You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Town Of Loleta, Ca

Real Ghost Stories

The Town Of Loleta, Ca

 

My story is about something that happened to me when I was about 14 or 15 years old. I'm 20 now. But remember it like it was yesterday. I think that's because it's honestly the only genuinely unexplainable thing that has happened to me. Since I was young I have always had a keen interest in things creepy and macabre. I don't necessarily believe in "ghosts", but have always loved the idea of things like that. My friends and I are always making makeshift ouija boards out of cardboard and running around at night with a tape recorder and a flashlight. So much fun.

So let's talk about this particular night. It was probably a friday or saturday night because I was still in school and was staying at my best friends house. She lived in this town about 7 miles north of where I lived. She lived in Loleta. Loleta is a place you have to experience in order to understand what it is about. It is an old dairy town that was mostly centered around the old creamery. The creamery is now abandoned and has been broken into by many curious teenagers. It is a very eerie looking building. I myself have been wanting to take a look inside for years. But now there are security cameras and a big fence around it. The building is so creepy that, in fact, it was used in one of the Halloween films (Season of the Witch 1982). As were other parts of the town. Like Cannibal Island road. Cannibal island got it's name because of the Native Americans who inhabited it. It is said that they were cannibalistic. Not sure how much truth there is to that. But I do know that the tribe was slaughtered.

The Town Of Loleta, Ca

I think you have a pretty good idea of how creepy the town of Loleta is. (I apologize for my poor writing skills)... So my friend lived in this old house that she claimed used to be an old whorehouse. Once again, not sure how much truth there was to that statement. But it sounded pretty exciting at the time. So I was staying the night. I remember that her dad was there but was asleep. It must have been pretty late. We had made a Ouija board out of cardboard and we had candles set all around us. We had two larger candles that we used to ask questions. One candle was for yes and one for no. We would ask questions and wait for one of them to flicker. Little did she know I was secretly blowing on the candles the whole time. Haha. Nothing was happening with the board. We were starting to get discouraged when we started to hear loud knocking on the walls. I assumed that it was her dad playing tricks on us. Because he totally would. I was still scared though. And so was she. All the lights were off. We sat there for like ten minutes daring one another to go turn on the light. Instead we both scurried up to the the pullout bed and held each other while this knocking on the walls continued. I remember hearing this weird slithering sound next to me on the ground. Finally my friend got the courage to go turn on the light. That's when I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and there was the chandelier swaying back and forth. Like hard. And it continued to do so for like 3 whole minutes. And then finally, slowly stopped. I was still convinced at this point that her dad was messing around with us. So we crept over to his bedroom and peeked in. He was sound asleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kuykendall, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

batVkitty (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I think there was a spirit with you guys since you invited the spirit through the ouija, it was easier for the spirit to show or be in your presence. I think there are ghosts/spirits around us everywhere it just depends if we make it easier for them to reveal themselves like ouijas or other tools. I have a "toys are us" ouija but it won't work! I think they just ripped me off! Probably in the future, I'm going to somewhere haunted to play it see if it really works!
Silene02 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
the place looks creepy! I hope that you don't play with ouija boards anymore ha ha! 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: