You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Continuous Sleeping Paralysis?

Real Ghost Stories

Continuous Sleeping Paralysis?

 

My name is Vishal. I am a passive reader of this site. And this is my first experience I m going to share here with you all guys so please forgive me if I have any grammer mistake.

This goes way back when I was a high school student. I don't know how to explain this all so I will get into the point from the start I used to have continuous sleeping paralysis.

Like I know people say sleeping paralysis is a condition when brain wakes up but body is still in it's rest.

But how can someone get it back to back continuously? Even after getting free from it?

Like I used to make myself free from sleeping paralysis and get everything back on normal but as soon as I try to sleep again I used to get it back and it happened each time I try to fall asleep.

I even used to feel like someone is pushing me out of bed and also felt like someone is whispering into my ears during the paralysis.Sometimes, I also felt like my bed was shaking. At first I used to find this all very scary but when it started to occur on daily basis I just got used to it and felt less scared.

On one particular night tho it was very scary I heard a sound of a chair moving so I turned my head a look for who was it then I saw a boy's face (whom I have never seen before) peeking through the curtains and as soon as I saw his face I felt a very heavy pressure on my chest and also heard someone shouting at me.

(He was telling to give more pressure to my chest).

Also it only happens when I sleep alone; it doesn't used to happen when I was with my brother in the room.

Note: My house is not haunted and we have never encountered any ghostly experience ever in our house.

Expect from me getting the sleeping paralysis.

I don't know if this is something paranormal but I want to know if someone out there have experienced something like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, svishal121, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-19)
Hei, the stories I posted on this site contain some SP episodes so I feel you.

I generally have it while sleeping alone. After a long period of time, I discovered that my unconscious fear was fueling it.

You can see and hear a lot of things, there are times when you are desperate, trying to discern if it is real or not. Let me tell you most times it is not real. I know how convincing it can be but this is one of its side effects. You can have SP episodes one after another. There were nights when I had 6 or 7 episodes per night. Sleeping alone, it became customary to have them 2-3 times a week. Sleeping with my boyfriend, I had them twice in 6 months. This is proof of the fear-induced theory.

There aren't a lot of things to do in order to avoid them. Stay calm and positive. It is just a sleeping disorder and that's it. I am telling you this from the perspective of someone who dealt a lot with it.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-17)
Hello Svishal121,

Yes, lots of members on YGS have similar experiences as you and have posted them here. I have enjoyed reading their posts and am still mulling through them.

I'm one of those people who have SP issues often. I used to get scared, however I'm learning to adjust. 

When I was a little girl and experienced my first SP, I was in a state of shock and froze. Finally, I crawled out of my room and into mum and dad's bed and told them what happened.

The next morning we got a call from the UK saying my uncle passed away a few hours ago. What I saw in my room was my uncle by my door. He was clear as day wearing a dark blue/navy suit. 

Lucky I told my parents or no one would believe that I saw him.

I've been using a highly respected YGS member, Rookdygin's cleansing ritual frequently. It has eased the SP/spirit occurances.

There's so much more of my stuff I can ramble on about but I won't because this comment is about helping you, if I can. The YGS members will definitely help you if my small contribution isn't enough.

Wisconsin Lady said in her comment, 'Maybe try switching your bed to a new place in your room'. I've been told that before too. Very wise suggestion from Wisconsin Lady. 

Also LeaLeigh recommends keeping a dream journal. That's sound advice too. 

Silverthane61, you have put a lot of research into your comment. I'm intrigued. 🤔 Thanks.

RCRuskin, I'm scared. I couldn't handle some of the experiences you've had. I'm going to read some of your posts now to learn more. 😳

All in all Svishal121, you have some of the best comments directed your way, giving you several options on how to deal with your dilemma. 

Here's Rookdygin's profile page where you will find his Cleansing Ritual method. It seems like an effort when you read it, but once you get started, it's great. Your home will feel fresh and clean and smell amazing when you finish.

Rookdygin's profile page:
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

My small contribution is:
Force yourself to move your toes or fingers. Once you learn to do that, you'll be able to wake yourself up.

I hope you are able to work through this and look forward to hearing back on how the many suggestions are working for you.

Best wishes,
SWS
😊
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-17)
I meant to say "Hello svishal" my phone auto corrected me. I'm sorry!
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-17)
Hello a visual,

I have sleep paralysis several times a year. I am 39 so it is not always something that is suffered by children and teenagers. I have found that keeping a dream journal is helpful to me. It doesn't stop me from having sleep paralysis altogether; but I am no longer frightened of whatever I see, feel or hear while the episode is going on.

Keeping a dream journal might be helpful to you. You can document the things that happen to you during sleep paralysis. Also, you can document the conditions of your room at the time of these episodes.

For example: I have found that I have all of my sleep paralysis episodes when there is light in my room. I don't have them in the dark. I also only have these episodes when I am alone. I am more likely to have sleep paralysis when I wake several times in the night.

I hope this is helpful to you.

- Maria
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
I experienced sleep paralysis often as a pre-teen, I experienced it so much that I researched it totally on my own by getting help from the city librarian. I found out that the body produces an enzyme that paralyzes the body so that when you dream, you do not act out in body movements while you sleep. If your dream causes you to wake up, or if you wake suddenly from dream state, the enzyme is still active in your body. Once you are awake, it takes approximately 2-5 minutes for the enzyme to dissolve. During this time, you are susceptible to dream-state phenomenon like hearing things, feeling things, seeing things, even smelling things!
However, the last part of your story is interesting. You were able to move your head to see the little boy, so I do not think you were paralyzed and you may not have been in a dream state. Also, you said that you do not experience paralysis when you are not alone. This sounds like it may have a paranormal aspect to it.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
Hi, SVishal. Hope you're well.

Sleep paralysis, in addition to any other things it can be, is a documented medical condition. When we sleep, we dream. Everyone does, but not everyone remembers dreams in the morning. (Aside: in fact, remembering your dreams in the morning may be a bad thing since it happens more often when you wake frequently during the night.) Among dreams I remember having, details include:

- putting parts of a snowmobile onto a kayak to get to church
- taking a bus trip from the US to Europe (yes, riding a bus across the ocean) and my friend getting murdered and dismembered
- taking a walking tour of a dam; seemed to be Hoover Dam

Now, if I acted out any of these things, the results would be bad. So, as a survival mechanism, it evolved that the motor neurons get shut off during sleep. In some people, it seems these neurons do not get shut off, and they sleepwalk.

Now, I am not saying this explains your situation, but this does answer your question about how people can get it repeatedly and recover from it. Or, at least, that is the purpose of my response. More information can be found in many scholarly journals.
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
Sorry for commenting again so soon. My sister just sent me another message.

Quoting my sister:

"Also, I only get it when I'm sleeping alone. And it can get super creepy. If your brain can produce piss your pants nightmares, imagine how bad it could freak you out if it ALSO made you think you were awake?"

I apologize for my sister's language. Lol. I love her, even if I have to constantly apologize when I speak of her. Lol ❤
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
Hi svishal121,

I shared your experience with my sister, because she has sleep paralysis a lot. She said what you experience is very common. Do you normally sleep on your back? That seems to be a trigger for many people. If you do, try sleeping on your side or stomach and see if that helps.
Do you have lights or sound in the room while you're trying to fall asleep? Like a tv or fan? I've experienced sleep paralysis when my TV and lights are on.
Maybe try switching your bed to a new place in your room.
Let me know if anything here helps or if it doesnt.
Have you ever talked with a sleep specialist?
I wish you the best! Keep us updated! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: