You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Intelligent Haunting?

Real Ghost Stories

Intelligent Haunting?

 

My family and I moved into a newly built apartment 6 months ago, But stuff just started happening 3 weeks ago.

First time something happened: I got done watching a movie. It was around 11pm. My kids were asleep in their beds. I had all the lights off and the TV on. Got up and used the bathroom, came back to my front room and the light for my back porch was turned on and the backdoor was unlocked. I NEVER turn that light on because I don't go on the back porch at night.

A few nights later, around 10pm, I took my son into his room. When I walked into his room his toy car came on and the lights and sounds went off. For no reason at all. It has NEW batteries. I made sure it wasn't old batteries. The next night, his other toy car turned on, lights & sounds went off and suddenly cut out. (Remote controlled, and the remote hasn't been seen in quite some time. Months)

Once again, a night later, me and my son walked into his room, and this Rock & Roll Elmo made a sound like a wound up race cars tires being let go. Next to Elmo was a Tonka truck, Buzz Lightyear figurine, and a baseball glove & ball, none of which can make that sound. I played around with Elmo to see if I could repeat the sound I heard. I physically couldn't force it to make that noise again.

Three nights ago, I was walking by my son's room, the door was open but no light was on. I felt like someone was watching me. My son was in my daughter's room watching a movie, so it wasn't him.

My daughter has started to wake up at about 2:30 AM, and talking & giggling. Her room is completely black so it's not like she is talking to a toy because she can not SEE. It's weird. And she started this after 2 months of sleeping the ENTIRE night, without waking up. Maybe that's not a ghost and her just being a silly 4 month old baby. But it creeps me out when I hear it going on.

Now for the part that really scared me. Last night/early this morning (2:30AM). My son ALWAYS wakes up and uses my bedroom's bathroom (he's scared to use the other bathroom without lights on). So, he gets up and when I hear him in there, I get up so I can tuck him back into bed when he is done. I used the bathroom and went back to sleep.

Around 3:30AM I suddenly wake up because I could FEEL, but not physically see, a man walking into my bedroom and walking to my side of the bed, and I felt him watching me for like 5 minutes. I pulled my blanket over my head because I just couldn't take the feeling of it anymore. However, the feeling of it being there hadn't gone away. This wasn't a dream, I was completely woken up when this was going on... I finally fell asleep. My son comes in at around 6AM and crawls into bed with me. He asked me why there was water on my bathroom floor.

I was tired and didn't think anything of what he was asking. As I'm waking up I go into my bathroom and there's a puddle of water. I checked the ceiling for leaks, nothing. Checked the toilet for leaks, nothing. I know it wasn't my son because I asked him if he did it. He is at the age where he tells on himself if he has done something and I ask him about it. And no it wasn't pee. It was water.

I told my honey what happened and what I felt, and he said he woke up around the same time because he felt like someone was near his hand that wasn't covered up.

I am thinking about doing an EVP session tonight. What's your thoughts on what's going on in my home? What should I do?

Also, I'm not scared of this man that was in my room. It was more startling because someone who wasn't invited was there with me. I'm not scared of ghost/spirits/ whatever you want to call them.

PLEASE HELP. I've talked to friends & family and no one seems to believe me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AMC2012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
[at] necromancer
Am confused 😕 a poltergeist is a build up of negative energy that manifests itself outwardly from its source and therefor cannot be an intelligent haunting.
[at] AMC2012... Go with you guts... You are not afraid of this visitor and neither is your daughter that's a good thing as if you were that would be a cause for concern... Maybe it's a loved 1 checking out your new home and trying to get your attention as you said " I walked into his room and the toy car came on" same again the next night it would definitely seem to want to communicate. I suggest keeping a log for a few weeks to build a clear picture if things don't settle down take supernaturalservices kind offer also you could try Rooks cleansing method it's rather famous on here and Rook is a highly respected poster... Best of luck 😊
milenko_necromancer (11 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Thanks for posting such an interesting story. I don't mean to scare you or anything like that, but the spirit controlling you son's toys and turning on the porchlight and unlocking the door isn't just a haunting. That is poltergeist phenomena! I'm not talking about the movie series spanning from 1982-1988 either. Clearly you are dealing with something of immense intelligence. However, it doesn't seem to be malevolent (harmful/dangerous). For now, my advice is just to observe the creature (which it seems to be doing to you) It seems like it is more of a curious man. Perhaps he once lived in the house and is merely investigating the newcomers to his home. He also seems to be interested in and fascinated by your son's toys, judging by the way he is trying to use them. He seems more like he is just fidgeting with the toys and trying to figure them out, much like my grandparents and great-grandparents did when I was a young child and went to their homes.

Please just try to notice the activity and get back to me.

~Milenko_Necromancer
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
I am a paranormal investigator in WA. I could take a look if you wanted. PM me if you are interested or if it turns violent.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
AMC...you might wish to read over my story "
Baby Brings Ghost"/ There are some similarities here. I do not believe that these toys are evil, or have a captured soul in them. Rather what I believe is that some entity can manipulate any object including toys. Of course, that is just my belief and everyone has their own beliefs and opinions.

Good luck, zeta.
Nelli9x (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
ah, I suggest NOT giving your children dolls. (they were said to be made to capture a person's soul.) also, as everyone has said, basic cleansing. If your kid is laughing, not screaming, I doubt it is a particularly hostile spirit, but things can change fast. Anything else I would advise is common sense. Research, research. Who had lived there before?
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
This might be a spirit that comes in visitation. If it doesn't scare you I say try communicating by talking or using objects (like the toys) and placing them down and ask for them to be moved when you return.

The puddle of water on the floor though is odd. Is it the first time this has happened?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
AMC2012
I agree that this is an intelligent haunting. You didn't say how old your son is but by the toys you describe I would say between 3 and 4. Am I right?
Ask him if he has seen anybody in the apartment. If he answers in the affirmative show him pictures of family members and friends that have passed away but not right away. Wait a day or two and pull out a photo album if you have one and tell him who each person is and what they meant to you or your sweetheart. Let him take his time and allow him to look at the photo album as often as he wants. But keep in mind that this spirit (s) may not be known to you it may just be a spirit that likes children.
You say he is afraid of the one bathroom because it is dark. Put a night light and I do mean a bright one in there so he may feel more comfortable there.
As for your experiences with the back light on and the door unlocked are you SURE you or you're sweetheart didn't leave the light on or forget to lock the door?
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
I have to agree with madmonkeywoman's thought that the entity is a family member that is just checking in on you and your family.

Keep in mind that children are more sensitive to spirits than anyone else and although they may be young try asking them what this entity looks like, show them some photographs of family members or of friends that have passed on.

Whitewolf,
madmonkeywoman (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
SAY HI GRANDPAP. I'm getting either father/grandfather just checking in on you.
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
If the spirit has not done you any harm don't be frightened. Instead try being friendly with it. Keep your mind and heart open. He may have something to tell you.
Spookymulder (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
I've heard that ghost that play with kids toys are just letting you know there looking over your kids
guy123 (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
This is really creepy. Since you experienced the weird physical incidents, I would recommend you to perform some basic cleansing. If you have night vision camera, you could use to capture some movements.

Today I experienced a spirit movement in my restroom while taking bath but I chose to ignore and I know that iT can't harm me

Let me know what you find. It's really nice to hear that you are not afraid and this is the first step in fighting this battle

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: