You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My First And Only Ghost Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First And Only Ghost Experience

 

I'm now 21 years old, and lived in Switzerland for all my life. I don't think I'm "especially" sensitive to supernatural stuff, but I suppose I have my moments. Then again I'm quite interested in everything that's "not" normal. Anyways I'll get to the story.

It goes back from when I was around 10 years old. I had that mosquito net thingy above my bed (don't seem to remember why, probably was in at the time). I mostly had it closed at night, and also my parents closed it if they came to say goodnight. At the time I had my sheep plushie, which I used to hug in my sleep. Now with those explanations we're ready to go for the story.

One night I woke up and I felt as if someone was in my room (I'm sure most of you had that feeling before when you feel that you're not alone or the room feels "heavy"). I noticed that the net was open for about 10 to 15 cm. I started staring out of that gap, trying to get my eyes used to the darkness. While all of that I was hugging my sheep plushie, which in the next moment got pulled away from me pretty hard. Of course I was scared, like probably anyone would be. I hid under my blanket and started crying. I somehow started talking in fear - probably to calm myself down - and told "it" to leave me alone and never come back. I somehow found the light switch by then and pushed it, but there wasn't anything in the room.

I first suspected my little sister, but I didn't hear my door open for her to get out. I also asked her the next day. I didn't see any ghost, all I felt was my sheep being pulled away, pulling me with it like half into sitting position before I pulled it back under my blanket to hide.

After that I kind of lost that memory. I didn't think much about it anymore, and kind of discarded it as unimportant. Now, about a year ago I started being interested in ghost stories and such. I started reading about ghosts and there were two parts of someone explaining ghosts that caught my eye.

First was something about "ghosts only want your attention, they don't necessarily want to hurt you". The second part said that ghosts will listen to you when you tell them to leave, cause... I think something about you being alive.

Anyways I was at school that day and read through that. And when I read the second part I remembered that my experience. I was talking to my friend about something and suddenly went like "**it dude, I just remembered something crazy from my childhood!"

It's not that the memory came back to me normally. It was a vivid memory. Even now when I think back, I still remember that night very vivid.

I started thinking that maybe I sent someone away that just wanted to contact me. Honestly, I felt a little bad about myself at first. We don't have many dead persons in our family, only my grandfather which I don't remember. He died after seeing me as a baby as far as my dad told me.

I've been reading stories on this site for a while and ended up deciding to share mine too.

That's all that happened to me in the ghostly direction until now. There was only a minor sleep paralysis event and me hearing noises before I fall asleep on some nights.

The sleep paralysis was probably combined with a dream, which made me think I was sealed by a demon or something, but I woke up after doing a so called "energy shield" (yep I was reading about ki, shamanism, etc at the time).

The noises I hear before sleep sound like footsteps, but I got used to it. I think its probably just my plastic carped discharging after I walk about it a few times in the evening.

Thanks if you read so far. If you still have time to spare, I'd like to hear your opinions about this. I'm not afraid, I don't need help, but I'd love to discuss this with you guys in a state of open mind. Thanks =)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, llyr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

llyr (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
hey everyone and thanks for the replies!

Isandhu: yes I think they wouldn't have wanted to scare me^^ and well I reacted on instinct... I think that was more to try and calm me down^^

GreyFeather: Thanks for your opinion! Since I never got into any contact with it it could be either bad or good. Though as isandhu suggested, good spirits probably wouldn't try to scare me:) One thing in your comment caught my eye. "...your guardian pushed it out of there." Thats a really interesting part. Would you mind sharing your knowledge about that with me? Thanks either way^^

Michelle21: I'd really love to read your story! Pm me the link once its up:D

Thanks to everyone who posted and shared their opinion with me
Llyr
michelle21 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
good story I had a simula thing happen to me when I was young. But if I could put my story on is I would love it if you and other could see it
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
Interesting story. I don't at all think that was your dead relative. I think it was an opportunistic negative spirit. Harmful spirits prowl the nights looking for young people to cling to and destroy because they're jealous of our light and joy. You absolutely were right to tell it to leave and your guardian pushed it out of there. Also, as you continue to learn about and think on spiritual maters, opening your mind's acceptance to the possibilities, you will probably have more experiences with the spirits. Tread carefully in your new-found frontier in the paranormal; it is not a game.
zinqa (3 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
Dude I wish I could make you know what I know, I don't mean to be rude I am glad you did get rid of him. Any one who has a ghost or demon problem, listen to me this is a solution, try and trust me for your own sake. It is not much to loose

Googles search "wiliam branham" second option "pastor christ" and get you self a cd or dvd's of them (any). Protect yourselfs by playing them. They will not come harm you while it is playing I am not crazy. May b at fist they will try to keep up or to even fight but they can't keep up. What have you got to loose? Just few bucks
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
I wouldn't feel bad about telling whatever pulled your sheep to go away. If it was a deceased family member then a) technically, they were successful in contacting you and b) I'm sure they would not have wanted to scare you. I had a bizarre childhood experience that left me wondering if it was a test of some kind and I failed because I was just too scared. I applaud you for even being able to tell whatever it was to go away. I couldn't even get a word out I was so scared. I'm not sure what to make of your other experiences as there isn't much detail provided. Keep us posted if anything else happens.
llyr (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Thanks for your post JuuJuu^^
As I write in the story, I really did feel bad about it at first. But I figured that if they really wanted to contact me specifically then they would try to again^^

I also asked my family a bit. My sister never had an experience exept for the noises at night. My parents don't seem too much into the topic, don't know if they had an experience they don't want to talk about or if they just really have no idea bout it. But apparantly (as far as my mother told me) my grandmother claimed to have seen ghosts or people that died when she was younger. I'll try asking her about that sometime:)
Llyr
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
What stood out to me most in this is you saying you felt bad about sending someone away who may have been friendly. Don't feel bad for that at all. You had no knowledge of communication with spirits at that time and I think you did the exact right thing by being asked to be left alone.
If it was someone from your family, your grandfather for example, he was probably quite proud of you for sticking up for yourself like that.
All in all, a really interesting experience. 😊
llyr (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
[at] rozo:
Thanks for your feedback! Sure I'll do that:D
As far as I've talked with my sister about stuff like that, she hears noises at night aswell. She told me her habit to sleep with her ipod on came from that. Also that it happens to her pretty often to wake up and think that someones there. She might even be the more sensitive person.
At the time I think I only had a hamster maybe even our first cat already. Though the cat was never allowed in the bedrooms at night (parents weren't too fond of the idea).
Thanks, I'll probably ask my parents about it later today and post the results here:)
Llyr
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Hi There, thanks for sharing your story.

Its a bit difficult to say with what you have given us, its a "happened one time only" situation and therefor can be really tricky to try debunk or evaluate...
Did you have any animals back then? Like a cat or dog that might of pulled your sheep in trying to be playful?

Has mom or dad ever experienced anything like this... You are old enough now to discuss this with them I'm sure... Ask them, if they know of any paranormal happenings while you were a kid, it actually makes for good conversation in families and you will be quite surprised as to what stories they have waiting to be told.

Keep us posted!
Rozo

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: