourself out there and tell anyone (even people who believe) what you have experienced.

You're brave 😊
Triden
Argette (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Christine. I've said many times that it is the simple occurrences that are often the most frightening. On their face, they may not seem creepy, but they are often harder to explain, plus they sort of creep up on you.

I imagine a brothel offers no end of potentially tragic stories. You are brave to work alone!

Thanks so much for telling your story - well done!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Christine:

You are welcome and I am glad that you don't feel threatened however you do feel uncomfortable. I do believe that we do have to believe in our feelings and intuition, so to speak.

I also know what you speak of when you state that you may have blocked out some earlier experiences or thought of a safer explanation. Good luck to you. You may also try to speak to this "feeling" of something there, when no one is around. Let it know that it is making you feel uncomfortable and you wish it to go away when you are around.

Zeta.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
As Zeta had said, I have those experiences all the time. Whether or not my mind is playing tricks on me I'll never know, but doesn't make them any less scary. 😁

If you aren't feeling threatened I'd say just let it go. Learn to get used to that feeling. Who knows, if you aren't alone, then you could make a nice little friend or two out of it!

Keep your eyes peeled, we would love to hear about any other experiences you may be having. Thanks for sharing!
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Hi Zeta,

Thank you for the lovely comment 😊

And I don't really feel threatened just uncomfortable and I personally don't like the sort of uncomfortable where someone might be there but I have no power of knowing or seeing:/

But I think I've had things happen when I was younger but I'm not sure if they're dreams or my imagination but I know when I block it out I feel a bit better and can calm myself enough to do what needs to be done so I could've just blocked that stuff or tricked my brain into thinking of a different "safer" answer.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Hi Christine:

Please don't apologize for not having a "super creepy" experience because I believe some of the most scary experiences are the ones in which you see nothing. And it appears that you have seen a couple of entities anyway. I believe that whatever you "feel", if it is strong enough, must be something. I am curious however... Do you ever feel in any way threatened?

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: