You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Office Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Office Nightmare

 

My shift always starts at 10:30 pm and ends at 7:30 am, an all-night shift, as usual. On that particular Friday, only three of us were present in the office, including myself. I typically work in the admin office, but that night, the internet connection was unstable. So, I requested my coworker to transfer my workstation to the production area, where I knew the connection was much better, and he immediately made the switch.

Shortly after I sat down in the production area, I immediately felt an intense headache and started feeling nauseous. I had to make multiple trips to the restroom as I wasn't feeling well, and I thought I might pass out. Throughout the time I was there, this was all I could do. What added to the creepiness was that my mouth had a sulfur-like taste. What was even stranger was that while I was working there for a brief period, I felt a tingling sensation on my right hand and noticed some red spots. Initially, I thought it might have been a mosquito bite or something similar. However, I discovered today that it was not ordinary, as I noticed two scratch marks exactly where I felt the pain on my hand.

I was stuck in that situation for about an hour, and when I decided that I could no longer bear it, I tried to take a nap. It was incredibly unsettling because I couldn't find myself resting comfortably in the same area. When I felt like I was entering a deep sleep, it felt as if there was some force trying to take control of my body.

This experience continues to bother me, and it still creeps me out to this day.

Do you think a bad entity is trying to penetrate my body at that moment? Glad to hear your thoughts!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pajalbero, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-22)
Hi Pajalbero

Those sudden and unexplainable scratch marks usually suggest an evil entity, I believe that we all have a sixth sense that warns us of impending trouble, has anyone else at work experience this as well?
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-21)
Pajalbero, this must be difficult for you.
A visit to your GP should be first on your list. Maybe your GP can take a blood test and see what's in your system. As our members have said, you need to find out if it's something from the building that your inhaling.
Please keep us posted on what's happening.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-19)
Welcome to YGS.

Like the previous posters, I think your experience may have some mundane explanation, either by some factor present in the air of the production area, or by something in your system, specifically food.

The information in the following links may explain what you have experienced:

Https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/halitosis-or-bad-breath

Https://metrogi.com/gastroenterology-blog/why-do-get-sulfur-burps-and-how-can-i-prevent-them

It would be important to research if other employees have presented the same or similar reactions in that area, then discard if it's due to an environmental factor.

I don't discard the possibility of a paranormal presence, but consider important to gather more information before concluding these events to be paranormal in nature.

Thanks for sharing.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+3
7 months ago (2023-09-19)
Hello Pajalbero, thank you for sharing your experience!

Reading your account, I'm not so sure there's as a supernatural element involved, To be clear, I don't doubt at all what happened to you to nor the way you you relayed it, in fact you were very detailed in your experiences and the accompanying symptoms.

You didn't mention the feeling of any kind of a spirit, cold spots, being watched, electrical fluctuations, the indicators that a spirit/ghost could be manifesting. In fact you stated the internet connection in that room was better than in your office. The symptoms you describe could be from a physical cause, mold, (which may not produce the same symptoms, but it can make people sick if it's in the building, it's an example) for instance, or something else present in either the room or the building's structure that could also manifest similar symptoms. You could have come into physical contact with some substance without knowing it on your hand that could also produced the symptoms. What you describe could be attributed to a number of environmental causes. It may also be wise to consult a physician and be sure there are no health related causes or that you may have been exposed to something in the building.

Has anyone else in the production area exhibited similar symptoms or a response? What is the building's history? Perhaps it would be in the best interests of everyone to have the room tested for any environmental issues or anything related that could be harmful to human occupation in that room.

I don't really sense a spirit at work here, so I hope that at least provides some level of relief. I could be wrong of course, but I believe you're OK in that regard, but again, there could be something of a more physical nature in that room that may not be good for your health and well being. Please keep us posted if anything else arises and if you could provide responses to my questions which would help me better with details. Good Luck!
KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-19)
From what I know Pajalbero, Sulfur is known to be of low toxicity, and poses very little if any risk to human health in small doses.

In some cases it is used in pesticides, car batteries, gun powder centuries ago and some washing detergents also may contain sulfur.

If there is sulfur in that room in large quantities it would explain your headaches, but seeing as though sulfur is used in creams to ease dermatitis and rashes, I do not think it is responsible for the redness on your hands.

But hey, I am not an expert by all means. I just know a bit on this topic from my school days.

So why is all this happening to you? Good question. I believe it is possible for spirits to interfere with our moods. It would be wise to use another office, and stay away from the negativity in that room. Whatever it is.

Kent
(⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠)
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-19)
Hi, Pajalbero. Welcome to YGS.

I am not sure if there was a bad spirit trying to enter your body but the experience was certainly unpleasant. Assuming there is some nightwatchman, does anyone have any reports of events on the production floor when no one was present?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: